Hacking Gateway 3DS basic questions

pelloplasma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello,

Bare with me regarding these questions. I've read a lot regarding the 3DS flashcard that actually play 3ds ROMS.
Currently i own a DSTWO which is a bit outdated and thinking of upgrading to Sky3DS or Gateway 3DS.
I'm leaning towards the Gateway but i have some questions that I need answers to first.

1. The Red Gateway is for 3DS and the Blue for DS?
2. Can I also play DS games or even Gameboy games?
3. I also heard about Sky3DS but I know that this does not support DS games at all. True?
4. The Sky3DS also supports online gaming. Does Gateway support that too and how?
5. If I have an upgraded 3DS 9.5 (as of now) can I downgrade it through Gateway?
6. If the said system is 9.5 and there is a new Gateway update, can I update it from there or I need a 3DS with older version firmware?

If there is an older post that answers these questions please point it out. I searched but I got more confused in the process.

Thanks in advanced.

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Bare with me regarding these questions. I've read a lot regarding the 3DS flashcard that actually play 3ds ROMS.
Currently i own a DSTWO which is a bit outdated and thinking of upgrading to Sky3DS or Gateway 3DS.
I'm leaning towards the Gateway but i have some questions that I need answers to first.

1. The Red Gateway is for 3DS and the Blue for DS? Red is for Gateway, Blue is for installing exploit and you can also play DS games with it. Stick with your DSTWO for DS games.
2. Can I also play DS games or even Gameboy games? Not on the Gateway unless the Gameboy games are roms.
3. I also heard about Sky3DS but I know that this does not support DS games at all. True? No just 3DS
4. The Sky3DS also supports online gaming. Does Gateway support that too and how? If you have the retail cart, in Classic Mode you can play online. I would recommend online=buy game=no worries
5. If I have an upgraded 3DS 9.5 (as of now) can I downgrade it through Gateway? No, 9.2 or below for Gateway
6. If the said system is 9.5 and there is a new Gateway update, can I update it from there or I need a 3DS with older version firmware? See above. Have to be able to run exploit to update Gateway.

Reactions: pelloplasma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: