Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is Gameyob better or Retroarch? (O3DS)

Gambatte (the RetroArch core) doesn't have nice options for borders or other Super GB things, and you'll probably see some slowdowns in games (on O3DS, N3DS runs it full speed) that are GBC-heavy, like MGS: Ghost Babel, or Shantae. It has much better sound (in my opinion) and fewer/no graphical glitches, though. If you don't need the borders, and don't plan on playing MGS or Shantae, it doesn't hurt to give Gambatte a try at least.

Last edited by daxtsu,

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought only a few ROMs on GameYob have graphical problems, is that true? All the Pokemon games run fine w/o any graphical or sound glitches, however the .cia files have issues when injected into VC games, like Pokemon Yellow has Pikachu's cry being muted by static and G/S/C has wild Pokemon twitching for a split second by showing up at both the top and bottom of the screen when you go into battle with them when the screen scrolls the Pokemon sprite to the right. I have a lot of GB/GBC injected .cia files but I deleted the Pokemon ones since they had some pretty annoying issues. (R/B is in black and white/green instead of red or blue, and like I said with Yellow, it has the muted Pikachu cry and G/S/C has the Pokemon sprites twitching and showing up at the top and bottom of the screen when the sprites scroll to the right) you're just better off playing GB/GBC ROMs on GameYob instead of as .cia files since they're smaller in size (.cia files are like 50-60MB) and they don't require 9.2 or lower to run. But the GBA ones do benefit from being injected since they run at full speed with no issues whatsoever but you don't get save states/restore points, however I can't get them to run since I get a black screen with an error message on the bottom 3DS screen. I need to patch some file called AGB firm.

Last edited by 03bgood,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't work on Hax 2.5 beta for me :/

Unfortunately, like BlargSNES, it seems the developers have lost interest in continuing development. Each new *hax release seems to break at least one of them in some way since they haven't been updated in ages. Best to move on to one of the Retroarch cores if possible..

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unfortunately, like BlargSNES, it seems the developers have lost interest in continuing development. Each new *hax release seems to break at least one of them in some way since they haven't been updated in ages. Best to move on to one of the Retroarch cores if possible..
Yes, thats true. MGBA works very well for me. So I'm waiting for another stable GB and Snes Emulator.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Snes cores runs like shit on O3DS and some GBC games runs like 50 fps, so move on isn't an option :T

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D