Games with issues on R4 - The list

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by toguro_max, Nov 12, 2009.

Nov 12, 2009
  1. toguro_max
    OP

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Nihao all.

Since this is my 100th post (yay), I decided to make (guess what?) a <i><b>list</b></i> with the games that have issues when played through the R4, and their fixes.
    I'll <b>try</b> to keep this list updated, but I won't be able to do this alone, so I guess I'll need some help here.
    Please note that this list only cover the Original R4 DS, so no clones here (unless someone wants to contribuite with info).

So far, this will be only a draft, as I'll develop it to a, probably, better way to see the informations.
    Just to make it clear, I did <b>not</b> "discovered" any of this fixes, ok? I'm just compiling'em in this thread. All the credits must go to the whoever found'em.

With no more delays, here it is:

<div align="center"><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>The R4's Problematic Games List</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div>

First of all, some links that may help you out:

<a href='index.php?showtopic=95774'>Guide to Editing and Saving Cheats</a>: You will learn how to perform the addition of cheats to you cheat file.
    <a href='index.php?showtopic=164359'>Guide to install the YSmenu on your R4</a>: The triassic911's way of doing it. Longer but you will understand better what you are doing.
    <a href='index.php?showtopic=103879'>Guide to install the YSmenu on your R4</a>: The Maikel Steneker's way of doing it (aka R4YSauto). Easier, but you will not understant beans of the process. >-p
    <a href='index.php?showtopic=94755'>Guide on how to patch games with an arm7.bin file</a>: Here you will learn how to apply the ARM 7 patch, usually needed when you get the "Save file not found" message.
    <a href="http://blog.dev-scene.com/ratx/archives/category/dslazy" target="_blank">DS Lazy</a>: This is one of the tools used to apply ARM 7 fixes.
    <a href="http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html" target="_blank">Lunar IPS Patcher</a>: This is one app to apply IPS patches to your ROM file.

<div align="center"><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The games<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div>

<b><u>Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (GTA: CW)</u></b>
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <b><u>Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (FFCC: EoT)</u></b>
    <b><u>Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (KH: 358/2 D)</u></b>
    <b><u>Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story (M&L 3: BIS)</u></b>
    <b><u>Phantasy Star 0 (PS 0)</u></b>
    <b><u>Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (C: PoR)</u></b>
    <b><u>Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (SC: TDB)</u></b>
    <b><u>Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate (FFCC: RoF)</u></b>

Dragon Quest IV (DQ 4)

Chrono Trigger (CT)

Again, I'll ask You all not to polute this topic too much. <b>Any</b> help will be welcome, specially if it means telling me which games have problems and their workarounds.
    See ya.

<i>[Edit 01]</i>: Corrected some typos, added an information and some fixes for KH: 358/2 D and M&L 3: BIS (Thanks r4ymond) and used the spoiler tag (makes it better to visualize).
    <i>[Edit 02]</i>: Corrected some typos, added an information and some fixes for PS0 and C: PoR.
    <i>[Edit 03]</i>: Added a link for the ARM 7 guide and some fixes for SC: TDB and FFCC: RoF

2. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    For Kingdom Hearts, most problems for R4s is when you try to Access the Game when Selecting the "Difficulty." After selecting the Difficulty, it freezes (black screen)...

Solution:

1) Hex Edit
    2) YSMenu
    3) Patch ----> [ THIS PATCH >>>http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158...t=0&start=0