Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So does this mean we can trade Pokemon between Gold, Silver, and Crystal from the non-VC versions of Red, Blue, and Yellow?

You may as well be asking if it's possible to trade Pokemon from Red, Blue and Yellow to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald; it doesn't work because of fundamental differences in coding and transfer speeds.

Jair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Not sure if you're still working on this, but would it be possible to get the Wireless Link Cable as in the NDS version of GameYob? And possibly (probably not) make it work with the original GameYob?
Would be great to see Cable Link included in the 3DS version.

Reactions: zfreeman

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Kirby: Tilt 'n Tumble work yet?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You may as well be asking if it's possible to trade Pokemon from Red, Blue and Yellow to Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald; it doesn't work because of fundamental differences in coding and transfer speeds.
I already knew that, back when Ruby and Sapphire came out. It was impossible to trade Pokemon from R&S to R/B/Y or G/S/C. So they made remakes of Red & Blue, called FireRed and LeafGreen to overcome this issue.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does Kirby: Tilt 'n Tumble work yet?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already knew that, back when Ruby and Sapphire came out. It was impossible to trade Pokemon from R&S to R/B/Y or G/S/C. So they made remakes of Red & Blue, called FireRed and LeafGreen to overcome this issue.

In all seriousness though, the point I was making is that VC and Gameyob are two different coded apps. Even if Gameyob had wireless trading features I doubt they would function at all with the Pokemon RBY VC wireless trading unless it was specifically designed to be compatible.

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Can someone compile the new version on github ??
Please :yay3ds:

The github version fix sound
and add controls for kirby til´n tumble for example

Yeah I also asked for such thing two posts back haha.
I'd love to get a CIA build made out of the latest commit in GitHub, please!

here u r

Attachments

• GameYob.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 474

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me any good emulators on the New 3DS than run like official Virtual Console games? You can't install CIAs on 11.0 but I'd love to have a SNES or GBA emulator that runs some games like they were Virtual Consoles games, officially added by Nintendo themselves. I really hope Nintendo does add GBA support to N3DS and you only have to pay like $1 to upgrade the Ambassador games, if you transferred them over from another 3DS.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me any good emulators on the New 3DS than run like official Virtual Console games? You can't install CIAs on 11.0 but I'd love to have a SNES or GBA emulator that runs some games like they were Virtual Consoles games, officially added by Nintendo themselves. I really hope Nintendo does add GBA support to N3DS and you only have to pay like $1 to upgrade the Ambassador games, if you transferred them over from another 3DS.
GBA VC will never be available on 3ds to buy from eshop so hack your 3ds and downgrade it

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill