Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think there will be some bricked 3DS: let's say you have a "gateway", a 3DS not up to date, a bad rom dumb (or downloaded), or a crapy sd card and fail your update.

this card do not worth buying for me

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aside from the bickering, are we getting a 3DS flashcarts section or is it just going to be part of the 3DS Hacking & Homebrew section until there is more than just the 1 flashcart. Assuming Nintendo doesn't get this seized by customs agents in all regions that they sell the 3DS, before some of us get one to use.

Reactions: Ziggy Zigzagoon

str8mjed

FF Fan
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
***Reminder to Everyone***:

As far as this discussion goes, Please don't jump into any conclusion, since the flashcard maker isn't said anything about how their flashcard works.

You may suggest something, but don't assume that it is true.

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I was trying to contact them in hope of a possible release date, but nothing :(. I swear sometimes i have no patience lol

oslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
so.. this cart doesnt even worths for pirates

i just hope that the gateway team has a way to keep this cart unblocked, at least until a exploit that allows homebrew and region block bypass comes out

either if the exploit is a savegame exploit or a hacked rom with modified code this cart is useful for this

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***Reminder to Everyone***:

As far as this discussion goes, Please don't jump into any conclusion, since the flashcard maker isn't said anything about how their flashcard works.

You may suggest something, but don't assume that it is true.

Im trying not but the excitement is killing me.

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that he said that the video was recorded before the loader was made.
And I said "... You don't announce a product a few weeks before release by showing off a prototype that has fewer features..." in the post you just quoted.
If you wish to think that way, then the entire card could be a really well done fake and be done with it ;)...
Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt the card is real; we have proof of that in the video. But no one has provided any PROOF that it does more than we saw in the video. As I said: testimony doesn't count in science, no matter how trustworthy the source. Nor should it count anywhere else where facts are the desired outcome of the discussion. Like here, for example. The most you can say is that it's POSSIBLE they added a menu-based loader since the video was recorded.

But for the sake of argument let's say there is one. Question. Why didn't they make a new video for the announcement? The only two answers I can think of are:
  1. They're too lazy
  2. It's still entirely non-functional, or worse no actual code has been written for it yet
If 1, then that's just poor marketing. Especially since their target market routinely refuses to do any research. If 2, then how are they planning to ship it two weeks? If it's not at least semi-functional by this point then two weeks isn't going to help much. And yes even semi-functional is worth a new video.

Reactions: JRave and raulpica

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you think we will get a HBC like the Wii or any other custom channels ?

Only with a kernel-level exploit and signing tools on the PC side of things... Similar to the PS3 scene, which is just a bloody mess.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
And I said "... You don't announce a product a few weeks before release by showing off a prototype that has fewer features..." in the post you just quoted.
Oh dear... *blushes*

Either way, I would rather wait these two weeks before making any conclusions. I know that GBATemp shall make a review for this eventually.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt the card is real; we have proof of that in the video. But no one has provided any PROOF that it does more than we saw in the video. As I said: testimony doesn't count in science, no matter how trustworthy the source. Nor should it count anywhere else where facts are the desired outcome of the discussion. Like here, for example. The most you can say is that it's POSSIBLE they added a menu-based loader since the video was recorded.

But for the sake of argument let's say there is one. Question. Why didn't they make a new video for the announcement? The only two answers I can think of are:
  1. They're too lazy
  2. It's still entirely non-functional, or worse no actual code has been written for it yet
If 1, then that's just poor marketing. Especially since their target market routinely refuses to do any research. If 2, then how are they planning to ship it two weeks? If it's not at least semi-functional by this point then two weeks isn't going to help much. And yes even semi-functional is worth a new video.
or even better 3 , they have a loader that is not complete and they are trying to rush out the cart for a good reason, maybe they have some knowledge that there are competitors that are going to be releasing something as well ,maybe something better and they want to beat them to the punch and cash in quick before the better solution is released

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously wonder how many high and mighty "I'll never use this just for piracy" people in this thread are really huge hypocrites and are going to get it/a better later version anyways. It's like "backups" that everybody claims to have. Seriously, nobody really cares if you pirate or not.

Reactions: Madridi

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ While piracy is always tempting I admit (have an SCDS2) I'm more interested in using the 3DS as a retro handheld, up to possibly N64 as some think it could do(probably with CPP?). I hate dealing with them on computers, tablets, phones, etc. Looking forward to homebrew and bypassing the RL as well of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage...