playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Probably Hawaiian ;P

this is a joke if you don't get it i don't blame you
I was going to make a Fiji joke, but unfortunately they're way in the future. :P
Going by the OP's timestamp, it would seem GW's deadline should be almost exactly 26 hours from now. Assuming they gave themselves a week, of course.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if they want to end with the stock and run away with the money but,for me,if GW team dissapears i would only want... (A little doubt...they can be... People from M3?)

1. DS games on GW OSD.
2. DSIWare/Gba enabled.
3. Safe A9LH installing and without maintenance.
4. In the case of the team didsapears,i wont like brickcodes,and i would like a basic funcionality without the card,like emuNAND+Sigpatches.
5. A sticker to print... Mine peeled off months ago..
6. Another card from this team.
I will wait for the update of tomorow... Waiting the update as GW user was a shame...

:

You're going to be disappointed.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know if they want to end with the stock and run away with the money but,for me,if GW team dissapears i would only want... (A little doubt...they can be... People from M3?)

1. DS games on GW OSD.
2. DSIWare/Gba enabled.
3. Safe A9LH installing and without maintenance.
4. In the case of the team didsapears,i wont like brickcodes,and i would like a basic funcionality without the card,like emuNAND+Sigpatches.
5. A sticker to print... Mine peeled off months ago..
6. Another card from this team.
I will wait for the update of tomorow... Waiting the update as GW user was a shame...

:
1. Pipe dream.
2. Maybe.
3. Likely.
4. Never.
5. ? Not likely. You might email the card seller. They could have a surplus since they have to stick them on manually.
6. Not likely. I don't see why they couldn't just reprogram the FPGA for sky3ds-like .3ds compatibility. (most likely 2 much werk - better just retire to Fiji :P)

Last edited by zoogie,

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is really nice, how would those with updated sysNAND only be able to use the GW booting with A9LH ?

for example i have no emuNAND and am running updated sysNAND with Luma CFW.

would the gw run like luma does ? and would the card still be required? (my gw red card is sleeping).
Doesn't make sense for the GW card to be needed to boot now. It would defeat the purpose of even supporting a9.

What they need to do is make the Red Card compatible regardless of your a9 setup. Which would require that they share some of the GW code with the CFW scene. Allowing the Red Card to work on all a9 systems without having to use a custom GW loaderhax.bin would make their card more marketable in the long run as a quick drag and drop device that people can use in conjunction with a9.

The cats already out of the bag, no point in hanging on to old methods. At this point they gotta just make GW a clean drag and drop flashcard with quick a9 setup routine to sell the rest of the units they have in warehouse and move to Monaco.

Last edited by KSP,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and the beta still has not arrived
Of course it has. Perhaps they didn't need to use you, or bugs were reported before they built yours. Perhaps they don't want to use people who are vocal about it... but there are definitely beta testers in twitterville...

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
They should just do an open beta tomorrow. Just say it's ONLY for hard mods and just for a week, and they'll be covered.
This is a better idea screwing around with a loyal but tiny beta team and not covering enough use cases. This will lead to a 'legit' release that's not tested properly and will backfire with bricks they're accountable for.

of course their entire ultra series is beta so theyre never accountable anyway :-p

Last edited by zoogie,

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jeah my english is bullshit, sorry :rofl:

Gateway was good. They first hacked the 3ds for piracy. They made the first good working cfw, made emunand and so on. But without some other guys, gateway wouldn't exist.
without Ichfly: No MSET, no Entrypoint
Without Smea: No 9.2 Exploit
Without Rei: No >10.3 emunand for n3ds users
Without TuxSH, Steveice etc: No memchunkhax, no downgrade

Thats the problem. Gateway is stealing the code without credits. They sell "innovations" as their "own work" but all they have to do is to read source codes and program (whitch takes 6 months at gateway.)
Almost forgot: And they love adding brick code, but they should hurry in the development. 6 Months for downgrade, SALT made it in under 5 days. But Salt is not better than gateway... But do you guys see the difference? 5 days vs 6 months, 1 week vs 24 weeks... Something isn't right there.

Last edited by einhuman197,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow .. GW haters have no life. I've rarely seen so much dedication in posting BS about a product or a team :P
The problem with Gateway, is that people paid for this product and still have to wait months for the same features that free users have been using the entire time. My 3DS is already running A9LH and my CFW's work just fine and I didn't pay a dine for this cutting-edge tech. Compared to people who paid upwards to 80$ for a product that they've had to wait months to see progress and now there seems to another delay.
I don't even on this cart and I am pissed off to not see a release already.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I tend to see from anyone that isn't actively using a gateway anymore is "Ohhh they are stealing others work", "already in FOSS", or "no innovation"

My question to all of you saying this stuff is, who cares? Honestly they are a pro-piracy company at the core. So in reality, they probably don't care about giving credits anyways. Its a shady business with shady practices. Get used to it.

You use FOSS? Great! Go enjoy it outside of this thread. This is for those who have gateways and still use them. Yeah it's behind FOSS, but not everyone cares as much as you.

Personally i still use a gateway due to the fact that's it's easier to swap SD's in it then the one in the N3DS. I can hot swap them without shutting down and that's good enough for me. Don't like that? There's plenty of open CFW's available.

Go enjoy what you want and stop bashing a company that doesn't care about credits or privacy. That's the state of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Well GW team might be from NA or SA.
@garyopa is Dominican hehe

Hey, I get mentioned, well to be fair I am really Canadian, just stuck living in this shithole of 3rd world country called Dominican Republic, its cheap and warm, but it has a alot of faults, takes alot of getting used to like the twice a day 5 hour power blackouts, all tho recently the power been on 24 hours for a week, because we just went thru a election so they want to be nice for a chance.

Anyhow, as for timezones, GW is all over the globe, but normally from the past updates end up getting posted on their website Sunday night after 4pm and before 9pm (looking at my eastern/atlantic timezone), failing that mondays are also a good update time, again normally after 4pm and before 9pm.

Personally, I see things taking a little longer with and short update tomorrow on the 22nd, with the beta testers getting the final watermarked packaged for testing not needing a hardmod, and then after that in few days the full public release.

EDIT:

Added a short video of pre-election crap outside my little corner store here in DR that my friend (also from canada) helps run for me, to give you something to GateWatch while you waiting on this long Memorial Day (US) or Victoria Day (Canada) weekend, the official early start of summer, where you should all be outside flying your drones instead of worrying about 3DS.

Last edited by garyopa,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem with Gateway, is that people paid for this product and still have to wait months for the same features that free users have been using the entire time. My 3DS is already running A9LH and my CFW's work just fine and I didn't pay a dine for this cutting-edge tech. Compared to people who paid upwards to 80$ for a product that they've had to wait months to see progress and now there seems to another delay.
I don't even on this cart and I am pissed off to not see a release already.

Maybe you should let GW users worry about that, rather than being upset on behalf of them, for a product you don't use? Just seems like yet another reason for people who are content with their cfw to bash GW. Besides GW users can always choose to switch if we like. We can always give up .3ds and GW cheat engine for cfw or even use both if we like, meanwhile you lot are stuck with .cia (oh wait, that's not a problem because you can install overnight or use ciangle or whatever other reason to downplay any advantage gw has).

It's not like GW hasn't been value up until the CFW matured.

I grabbed mine on release and since then it's gone from single roms, no emunand, no card 2. To the state it's in today, even if they dropped support today that's a good run and damn good value. For a huge portion of that, what were all the "gw sucks" guys doing, oh yeah, crying at the devs for not giving them cfw, until a leaked unstable cfw made it's apparance.

It's also a commercial flashcart. There's no guarantee of support. You buy based on what's available now. The cart being expensive doesn't change that. Just like every other flashcart, support will stop and will probably stop without any news. Nobody carried on like this for gba flashcarts, or how about the slot 2 ds carts (just as expensive as Gateway), that just stopped updating their clients and that was that. No one cried then, slot-1 cards took over, slot 2 died off. But GW are supposed to support their cart forever or be bashed by people content with cfw, so content they just can't stay out of gateway threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks