Not open for further replies.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
LOL people slate gateway in a gateway thread and bad mouth it and nothing gets moderated yet i said once that gateway is better and i get singled out for 'trolling' .....bullshit.
There's no trolling or shitposting in this thread, just objective facts. Please point out where someone was trolling.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hypothesis about GW's A9LH implementation that would require one of the beta testers (preferably a hardmod user in case of complications) to verify.

Hypothesis: The only difference with GW's A9LH implementation is that it's coded to load Launcher.dat instead of arm9loaderhax.bin, otherwise the code should be relatively identical to that found in other A9LH forks. Occam's Razor would dictate that the easiest way* for them to add A9LH support would be to take an existing fork and change the name of the loaded file when booting.

How to test:

1. With non-GW A9LH fork installed, rename Launcher.dat to arm9loaderhax.bin and try to boot 3DS.

2. With GW A9LH fork installed, rename a known working arm9loaderhax.bin to Launcher.dat and try to boot 3DS.

*I know that simply releasing an arm9loaderhax.bin that loads Launcher.dat would be the truly easiest way, but we're talking about a company that engages in code obsfucation and brick code to protect themselves against cloning.
Doesn't work just tested.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've returned, and you crazy k'nooks managed to fill 14 pages! Anyways, from what I can see, day 1 of testing has been absolute hell :) However, I've realized that this is alpha testing for a reason, so keep snuffing out those bugs everyone! Anyways, I made my judgment a little too quickly, Gateway still has a chance. If they decide to not listen to their beta testers and the community, and not fix their shitty mistakes, then there will be many a reason to strengthen the flow of the Gatewait-Bait-Late Hate Wave. Till then, Gateway better:
-Fix their unreasonable brick rate
-Provide a solution for 8.1J users >finally<
-Provide a way for people who already have a9lh to use their payloads alongside yours
-FIX YOUR GODDAMNED SEGREGATION

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I've returned, and you crazy k'nooks managed to fill 14 pages! Anyways, from what I can see, day 1 of testing has been absolute hell :) However, I've realized that this is alpha testing for a reason, so keep snuffing out those bugs everyone! Anyways, I made my judgment a little too quickly, Gateway still has a chance. If they decide to not listen to their beta testers and the community, and not fix their shitty mistakes, then there will be many a reason to strengthen the flow of the Gatewait-Bait-Late Hate Wave. Till then, Gateway better:
-Provide a way for people who already have a9lh to use their payloads alongside yours
Provide a way to actually mod N3DS

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sucks is you can't even use the tried and true guide and then use gateways cfw. You have to play Russian roulette with a shitty installer and pray that it works. And then you can't use decrypt9 or anything else a9lh has to offer.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What sucks is you can't even use the tried and true guide and then use gateways cfw. You have to play Russian roulette with a shitty installer and pray that it works. And then you can't use decrypt9 or anything else a9lh has to offer.
Gateway loves to micromanage their software.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: xIce101x

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Ya I didn't think it would be this bad. The ground work was already there for them. I hope for the sake of gateway users they fix this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1