Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

D

Deleted User

Is anyone getting this when doing ram searches with anything other than exact searches?
IMG_2250.png

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because I'm using the same card with the same format
I can do search for signed numbers, but can't do any search for unsigned numbers.

very strange... i use it to cheat on badge arcade center for example

every time i search 32bits unsigned... and works every time

i'm working right now, as soon i can get in home i make a video if you want to

in the worst scenario, i can be confusing about the micro sd format..... i'll check soon as possible

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
very strange... i use it to cheat on badge arcade center for example

every time i search 32bits unsigned... and works every time

i'm working right now, as soon i can get in home i make a video if you want to

in the worst scenario, i can be confusing about the micro sd format..... i'll check soon as possible
Ops, I meant i can only search for exact value, not signed or unsigned

OqRIspx.jpg

All this options below can't use them, it's show me error when I try to use them.

And why are you searching for 32 bit in badge arcade?

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

OqRIspx.jpg

All this options below can't use them, it's show me error when I try to use them.

ooowww.... maybe its that!!!!! sorry... really sorry

the reason i use 32bits its because, the first time i saw the gateway video about in game menu, they using 32bits.... so i use since then, not special reason

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone getting this when doing ram searches with anything other than exact searches?

Yes, the cheat engine has a lot of issues when it comes to dumping and saving cheats.
I hope they fix those or at least know about those bugs, because there seem to be some people who don't have these kinda problems and no one knows exactly whats causing them :(

Reactions: Deleted User

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
ooowww.... maybe its that!!!!! sorry... really sorry

the reason i use 32bits its because, the first time i saw the gateway video about in game menu, they using 32bits.... so i use since then, not special reason

It can be a 32bit integer, despite the game only showing a max value of 99 (0x63). Searching for a 32bit integer will reduce the total number of hits the cheat engine has to search through. Using an 8 or 16bit search will still find the correct memory location, it will just take longer.

Also note that if you do a 32 bit search on an 8bit number, then you may well miss results. Some games might store inventory items consecutively, eg: 01 04 06 08, which might correspond to 1 small health kit, 4 large health kits, 6 bombs and 8 cure poison vials (making all that up). If you do a 32 bit search, you won't find what you're looking for, as the search is trying to find (for example you're looking for those 6 bombs) 00 00 00 06, which won't match the value stored above.

I hope that helps clear some things up.

Reactions: aos10 and trigao

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

the badge value is actually 32bits, there are less 32bit values compare to 8bit, searches should be faster

Reactions: aos10

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so i guess I'm out of the loop since I never updated the emunand on my N3ds since making the default one when making it the first time.

So we CANT update emunand to 10.3 using the old System icon/"system update" anymore?
So now we have to use this 3dsnus program to rip the update files, and then install it as a CIA file in devmenu?

What happens if one tries to update the old way? Just fails or brick? Anything else I need to do to make sure my current cias stay installed on my emunand side?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
OK, so i guess I'm out of the loop since I never updated the emunand on my N3ds since making the default one when making it the first time.

So we CANT update emunand to 10.3 using the old System icon/"system update" anymore?
So now we have to use this 3dsnus program to rip the update files, and then install it as a CIA file in devmenu?

What happens if one tries to update the old way? Just fails or brick? Anything else I need to do to make sure my current cias stay installed on my emunand side?
you can update both ways.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions about Gateway...
My SysNAND is on 9.0 and my Gateway EmuNAND is on 10.3. I plan on getting "Mario & Luigi Paper Jam" on this Friday. I also have a Datel Powersaves device and want to use their cheats/codes once available for the game, then transfer save from retail cart to Gateway... Can this be done? I was talking to someone else on here and he said that GW modes can be changed on the fly. How would I go about doing all this if possible?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have some questions about Gateway...
My SysNAND is on 9.0 and my Gateway EmuNAND is on 10.3. I plan on getting "Mario & Luigi Paper Jam" on this Friday. I also have a Datel Powersaves device and want to use their cheats/codes once available for the game, then transfer save from retail cart to Gateway... Can this be done? I was talking to someone else on here and he said that GW modes can be changed on the fly. How would I go about doing all this if possible?
If you installed the game as CIA, then yes
If you did it as .3DS then I think you can't, because save file will be as .save

I think there is a method somewhere here but it's not easy.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know, maybe you are getting confused about the downgrades. don't worry about it.

Everything went fine, thanks! Got new YouTube and 2 other demos I don't need, so I deleted them. Cia and GW card working as expected.
Does this mean the older crypto titles won't need cryptofixes, or that's still required?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know, maybe you are getting confused about the downgrades. don't worry about it.

Everything went fine, thanks! Got new YouTube and 2 other demos I don't need, so I deleted them. Cia and GW card working as expected.
Does this mean the older crypto titles won't need cryptofixes, or that's still required?

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i think i saw someone say that (say that we don't need to worry about cryptofixes now) so, i think so yes :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.