Games with Gold announced for July 2022

Microsoft announced today the new Games with Gold additions for July.
  • Beasts of Maravilla Island ($9.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 31
  • Relicta ($19.99 ERP): Available July 16 to August 15
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails ($9.99 ERP): Available July 1 to 15
  • Torchlight ($14.99 ERP): Available July 16 to 31
This also means it's your last chance to grab two of June's games. Aven Colony and Raskulls will be leaving the service tomorrow, June 30.

:arrow: Source

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Why do the games always feel like games I wouldn't even bother to pick up from EB even fi they were in a $1 bin.
at least you got to keep games from the $1 bin. On this service you keep only while you have an active multiplayer ransom games with gold payment.

oh! the CD from the bin have a label, and sometimes even have a box.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I remember wanting Thrillville a kid. Might as well pick it up. I don't expect it to be as good to me as an adult as it might have been as a kid...but I'll grab it.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This is even worse than the 2mb rom that Nintendo pull out every once in a while.
Meh the quality of the monthly Game Pass titles is getting worse IMO,
Game pass subscribers get game pass titles AND games with gold titles AFAIK
So this is just a bonus on top of these:

1656551632895.png

Pretty good altogether I would say

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at least you got to keep games from the $1 bin. On this service you keep only while you have an active multiplayer ransom games with gold payment.

oh! the CD from the bin have a label, and sometimes even have a box.
You get to keep the 360 titles whether you stay on Gold or not... admittedly that's only half the games, but it's better than nothing. And in this case it's only the 360 games that are worth having as well by the looks of it: however, whilst Torchight is good, it's already been on Gold a few years ago, that gets a muffy thumbs down right there.
(Thrillville good for a laugh with family too. Or when pissed up....)

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Torchlight alone is worth it

Pretty good Diablo esque game
Torchlight II was given free on Epic. Epic free games are truly free and comes every week, both Sony and Microsoft "not as free" games are pale in comparison. I am especially disappointed with Sony. PS5 is a bad buy for me. Xbox X I didn't even buy given the disappointment from last gen but Microsoft is still my favourite tech company by a good margin.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Torchlight II was given free on Epic. Epic free games are truly free and comes every week, both Sony and Microsoft "not as free" games are pale in comparison
I don't think anybody ever tried to claim that Games with Gold and PS+ were "Free" in the sense that you just get them no strings attached. They are bonuses you get from being a subscriber.

I'd rather pay for a subscription and get some games tossed in then support Epic.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anybody ever tried to claim that Games with Gold and PS+ were "Free" in the sense that you just get them no strings attached. They are bonuses you get from being a subscriber.

I'd rather pay for a subscription and get some games tossed in then support Epic.
Why you hate Epic? If you take away UE games you easily miss a lot of good games. My Epic game library is now bigger than my Steam one by a big margin. What's there not to like about a subsidized game store.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would kick ass if Epic is able to sue and open up PS and Xbox for their store. Time will tell if they can open up Apple. I hope they do.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't dislike them as a game/game engine developer.
I dislike them as a games storefront.
Probably could have been clearer on that.
There isn't much to dislike about Epic store except it is a second store, what I hate more is all the other game company that force install malware on our PC.

What is missing from Epic store is a user channel for people to talk about the game.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't much to dislike about Epic store
Unless something has changed and I've missed it, Epic is the only PC Games storefront Buying Exclusivity rights to their store.

That's probably my biggest gripe with their service and why I refuse to use their service more than anything. The free games is a marketing ploy because it's pretty much the only way most people would even consider installing EGS over/next to Steam, IMO.

Leave exclusivity to the consoles, where it's necessary for competition in hardware sales. Trying to make PC games exclusive to a specific store software is petty and desperate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...