Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this still being Updated? Can I use the Boarders from the DS Release? Works perfectly so far based on the Version I have. Dont know if it is the latest. Got it from here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GameYob_3DS
Seems like a lot of the Homebrew that was being Developed has stopped. Some as far back as 5 Months ago.

Yeah i can't really understand the reasons behind this, some cool stuffs are still being made though, like the SunShell project but I'd like to see emu development coming back because it's pretty dead atm...

Reactions: cvskid

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seems like a lot of the Homebrew that was being Developed has stopped. Some as far back as 5 Months ago.

Yeah, that's the homebrew scene for you.
Developers work for free.
Pretty much all projects are made simply as proof of concept and then some get a bit polished while others are immediatly forgotten as the developers move on to more interesting (or profitable) personal projects.

If it wasn't for Gateway's continuous advancements we'd probably not have even this right now.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think I bit off more than I could chew when I started porting this to the 3ds. I spent quite a lot of time on the DS version, and I started losing interest when it got to the point where I was just reimplementing features that the DS version was already doing perfectly fine. Basically gameyob 3ds started to feel redundant to me, which is why I stopped updating it.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one is the latest Build: the Link on Page 17 Post 326 Dated 18 Feb or the one on the GBATemp Wiki?
I tried the first one, but that locked up the N3DS. Had to do a hard Shutdown. From the Wiki, that works great. Just wish I could get a Border around it and/or increase the Size of the Video

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah i can't really understand the reasons behind this, some cool stuffs are still being made though, like the SunShell project but I'd like to see emu development coming back because it's pretty dead atm...

There's no much things still needed actually, it's working pretty great if you tried it (all the games I tried worked without any problems). The only last big feature missing being the scaling, to be able to play with a bigger screen.

The bad side of it is that it's not really confortable to play on such a tiny screen on a 3DS XL, or a N3DS :/ (though I didn't tried it on a N3DS yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work)

(To be more precise, there is already a scaling function but it's a software one so it cause slowdown in games).

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah to me the only thing that is really lacking for this emu to be good is scaling, the rest is pretty decent to me :)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think the lack of scaling would be less noticable if borders were supported. This is my preference with the DS version because scaling adds some artifacts to text.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Scaling with good ratio shouldn't add any artifacts if it's done correctly (and there is always the option to not use it).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Steveice10 added scaling, but sadly, due to the lack of hardware rendering it makes most games unplayably slow.

Yeah, we know, we were talking about a hardware scaling, which wouldn't slowdown games.

I'm currently working on figuring out hardware rendering in my Nestopia port. If everything works out, I should be able to use it in GameYob for faster scaling.

Nice.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has anyone tried to play hacked gb games on this? tried testing the Pokémon Red - Proud Eyes edition V4.0 and it keeps locking up at the start screen. any ideas?
Well I have played Metroid II DX and Super Mario Land 1 & 2 DX in Gameyob DS and they work flawlessly.
Although I don't know if the 3DS version works for those.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modified SFA and it worked with no problems. By Modded, I mean added a few Cheat Codes so they run automatically via GameGenieGuy Rom Patcher. Ran a few other Games that have the same modifications and they worked great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls