Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Deleted member 354686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some suggestions for the borders:
  • It'd be really cool if the custom borders could be scaled to aspect ratio to fill most of the screen.
  • It'd also be neat if the borders could create a pseudo-3D effect in 3D mode, like some of the 3D Classics and 3DS Virtual Console. What I'm talking about is the the image inside the border would be "pushed in" when 3D is turned on.
  • And of course, SGB border support. Bonus points if the border could be "probed" so you can play in GBC mode with the border, like in Pokémon Stadium 2's Game Boy Tower and the BGB PC emulator.

Reactions: nxwing

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some suggestions for the borders:
  • It'd be really cool if the custom borders could be scaled to aspect ratio to fill most of the screen.
  • It'd also be neat if the borders could create a pseudo-3D effect in 3D mode, like some of the 3D Classics and 3DS Virtual Console. What I'm talking about is the the image inside the border would be "pushed in" when 3D is turned on.
  • And of course, SGB border support. Bonus points if the border could be "probed" so you can play in GBC mode with the border, like in Pokémon Stadium 2's Game Boy Tower and the BGB PC emulator.
Now this makes a lot more sense in this thread. :grog:

1: The borders can be scaled and do fill the screen.
2: That could be neat. I think it would depend on what kind of resources it would require, though. If it's a big performance hit, it might be best for work to be put elsewhere.
3: Yeah, unfortunately the 3DS version is much less mature than the DS version. I'm sure it's planned, though.

Not to undermine SteveIce's work, but the DS version is far more complete and polished. SteveIce is at the disadvantage of developing for a relatively new closed platform. So the libraries are still being developed and the documentation lacking. SteveIce has done some impressive work so far, so I'd just be patient and help out where possible.

neumaennl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I tried coz I wanted to add SGB border support. No dice. It has the same black menu problem. Right now I can't even compile it at all because citrus (the library GameYob depends on) doesn't compile for me.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, so it isn't just me, not being able to get it to run? *hax 2.5 here on 10.3 with GameYob 1.0.7, black screen on startup. :(

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt it as we already have a 3DS camera. But I agree it would be really cool to be able to play that again.

Remember the printer?
F*ck yes!!!
I know that 3DS alreally has a better camera app, but would be really great revive the GB Camera on 3DS :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here, emulating GB Camera on PC with WebCam

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MushGuy, @Silver7,

What system, what version, which hax entry point?

Did you actually use 1.0.6?

Are you using the latest hax release? Update your hax just to be sure.

Does the menu show up?

Nobody can help you troubleshoot if all you do is say it doesn't work.

Details people, DETAILS!!!!

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried gameyob 1.0.6 and it doesn't work for me, it freezes on a black screen
My system is the Original 3DS XL
I'm on the latest FW: 10.3 using OOThax

eddiesluu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, i just download the latest payload from Smea site. I know this is a really noob question, but how exactly do i update payload?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually, scratch that. I got it working now. Turns out I had to update payload, thanks @TecXero

Silver7

Trophies
XP
Country
@MushGuy, @Silver7,

What system, what version, which hax entry point?

Did you actually use 1.0.6?

Are you using the latest hax release? Update your hax just to be sure.

Does the menu show up?

Nobody can help you troubleshoot if all you do is say it doesn't work.

Details people, DETAILS!!!!

System: Original 3DS XL, running on 9.2.0-20E.
Version: 1.0.6
Hax entry port/release: ?
Does the menu show up?: For GameYob, not at all. For blargSNES it does, but when running most ROMs the system crashes.

I don't have a clue about programming, let alone the specific lingo derived from it. I know there are real pros in here, but that's not my case. Please bear with me!

I looked for the new "payload" but couldn't find any on smealum's site. Also, how do you update it?

Thanks guys.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so version 1.0.5 works fine works fine minus a little crackling in the audio. Version 1.0.6 shows a line going diagonally from one corner to the next that makes the corner black and flickers and 1.0.7 just gives a black screen on both top and bottom screens but you can normally just press the B button to back out of the emulator. Its weird and both 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 show the yellow menus on the bottom screens but 1.0.7 doesn't show diddly squat lol :( not sure why?

I my self am running Ninjhax 2.5 on my o3ds running firmware 10.3.28U

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System: Original 3DS XL, running on 9.2.0-20E.
Version: 1.0.6
Hax entry port/release: ?
Does the menu show up?: For GameYob, not at all. For blargSNES it does, but when running most ROMs the system crashes.

I don't have a clue about programming, let alone the specific lingo derived from it. I know there are real pros in here, but that's not my case. Please bear with me!

I looked for the new "payload" but couldn't find any on smealum's site. Also, how do you update it?

Thanks guys.
Ok. The *hax entrypoint is how you launch the *hax. Be it themehax or OoThax or Ironhax.

And as for any issues with 1.0.6, I have no idea. It is the one I use and it works. 1.0.7 technically works but the menu does not show up and you have to launch games by memory. There has been a few revisions to the ctrlib (iirc) and gameyob is now technically out of date... I myself would like to see it recompiled with the new items. It is times like these that I wish I could code, even if just a little.

Also if you are trying to update the payload just reinstall whatever hax you have. It "should" update your entry to the latest release

Last edited by Xenosaiga, , Reason: reasons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system