Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to directly return to the homebrew launcher or has that not been implemented?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this have a cheat engine? Or if not, could one be developed? Because it's kind of annoying to run back and forth between the computer and 3ds.

There is, but it's only functional once you've provided a .cht file. See the first post in the GameYob DS thread for more info on that.
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a way to directly return to the homebrew launcher or has that not been implemented?

There's a "quit to launcher" option in the menu after opening a rom.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a "quit to launcher" option in the menu after opening a rom.

Interesting, I don't see that option. Is it supposed to be under the [ROM] section of the menu?

pRnqy7Y.jpg

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, I don't see that option. Is it supposed to be under the [ROM] section of the menu?

pRnqy7Y.jpg

Yeah, it must be a slightly older revision. I thought the build in the homebrew launcher archive included that, but perhaps not. (I did roll back to an earlier revision until my toolchain is fixed)

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it must be a slightly older revision. I thought the build in the homebrew launcher archive included that, but perhaps not. (I did roll back to an earlier revision until my toolchain is fixed)

I'll give it a shot. The one I downloaded originally did not have the .smdh file.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick.

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i think this is my first post on GBATEMP XD
First of all i want to thank you a lot for your hard work, I really love it and is my primary NinjaHax use :P
BTW, i noticed bugs with "Link Awakening Dx" (text is not properly placed, i will provide screenshoot if needed), "Pokémon Pinball" Crashes and Glitches after around 30s of game, there is also a "strange" effect, something like a refresh rate when i jump on "Shantae", there is also in others games, but is less noticeable.
Thanks again!

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm not entirely sure if it's a known issue with the 3dsx version, or if it's a limitation of Ninjhax (I haven't seen it in other applications so far), but it seems that closing the 3DS doesn't pause the game, and when you open the system again, it's further along then when you put it to sleep (Eg, start some kind of rail shooter, then close it. You'll probably have a Game Over when you open it again).

Plombo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Drenn, what devkitARM/ctrulib versions did you end up using to avoid the white screen+crash issue? That problem is appearing for me when I compile GameYob from source, and similar crashes happen for anything that uses audio. I've tried using different ctrulib revisions to no avail, and can't try any dKA version other than release 43 since the patch to add 3DS support to devkitARM release 42 seems to have disappeared from the Internet recently.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Drenn, what devkitARM/ctrulib versions did you end up using to avoid the white screen+crash issue? That problem is appearing for me when I compile GameYob from source, and similar crashes happen for anything that uses audio. I've tried using different ctrulib revisions to no avail, and can't try any dKA version other than release 43 since the patch to add 3DS support to devkitARM release 42 seems to have disappeared from the Internet recently.

The cia version Drenn uploaded also gives me nothing but white screen crashes whenever a load a rom.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It occurred with an update to ctrulib. Not sure yet what the exact cause is. I'll update the source when I sort it out.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I'm not entirely sure if it's a known issue with the 3dsx version, or if it's a limitation of Ninjhax (I haven't seen it in other applications so far), but it seems that closing the 3DS doesn't pause the game, and when you open the system again, it's further along then when you put it to sleep (Eg, start some kind of rail shooter, then close it. You'll probably have a Game Over when you open it again).
A limitation of ninjhax.

This stuff is controlled by APT. When you call APT_Initialize(), it gives you handles that you can use to sense when the lid is closed, among other things. But in the context of ninjhax, APT was already initialized and the handles are lost. So you can guess how this shit goes. Without some black magic to somehow get the handles back or reinit APT, that shit won't work.

The crash issue seems related to a new gcc version.

I have GCC 4.8.2 and things work fine. Someone who got the crash has 4.9.2 or so. Drenn, which one are you using?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah... Went back to ctrulib's commit b0c29ba6586e7b09d840f8b9089b550da03aaee7 and it runs fine

either they broke it or they changed something that exposed an error in Drenn's code.

Attachments

• gameyob_cia.rar
    289.7 KB · Views: 163

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one