Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a working version of Gameyob please? I downloaded it in the OP and everytime I try to launch it with the Ninjhax, I always have this message "an error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart"

I don't have this issue with BlagrSnes, and I tried to reinstall the exploit and still the same problem.

A help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

The one op posted works fine use the .3dsx version and path it like this with the same folder name http://imgur.com/sOJggoE,Ecpf75N#1
http://imgur.com/sOJggoE,Ecpf75N#0

Aardvark Barber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBC emulation of GB games (i.e. what you were talking about changing the colors) is available in the DS version of gameyob, so it should be here at some point.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, after some trying here are my thoughts: it's really nice already but (there's always one coming) it would be nice if the circlepad could be used and the screen size, well, it's pretty small. :P

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So does the .cia-Version here have sound or is this a future-feature? thanks for reply

The CIA has working sound. I just ran the Mental Respirator demo on it and its glorious music played just fine (with minor slowdowns and a few pops from said slowdowns).

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I see a bunch of feature requests and stuff, most of them are things on my TODO list.

To clarify, sound is supported in the 3dsx build, the only current case where it won't work is if you're using the .3ds file for gateway. There are a lot of issues with sound at the moment, though.

Scaling is a planned feature and fairly high-priority.

Things like using the circle pad (it was supposed to be working but I messed it up), palette changing and GBC bios support are planned features.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Scaling is a planned feature and fairly high-priority.

Things like using the circle pad (it was supposed to be working but I messed it up), palette changing and GBC bios support are planned features.

yay for CPP and scaling. Palette changing and GBC bios are welcome too. Thanks a lot. This will be even better than the DS version.

EDIT: Do you mean the second analog on new 3ds or the CPP accessory for old 3ds? or simply the first analog?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphical artifacts similar to the following one in an older 3dspaint are a lot more apparent in the .3dsx version than the .cia version:
a791679859736eec8c4919715211e5f2.jpg

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Graphical artifacts similar to the following one in an older 3dspaint are a lot more apparent in the .3dsx version than the .cia version:
a791679859736eec8c4919715211e5f2.jpg

Can I assume that's just a temporary thing noticeable during screen transitions? I've seen it a bit but nothing quite that bad.
yay for CPP and scaling. Palette changing and GBC bios are welcome too. Thanks a lot. This will be even better than the DS version.

EDIT: Do you mean the second analog on new 3ds or the CPP accessory for old 3ds? or simply the first analog?

Was talking about the built-in circle pad, not sure what you'd use the other ones for.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's mostly during transitions, but sometimes it appears like a screen tearing/vsync line (seen in Battletoads). It's very noticeable in my favorite BADAPPLE.GBC test ROM since everything is moving quickly. In the 3dsx version's file menu when the screen refreshes, there's a diagonal screen tear where the upper half flashes noticeably, while the lower half doesn't. Again, it's more noticeable in the 3dsx version. It's even less noticeable in the 3ds version than the cia version, which is odd (3ds is v0.5-59-g8f49, cia is v0.5-76-ge9dc, 3dsx is v0.5-77-ga080)

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Was talking about the built-in circle pad, not sure what you'd use the other ones for.

Maybe to have something similar to Lynx "left-handed mode"?
And I've tested the 3DSX release, worked nice with the pokemon games :D I'm really hoping that you can successfully port the functions from the DS release to CIA and 3DSX formats.

vinnyboiler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ZbTrvx8.png

Hi, I've made a quick little border for your emulator and have been having troubles actually using it. Currently I've been saving it as an 24 bit .BMP file at 400 x 240 resolution and placing at both the root of the SD card and in the same folder as the .3DSX file. When I launch the game though and try and select border in the [Display] submenu, not happens.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Reactions: signz

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's mostly during transitions, but sometimes it appears like a screen tearing/vsync line (seen in Battletoads). It's very noticeable in my favorite BADAPPLE.GBC test ROM since everything is moving quickly. In the 3dsx version's file menu when the screen refreshes, there's a diagonal screen tear where the upper half flashes noticeably, while the lower half doesn't. Again, it's more noticeable in the 3dsx version. It's even less noticeable in the 3ds version than the cia version, which is odd (3ds is v0.5-59-g8f49, cia is v0.5-76-ge9dc, 3dsx is v0.5-77-ga080)

I'm getting this issue too in the 3dsx version, for example it's extremely noticeable on the map in Kirby's Dream Land 2 when you move between worlds. It looks like someone poured water over the screen briefly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks