Games you think are perfect

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, Tetris is also classic. If I had to choose a version I'd say Tetris Party. Good variety of game modes plus online and versus is endlessly amazing.

I'd also have to put Spyro 3 up there. I'd probably put it as my favorite 3D platformer.

Not necessarily perfect but Dissidia 012 also would get an honorable mention for almost the same reasons as Pokemon. Simple but engaging, strong pick up and play value, large amounts of content, and there's plenty of "game after the game". It improved upon the original Dissida while expertly removing every negative aspect about it. That's what I call a sequel.

Reactions: 1 person

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
In no particular order:

588784_56358_front.jpg

980073_170476_front.jpg

960564_204183_front.jpg

gfs_94727_1_1_mid.jpg
(the 3DS version is sweet, though)
198288_16654_front.jpg

587380_58833_front.jpg

588027_88038_front.jpg

197687_62734_front.jpg

586468_90085_front.jpg

198201_50403_front.jpg

573960_88623_front.jpg

No other games even have a touch on these masterpieces. If you deny this, you haven't played them yet.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
*snip*

EDIT 3: Yes, I have a gigantic boner for Pokemon GSC.

I HAVE JUST AS BIG OF A BONER IF NOT BIGGER FOR THIS GAME.

And Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald as well. I must admit that out of all the Pokemon games these 6 would be my favorite. I played GSC throughout my god damn childhood, it was the one thing I really could never part with. I remember part of my Crystal version had broken off and I literally kept the fucking thing for years until I finally just had to throw it away. I haven't played GSC in a while, thanks to Guild mentioning it I think I'm gonna see if I can find one of them for cheap online and play the shit out of it.

RSE was another of my favorite Pokemon games mainly because the story in it seemed to work quite well. It had improved upon the difference between good and evil groups, showing the possible outcome if the player couldn't stop Team Aqua/Team Magma (this was also in GSC with the shiny Gyrados event thing). I also enjoyed the new Pokemon in that game as well, they just seemed fitting and unique unlike the Pokemon games today.

EDIT: Also, the Spyro series because fuck yeah Sypro. I still play the shit out of it on emulators because it's just so damn good and has great replayability and story. I remember when I was young, about 12 years or so ago, when I had gotten my first bee sting my dad took me to some gaming store and bought me the second Spyro game. I played the ever-loving shit out of that game. Now I have like...9 games I have to play over Winter break. THANKS GUYS

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too difficult. Every single game I play, I could find SOMETHING that could use some improving.

Valkyria Chronicles is probably the closest I can say a title has come to being perfect. I found absolutely nothing wrong with it in any way, except the AI was a little stupid sometimes. But...that was kinda needed because if the AI was super intelligent, that game would be freakin' impossible. But otherwise, the graphics were amazing and unique. It gave the game so much character, and made it quite beautiful. The story is fantastic, and they tell it very, very well. The main characters are all interesting and have depth to them, and even squad members (who aren't focused on in the game) have back stories, likes and dislikes. The Design Archive for the game really shows just how much effort went into making the Valkyria Chronicles universe. It's amazing the depth that game has.

Cave Story. For what it is, and what it does, I couldn't see a single thing wrong with it.

Any Tales game, really. For its time, each Tales game does a really great job of delivering the same thing (combat wise), but improved and with unique features. Each delivers a fantastic new story in an interesting new world, Each with an awesome new set of characters. Voice acting is also quite good, though that's a lesser fact since most dubs are good these days. Can't say i'd wish for any improvements on any of the Tales games, except ToS2...but that doesn't count.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but i'm sure there's more lurking in my game library.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
With a "perfect game", I mostly think of games that had sequals that just lowered the overall experience rather than adding it.

Tetris is the obvious choice. It has so many variants and additions, but in the end, the simplicity of the original concept can't be beaten.

Portal. Easy, simple, obvious. I'm just glad that portal 2 doesn't fuck it up by trying to give the player more weapons or tools, which makes it as good as the first (yes, I know about the added features like the goo and the grav pads and so).

Red alert 2 (Yuri's revenge). I dunno why, but it's like this game was a turning point. It was the last RTS game I know that had units that could do just 1 thing. With C&C3 and RA3 units started to get all these abilities that made the game too overly complex to be simple & fun.

UT2004. I played this game daily for YEARS and if it wasn't for that lousy sequel that emptied all the servers, I'd still be playing it. Plus points were the magnificent editor as well as the scene, which meant you could easily download hundreds of maps of the same (or even better) quality as the retail ones. In addition, the amount of mods for it was so huge that you could never even get close to playing them all.

Starcraft 2. Gotta hand it to blizzard: they sure know how to make a great game. It's balanced, fun to play and even MORE fun to watch. In fact, I haven't played it in months, but I still watch youtube-commented matches on almost a daily basis (honestly, it's FAR more entertaining than any real sport match).

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask. Tons of side missions and adventure. I call that perfect because the goal was to make an awesome game and they succeeded in my honest opinion.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was mentioned already but Persona 4 was a perfect game for me. Even with the sometimes tiring grinding of levels, it's still a fun game that I can pick up anytime.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yay a jumbled bunch of opinions on games claiming they are perfect when no game is truly perfect with every game having some huge fatal flaw in them. Though it this post really needed? Probably not so free post count.

I will say wind waker, monster tale, and Sonic generations though.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yay a jumbled bunch of opinions on games claiming they are perfect when no game is truly perfect with every game having some huge fatal flaw in them. Though it this post really needed? Probably not so free post count.
Yes, this is what this thread is about. People's opinions on THEIR perfect game. Not yours, not what is the worlds most perfect game, theirs.
Fucking shut up if you don't like people thinking some games are perfect.

Reactions: 2 people

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then why present the tread with the title "Games that are perfect" instead of "Games you consider perfect". Alternatively favorite games thread? Dunno it just seems like a large pile of flame bait in the wait.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Portal 2 is practically flawless. Writing is masterful, puzzles are challenging, and the difficulty curve is perfect. I can't think of a single flaw with that game unless you want to go on about graphics, but those still look good, even with Source being a bit "dated" now.

Yeaah. Portal 2 for the win.

Here's my example of a perfect game: BIT.TRIP FLUX

EDIT: To hide from potential flamers, I **THINK** it's a perfect game

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Then why present the tread with the title "Games that are perfect" instead of "Games you consider perfect". Alternatively favorite games thread? Dunno it just seems like a large pile of flame bait in the wait.
How about reading the OP? I said ITT: Games you think are perfect and don't think could be improved in any way..

How can people flame when all people are doing is complaining about the word perfect?

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Topic title / first post

An read the OP that's why I said opinions, that is why I also added my small 3 games. Maybe I've just been around the worse gaming areas of the net to long that leads me to just instantly jumping on this thread as flame bait. :/ or maybe its cause people are just listing.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4
The World Ends With You
Trace Memory
Time Hallow
Saint's Row: The Third
Infinity Blade
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Jet Set Radio (Original, and Future.)
Sonic Adventure Battle 2
Sonic Riders

D

Deleted User

Super Meat boy is a perfect example of indie/platform, one of the best platformers EVER made in the history of gaming.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users