Gateway 3DS basic questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pelloplasma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. pelloplasma
    OP

pelloplasma Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2015
    Cyprus
    Hello,

Bare with me regarding these questions. I've read a lot regarding the 3DS flashcard that actually play 3ds ROMS.
    Currently i own a DSTWO which is a bit outdated and thinking of upgrading to Sky3DS or Gateway 3DS.
    I'm leaning towards the Gateway but i have some questions that I need answers to first.

1. The Red Gateway is for 3DS and the Blue for DS?
    2. Can I also play DS games or even Gameboy games?
    3. I also heard about Sky3DS but I know that this does not support DS games at all. True?
    4. The Sky3DS also supports online gaming. Does Gateway support that too and how?
    5. If I have an upgraded 3DS 9.5 (as of now) can I downgrade it through Gateway?
    6. If the said system is 9.5 and there is a new Gateway update, can I update it from there or I need a 3DS with older version firmware?

If there is an older post that answers these questions please point it out. I searched but I got more confused in the process.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    If you're on 9.5 your only option is sky. No downgrading from 9.5. Sky emulates 3ds carts only, no DS. It acts as an actual cart would.

pelloplasma likes this.
  3. smoke14me61

smoke14me61 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2009
    United States

pelloplasma likes this.