Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Of course it does.

It does not give you the legal right. The ethical one, I'd say it probably does.

Sure, they deliver, but only when the keys are just straight up given to them..
If they took it from NTR, it says right on the license that that's ok. I mean, I don't think they're respect the GPL or anything, but the license says take it.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Was on N3DS GW emuNAND 9.5 autoboots using menuhax (whenever I boot to emuNAND was nagging to update once a day since version 10.1 was released, with updated eShop tiger and nver)
Just had to replace Launcher.dat file and connected to WiFi to update from system settings, however instead of downloading anything it just took few seconds to install the update and rebooted.
It booted fine with the new custom feature notification, I went straight to settings and saw running on GW3D 10.3. Still tried to run an update but after checking it said it is updated to latest version.

Seems like although it was nagging since 10.1 but it had the latest version still downloaded in the background anyway whenever it got released. Nothing seems broken or requires any changes to be made (autoboot setup and stuff works), only repalced Launcher.dat file.

Now here is my problem, if someone can explain what I doing wrong as I was using 3.4 Launcher.dat previously and I went straight to 3.7 Launcher.dat:
1) I have put some gameshark cheat textfiles into GW red card microSD. But when I try to load cheat within the game (launch the cheat menu and select Configure Cheats) it says Could not load cheats (I have exact same title id cheat text file though).
2) NTR CIA doesn't work anymore (error comes up saying something about unknown kernel version, it was working fine in GW 9.5). Is there any new version that got released that could fix this or I have to make some changes for it to work?

Thanks GW!

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: cvskid
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Was on N3DS GW emuNAND 9.5 autoboots using menuhax (whenever I boot to emuNAND was nagging to update once a day since version 10.1 was released, with updated eShop tiger and nver)
Just had to replace Launcher.dat file and connected to WiFi to update from system settings, however instead of downloading anything it just took few seconds to install the update and rebooted.
It booted fine with the new custom feature notification, I went straight to settings and saw running on GW3D 10.3. Still tried to run an update but after checking it said it is updated to latest version.

Seems like although it was nagging since 10.1 but it had the latest version still downloaded in the background anyway whenever it got released. Nothing seems broken or requires any changes to be made (autoboot setup and stuff works), only repalced Launcher.dat file.

Now here is my problem, if someone can explain what I doing wrong as I was using 3.4 Launcher.dat previously and I went straight to 3.7 Launcher.dat:
1) I have put some gameshark cheat textfiles into GW red card microSD. But when I try to load cheat within the game (launch the cheat menu and select Configure Cheats) it says Could not load cheats (I have exact same title id cheat text file though).
2) NTR CIA doesn't work anymore (error comes up saying something about unknown kernel version, it was working fine in GW 9.5). Is there any new version that got released that could fix this or I have to make some changes for it to work?

Thanks GW!
There's a new version of the NTR .CIA you need to install. Even then it might not work as it relies on offsets particular to a certain firmware and 10.3 on n3DS is a seperate animal.

As for cheats, you are putting them in a folder called "cheats" on your Red card's microSD right? Had someone else get confused and put it on the main SD card instead.

Last edited by Monty Kensicle,
Reactions: Just3DS

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a new version of the NTR .CIA you need to install. Even then it might not work as it relies on offsets particular to a certain firmware and 10.3 on n3DS is a seperate animal.

As for cheats, you are putting them in a folder called "cheats" on your Red card's microSD right? Had someone else get confused and put it on the main SD card instead.
Thanks for the response, I just found out the latest build of BootNTR CIA that supports N3DS 9.6 upto 10.2 (well it checks the kernel version which got changed in 10.2 so I guess it may work)
But there are two builds, one is named BootNTR.cia and another named BootNTR-Mode3.cia... I will try with BootNTR.cia first and see.

And for cheats, again thanks for response, I was putting them in root of microSD of GW red cart, I will try create cheats folder and put them there to see if it works.

EDIT: Yep, BootNTR 2.4 CIA boots and works fine in games but if that is booted then now FMP is broken (it boots to blank screen, but can exit to home screen by pressing MENU), well there is no more use of FMP (for now).
And the cheat menu works fine after putting cheat textfiles in cheats folder like you mentioned. Thanks!
EDIT2: Just a side note, if you enable GW in game menu then the NTR menu won't work (seems like GW is using some part of NTR code). That means I cannot use NTR plugins (like change cpu clock) if I want to use GW cheat menu lol

Last edited by Just3DS,
Reactions: cvskid

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
when will we get unsigned fucking cia support, i just wanna play FE:fates translated dlc but gateway emunand is the only one that cucks ya

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
what about installing it with something else, would it then play with gw?
i dunno about that bit iv herd if you dual boot cfw with gateway emunand it works.
its just fuck man we pay x about of money for the card and it has limitations that the free cfw do not.
i hope now that they took all that time to coppie the 10.3 keys i hope we get more support for stuff like the issue i brought up

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i dunno about that bit iv herd if you dual boot cfw with gateway emunand it works.
its just fuck man we pay x about of money for the card and it has limitations that the free cfw do not.
i hope now that they took all that time to coppie the 10.3 keys i hope we get more support for stuff like the issue i brought up
sure, custom theme cias too would be nice :)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaahh...so that explains why the cia I installed of final fantasy didn't translate, because GW doesn't suppose shit like that. makes sense, oh well I have plenty of other games to play.

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
aaahh...so that explains why the cia I installed of final fantasy didn't translate, because GW doesn't suppose shit like that. makes sense, oh well I have plenty of other games to play.
you and the other bloke should send em an email, you paid for there service so they should know that you cant use there card the way others can use there free cfw emunand

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to switch to 3.4.1 where it did work to use it then switch back to 3.7 once it is all set up.
You can't, GW launcher.dat 3.4.1 or even 3.6.0 won't load emunand 10.3 on N3DS (black screen).

In other words if you're on N3DS with 10.3 emunand, SaveDataFiler is broken and there's nothing that can be done about it. fuck.

Starting with Launcher.dat 3.6.1 and newer, SaveDataFiler isn't able to import save to CTR (ie: it won't create the 000400000FF40A00.sav). The remedy is to use 3.6.0, but on N3DS with 10.3 emunand, 3.6.0 isn't able to load emunand!

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
temp solution: use 3.4.2 launcher and boot to sysnand gw mode, mount game and inject save to gw ctr there. (utilize ctrx to simplify .sav renaming)

it sucks.

cid xiv

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? I'm happy with the ease of use. All I want to do was play 3ds games.
so your happy to pay for a product that cant do as much as the free alternative?
i to got the gateway for the ease (not having to open up the n3ds every time i change games) but it shouldnt mean they can be lazy about there coding

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so your happy to pay for a product that cant do as much as the free alternative?
i to got the gateway for the ease (not having to open up the n3ds every time i change games) but it shouldnt mean they can be lazy about there coding
can't do as much? well, that is just a small thing, but yes a disadvantage compared to some free cfws.
but it doesn't mean gw is worse in every way lol

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't "a few weeks after 32c3 GW released it", it's "a few days after Reisyukaku released it, GW copied it". It's fine that they did (Would be strange if they hadn't), but there's no reason to give them credit.

I understand however firstly until someone has reverse engineered the code and proven that they used Reisyukaku's code then we can't go pointing fingers. Secondly, this is the internet code re-use, whether its within a license terms or not, happens and in many cases is sold on for profit. Once can also say they are working smarter, not harder. But that still sucks, but then again that's life, it happens. All we can do is prove it and then let word get out so others are aware. I'm not defending either side. Just stating the obvious.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm happy with the progress they made in providing card base support on the 9.2 sysnand. I'm happy that I don't have to jump through hoops to play a game. I'm happy that cheat codes are now functional, still work in progress but it works. I'm happy to have paid for 1 CARD and not have to worry about installing a SHIT TON of CIA'S, WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH INSTALLING, PLAY A LITTLE BIT ONLY TO FIND OUT IT WAS AN OK GAME OR WASN'T WORTH PLAYING AND i JUST WASTED CLOSE TO AN HR TO INSTALL BECAUSE i BOUGHT A SHITTY MICRO SD CARD OR COMPLAIN ABOUT THE 2GB SIZE OF THE STOCK MICRO SD CARD THAT CAN'T HOLD MUCH GAMES AND NOW I CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER MICRO SD BECAUSE ALL MY MONEY WENT INTO THE CONSOLE AND BECAUSE MY GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO BE DICKS TO THERE OWN PEOPLE

PERIOD ". "

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can't do as much? well, that is just a small thing, but yes a disadvantage compared to some free cfws.
but it doesn't mean gw is worse in every way lol

shhh.....let them speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw