Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I could read Japanese, I'd be picking up the ball on translation projects that everyone else is too fucking lazy to finish. :P
I already work on some fansub/scanlation projects for fun, I mostly learned the language to play games nobody would translate anyway (*cough cough* Tales of) :P It's not that hard with the right textbooks, it just takes time and effort...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want to be able to play unrestricted videos longer than 10 minutes on the device... That isn't asking too much for the OFW to allow that, I'm well-aware the 3DS can play 480p H.264 video just fine.

I already work on some fansub/scanlation projects for fun, I mostly learned the language to play games nobody would translate anyway (*cough cough* Tales of) :P It's not that hard with the right textbooks, it just takes time and effort...

I LOVE the "Tales of" games the most, and am sad that the translation projects on the Japanese-only games have mostly all tanked. :(

Reactions: yuyuyup

vini9157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when the card come out a 3DS FW update will come and most likely block the the card
and make it useless on new FWs that Pokemon and newer games might need

flashcards survived any ds/dsi/3ds (ds mode) updates

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, if it stay like this, it will not be worth it.
Not completely. It is worth it to pirates. For example; Even if it was multi rom supported; You could only play one rom at a time.

If I put New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the gateway; play it; save it (Save data saved); plug into computer and copy the file content on the micro sd card to a folder for backup; then install a new rom to the micro SD card that is the same size of the rom for NSMB2; then I could play a different rom and still have the game of NSMB2 saved to the computer..
This is of course for pirates; which I am not; was just giving an example.

SO; if that example is true for gateway; then it is a Single Rom player; but you can switch out roms on the micro SD card. Which will allow different roms to be played (Long as the rom fits the Micro SD)

Which many pirates will see valuable. As they spend most of their time on the computer anyways.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
flashcards survived any ds/dsi/3ds (ds mode) updates

DS Flashcards use exploits because we have the Key so they just change it slightly and it works again

3DS is a clone and 3DS mode is alot smarter
they can just check check for this BLOCKED! and then you have to buy a whole new flashcard because it has blocked the hardware, not the software
the only Hardware check teh 3DS can do in DS mode was done, hence why many cards died with teh 4.5.0-10/5.0.0-11 updates

I wonder how you put the 3DS roms onto the SD cards so that they are flashed to the right about of space... I imagine a software "ROM flasher to SD" is how, much like writing an .img file to a USB stick...

as i posted on page 21, the MicroSD's look like this once flashed to the correct format and with the rom

3dsgamechipcontents.jpg

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'll like this if it's compatible with original DS games if it shows up in the activity log as the right games and still saves to the microsd so I can play more than 1 backup.

you cannot have more than 1 save on it at a time
you have to dump it
that is shown in the video
note every time a game is put in after the first one it says "save corrupted" and wipes and creates a new save

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not completely. It is worth it to pirates. For example; Even if it was multi rom supported; You could only play one rom at a time.

If I put New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the gateway; play it; save it (Save data saved); plug into computer and copy the file content on the micro sd card to a folder for backup; then install a new rom to the micro SD card that is the same size of the rom for NSMB2; then I could play a different rom and still have the game of NSMB2 saved to the computer..
This is of course for pirates; which I am not; was just giving an example.

SO; if that example is true for gateway; then it is a Single Rom player; but you can switch out roms on the micro SD card. Which will allow different roms to be played (Long as the rom fits the Micro SD)

Which many pirates will see valuable. As they spend most of their time on the computer anyways.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that the primary feature of a flashcard is to be able to switch between ROMs by coming back to the menu (at least I think), and that's why I can't see Gateway as a flashcard.

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but what I'm saying is that the primary feature of a flashcard is to be able to switch between ROMs by coming back to the menu (at least I think), and that's why I can't see Gateway as a flashcard.

True; That is currently seen as a completely working flashcard. Perhaps; with further research and donations for their time ;) lol they may find a way to do that. Who knows; but what is known; is if this is released; it will encourage other developers of flashcards to take the hardware of this card and mod it to use for their own use and create a new flash card; or clones of it.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Better yet, why haven't Flash cart manufacturers figured out how to stealth/spoof their hardware ID's to mimic a legit cart ID, forever keeping Nintendo from blocking it in the future?
I quote this for truth. (I wanted to do a Super Dangan Ronpa 2-style 'I concur!', but I do not have any evidence to support the possibility of such a spoof.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't agree more with you. I wouldn't want to carry a lot of sd cards, but look at it like this...it cuts the 3ds games price more than half lol ^_^. What i want the most is an N64 of banjo kazooie and tooie because i know for sure the 3ds can handle it. Doesn't seem wrong to say that i have never played conker's bad fur day?
I hope they port N64 & Gcube to 3DS so I can play gale of darkness,super mario sunshine,& various others to 3DS I can't wait to see what the 3DS mode can do :-) .

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
True; That is currently seen as a completely working flashcard. Perhaps; with further research and donations for their time ;) lol they may find a way to do that. Who knows; but what is known; is if this is released; it will encourage other developers of flashcards to take the hardware of this card and mod it to use for their own use and create a new flash card; or clones of it.

Well, if they can do that someday, they will need to have support for MicroSDXC, or trim the ROMs :unsure:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as i posted on page 21, the MicroSD's look like this once flashed to the correct format and with the rom
Can you please at least use some "should" "I think" or something? You try to pass everything you say as a fact, while you have no proof of what you say.

Which is utterly confusing for everyone.

Reactions: str8mjed

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope they port N64 & Gcube to 3DS so I can play gale of darkness,super mario sunshine,& various others to 3DS I can't wait to see what the 3DS mode can do :-) .

I wouldn't hold your breath... With the exception of Minecraft clones running rampant on the DS and PSP, even with those systems fully cracked wide open, there haven't been any good games (that use polygons) in the homebrew community. PS3 and Wii homebrews have been quite unimpressive too, nobody can ever utilize the systems to their full potential, even when it is wide open to develop for. I hold out little hope for the 3DS's homebrew apps, even after the system eventually gets hacked.

Reactions: Ziggy Zigzagoon

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Can you please at least use some "should" "I think" or something? You try to pass everything you say as a fact, while you have no proof of what you say.

Which is utterly confusing for everyone.

but it WILL look like that
due to the fact that is a real NCSD partition and .CCI contents of a 3DS game
Super Mario Bros 2 game for the matter of information

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't hold your breath... With the exception of Minecraft clones running rampant on the DS and PSP, even with those systems fully cracked wide open, there haven't been any good games (that use polygons) in the homebrew community. PS3 and Wii homebrews have been quite unimpressive too, nobody can ever utilize the systems to their full potential, even when it is wide open to develop for. I hold out little hope for the 3DS's homebrew apps, even after the system eventually gets hacked.

Do you think we will get a HBC like the Wii or any other custom channels ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True it's good eats like uremom
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    shows what you know nobody would ever say that about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yAawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    eez nuts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new prime X flavor and almost gagged in my mouth lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised, with your awesome gag reflexs you have B-)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well for being with your wife for so long I have self control
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Billie needs her lunch