Games you think are perfect

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Cloud 2 (Still my favorite game ever)
Burnout 3
NFS underground1&2
And Mercenaries 2 (I know its terrible and glitchy and the physics suck but that's why I love it)

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone argue with Shadow of Colossus or Katamari?

When I see you say "perfect", I imagine you to mean a game that delivers the experience it promised and also that the experience is enjoyable.
In that regard, it seems that the more simple the game, the easier it is to say it's perfect.

For instance, some say Tetris and for what it is, Tetris is perfect. The music is catchy, the graphics interesting enough for a game where you drop blocks on each other, gameplay is simply yet increasingly difficult. On the other hand, I see some say Persona 4, which to me would be hard to say is perfect because it doesn't promise anything specific, just an RPG (jRPG?) set in Persona world with whatever battle system it has, music it has, storyline it has. (I've never played, by the way).

So it's difficult for me to say a game like... oh I don't know... Zelda is completely perfect since it's so complex.
On the other hand, I can say Katamari is definitely perfect. It's game where you roll up stuff on a ball. Music is definitely interesting, graphics are fun, levels aren't repetitive!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's difficult for me to say a game like... oh I don't know... Zelda is completely perfect since it's so complex.

It's not really complex, just (generally) well designed. Combat is simplistic, storyline is simplistic, characters are simplistic, and art style is also simplistic. Most of the puzzles are usually just taking an item you've gained recently and using it on this or that, just in different ways. It's well designed but certainly not complex.

The World Ends With You

Okay, I'm gonna tackle this. I don't like TWEWY and that's no secret. I'll leave all my story and art criticisms aside as that's a whole "different strokes, different folks" type of thing, but I certainly wouldn't classify the gameplay as perfect. I found it cluttered and more annoying than "fun" or "exciting". I do really hate the art style and story but leaving those aside, the gameplay still isn't satisfactory and certainly not perfect.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grandia II (Dreamcast)
Shenmue (Dreamcast)
Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Dreamcast)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

Never found anything to complain about for these games. Even though I'm legitimately stuck on Grandia because my characters are too weak and I can't go back far enough to level up, I have fun just by looking at the screen. I'm WAY too patient! lol

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me start out by saying ..
you are either part of the solution or the problem.​
How many more people are NOT going to read...​
...games 'YOU THINK' are perfect..

Here's my contribution to the solution...

To me perfect games are ones I wouldn't change, games that I really like just the
way they are (but who could not use more episodes... more of the
same)

1) Advance Wars Days of Ruin/Dual Strike DS
2) Fire EMblem (Sacred Stones) GBA
3) Civilization Revolution DS
4) Age of Empires DS (Mythology was close 2nd) DS
5) Original Golden Sun (GBA)
6) GTA Chinatown wars DS
7) Chronotrigger DS
(there were many more ds games but to spare all the wall-o-text....

On PC it would be Civilization 3 & Roller Coaster tycoon 1.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
- Earthbound (SNES)
- Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES) - yes, I know, it's weird, and it's slow, but it's good....
- Tetris (GB)
- Shinobi (Game Gear) - which I remember beating, but I honestly don't remember. It was a borrowed game from a friend, and I took it to bed and beat it in the week we temporarily traded.
- Killer Instinct (Arcade)
- Gundam Battle Royal (PSP)

Yes, I'm a nerd for older games. And Earthbound is a gem in a sea of trite SNES games.

D

Deleted_171835

Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

5325943962_c678c0a78c.jpg

250px-MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg

1) Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64/GC/VC, not that 3DS trash)
3DS trash? What? It's an improvement in every way.

Reactions: 1 person

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not really complex, just (generally) well designed. Combat is simplistic, storyline is simplistic, characters are simplistic, and art style is also simplistic. Most of the puzzles are usually just taking an item you've gained recently and using it on this or that, just in different ways. It's well designed but certainly not complex.

The World Ends With You

Okay, I'm gonna tackle this. I don't like TWEWY and that's no secret. I'll leave all my story and art criticisms aside as that's a whole "different strokes, different folks" type of thing, but I certainly wouldn't classify the gameplay as perfect. I found it cluttered and more annoying than "fun" or "exciting". I do really hate the art style and story but leaving those aside, the gameplay still isn't satisfactory and certainly not perfect.

Yeah, but see, we didn't find it cluttered and annoying, unsatisfactory or imperfect. That's the whole point of the thread -_-
The only thing that made no sense was the pin inventory, which desperately needed a "sell all but one of each kind" button, but I mean, that's a minor gripe among 1,000,000 good points. Everything else would have been addressed in the inevitable sequel had A) the game made money, and B) SE not been so eager to crap out more lousy Kingdom Hearts spinoffs. But even then it would have been like the jump from Mass Effect 1 -> 2, cleaner inventory and easier interface (not that I had trouble with the interface, but you know... all the people with mangled hands trying to play these games :\ )

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything else would have been addressed in the inevitable sequel had A) the game made money, and B) SE not been so eager to crap out more lousy Kingdom Hearts spinoffs.
http://andriasang.co...i_sequel_hints/

The World Ends With You 2 3DS probably.

He's been doing that for years, it's because TWEWY was originally planned as a trilogy, but development on the second game was cancelled once 123/586 Garbage took priority. But sure, I'll keep my fingers crossed for TGS just like I do every year, along with River City Ransom 2, Rival Schools 3, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit