Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
can someone list or post a link on what the advantages are of using gateway as opposed to just using reinand cfw or other cfw out there?
.3ds games
Cheats
Easy switch from classic mode to emunand mode without needing to restart the device.

Reactions: acoll

gbatemplker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just checking. Sysnand on 9.0, GW emunand still 9.0. Have the MSET exploit installed to boot emunand from DS profile but NO other custom stuff/no CFW.
I want to update emunand to 10.3 like everyone else.

I made 3 fake network connections in sysnand, and one real one in emunand.
After backing up the emunand, can I just update by clicking the "system update" in the emunand system and all should be fine?
Will my installed CIAs be wiped out or anything or is this emunand update as simple as it sounds?
Thanks!

I am in a similar situation.. So how did you finally update your emunand ? Did you just update by clicking the "system update" in the emunand system ? Were all you installed cias wiped out ?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, can someone tell me all the advantages and disadvantages of being on GW CFW 9.0 and 10.3 (what does and what does not work on mentioned CFW versions)..... yeah, I know "pin badge to folder" is something exclusive for new firmwarwes, what else? Does save data filer, all CIA installers, etc work on latest 10.3 GW CFW?

BTW im gtting update nag on my GW CFW 9.0, how to remove the update or should I upgrade to 10.3?

Last edited by deSSy2724,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So, can someone tell me all the advantages and disadvantages of being on GW CFW 9.0 and 10.3 (what does and what does not work on mentioned CFW versions)..... yeah, I know "pin badge to folder" is something exclusive for new firmwarwes, what else? Does save data filer, all CIA installers, etc work on latest 10.3 GW CFW?

BTW im gtting update nag on my GW CFW 9.0, how to remove the update or should I upgrade to 10.3?
There's no disadvantage to being on 10.3 EmuNAND, everything works as it should.

The advantage is that upcoming games that require newer firmware versions will work.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you can't be absolutely certain until you can look at Gateway's code. No matter how likely it is, an assumption is still an assumption.

10.3 Emunand support required certain keys that weren't previously known. All that was required (And the only way to achieve support) was to figure out all of these keys, which the creator of Reinand did. Reisyukaku released all of his code, and days later Gateway added support.

Reactions: SirByte

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
10.3 Emunand support required certain keys that weren't previously known. All that was required (And the only way to achieve support) was to figure out all of these keys, which the creator of Reinand did. Reisyukaku released all of his code, and days later Gateway added support.
Indeed. Some people may see this as 'copying', but it's really little more than common sense - the keys are publically available now, so Gateway added them. People would only be moaning if they didn't.

Similarly, plenty of people are asking rxTools to add support too yet aren't interpreting that as 'copying'.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's no disadvantage to being on 10.3 EmuNAND, everything works as it should.

The advantage is that upcoming games that require newer firmware versions will work.
But gateway already has firmware spoof implemented and btw, does dumping/generating Xorpads work with 10.3 CFW? And GW is going to support the 10.3 sysnand firmware natively.

One more thing, how to use Pokebank 1.2 on 9.0 CFW firmware (I have no NNID) or is that only possible with the latest firmware?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Similarly, plenty of people are asking rxTools to add support too yet aren't interpreting that as 'copying'.
i for one will only touch rxtools's update unless they can prove that they discovered the keys and vulnerabilities by themselves themselves in a room without internet, without a 3ds, only a pen and paper. if their grandmother even thinks about the word "pastebin" i'll call them a copycat.
same with gw, i can't enjoy my free games unless i know they discovered the keys themselves.

(that said it would be nice if gw simply gave a little credit but anyway, just because they don't i'll still have fun when i play games)

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reinand did? I thought that Smea, yellows8 and the others did. They released exactly how in the 32c3 conference, and wow, a few weeks later GW released support for emuNand for N3DS 10.3. So they used the information that was publicly available to their advantage.

And those who say its "copying", no its open source. If the source code is publicly available, with the right license they can do as they wish provided that they abide by the licensing terms. If they Reverse-Engineers someones code and use against their will, then thats copying and stealing.

Last edited by :-infern:, , Reason: more text

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/N9my2YMne7M?si=_TD_FEoM-jb1yx7s ll killed a m&m