Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete Nintendo 3ds folder ........... great guide they got there

Yeah, they probably should have said to rename it, or just remove the card when booting. They'll probably correct that later. When their MSET downgrade guide came out, the official instructions had you doing it to EmuNAND, lol. I would never follow any guide blindly (especially a beta guide). Anyone that can't make rational alterations like that in real time shouldn't be attempting this. If someone wants follow a list without thinking, they should wait for a proper guide.

What I would advise, if anyone wants to test the leak, is to use PlaiSysUpdater and OTP Helper to get (back) to 2.1, then rename the "Nintendo 3DS" folder and run the installer. It's probably the safest way to try this, since the downgrader itself is apparently the reason for the delay.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Well 85% of the posts after the "Beta Wave" are Gateway bad this, Gateway bad that. Brick here, Brick there.
Calm your melons, it's a Beta. Ohhh its not perfect D: Even the cfw and current methods are not flawless.
Oh and for some of the Beta Tester flaming here. It#s sure is nice to get a few updates about the current development point.. but... instead of flaming.. report it to them with maybe a full instruction to reproduce it.

Gateway is not the flashcard made by gods to make everything better, but to help make it easyer for the customer. CFW aren't better then Gateway and Gateway is not better then CFW. So instead of flaming and spamming, how about some more informative posts? For example like the Post from @Mega-Mew

3b89ff05e15dedf44b3cf7edc982fe4841dc3f3c31cc51a68120fb27754595fb.jpg
How to reproduce brick: run their shit on n3ds. They forgot a key part of the process. That has nothing to do with a beta that is just pure negligence. Getting a9lh is nothing new so its not like they had to do a bunch of guess work.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
How to reproduce brick: run their shit on n3ds. They forgot a key part of the process. That has nothing to do with a beta that is just pure negligence. Getting a9lh is nothing new so its not like they had to do a bunch of guess work.
Working with a microcontroller. Same code as in a other project. F+ckt up input parsing, wrong voltage output / input, electronic part destroy. Wubs. Did it ones / saw it ones, still fucked something up. Good it wasn't my final build so i could replace the destroyed part. That's why you test things, do alphas, do betas. Things happens? Is that so hard to understand? D:

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the Time Machine is coded inside the boot.3dsx. It's a custom boot.3dsx data which only can launch the Time Machine app.
lol dang, the nerve of not giving access to Decrypt9... Anyway cool to know there's a .3dsx version.

Gonna head out now; To the leaker, thanks for giving me the opportunity to test out the alpha build!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working with a microcontroller. Same code as in a other project. F+ckt up input parsing, wrong voltage output / input, electronic part destroy. Wubs. Did it ones / saw it ones, still fucked something up. Good it wasn't my final build so i could replace the destroyed part. That's why you test things, do alphas, do betas. Things happens? Is that so hard to understand? D:
If this is the step I'm thinking of (the "unbricking" step), that's a rather critical thing to leave out while still advertising N3DS support. I don't see how this could have even passed any sort of preliminary QA. (That is, assuming there is any.)

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wont use that Alpha on my console, even the people say "its safe". I wont. But... What key part is missing?

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
If this is the step I'm thinking of (the "unbricking" step), that's a rather critical thing to leave out while still advertising N3DS support. I don't see how this could have even passed any sort of preliminary QA. (That is, assuming there is any.)
Yeah, this is a valid point. But for a piracy product i wouldn't be suprised if there is no qa. That's would be a reason for the Alpha / Beta test.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
They forgot to unbrick the 2.1 nand for n3ds....... that is known to brick and that it needs to be done. So negligence. It wasn't like there was an error in the code, they forgot a vital part. I understand what an alpha and beta is. Them forgetting this step has nothing to do with it being an alpha/beta as it should have been in the code from day 1.

Reactions: xIce101x

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
They forgot to unbrick the 2.1 nand for n3ds....... that is known to brick and that it needs to be done. So negligence. It wasn't like there was an error in the code, they forgot a vital part. I understand what an alpha and beta is. Them forgetting this step has nothing to do with it being an alpha/beta as it should have been in the code from day 1.
And they forgot it? And know? Every tester know on what they're getting into. It's no excuse sure, but since it's not a final realease... nothing to be angry about.

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone with a n3ds will brick using this installer? That's some oversight in their code.

Reactions: astronautlevel

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you can't even properly follow someone elses guide to make a tool like this, you kind of show how incompetent you are.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So anyone with a n3ds will brick using this installer? That's some oversight in their code.
yes, they literally forgot to add a way to unbrick 2.x for N3ds, resulting in a brick.

Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍