Games for 2 Pro Controllers?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Portly_McFatter, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Portly_McFatter
    OP

Portly_McFatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    I saw a Pro Controller on clearance at my local wally world for 25 bucks. I've already got one, but thought I might be able to make use of another one for the kids or whatever. But my question is, are there any games that really benefit from 2 Pro Controllers? I've already got wiimotes and nunchucks coming out of my ears. My Wii U has haxchi also.

Any recommendations?

2. krepandus

krepandus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Australia
    I've always looked at it as personal preference... I'm cool playing with either, but my gf absolutely loathes them wiimotes and always insists on the Pro Controller when we play co-op. How about buying a Pro controller and selling a wiimote?

3. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Smash? I only play single player games, but that should be an obvious one, unless you're one of those "omgosh, i can only play with a GC controller" types.

4. krepandus

krepandus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Australia
    Riiight, Smash. And I guess Mario Kart, if you hate motion controls or having to turn them off every f-ing time.

5. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    Well Wonderfull 101 has some kind of multiplayer missions were you can play with the gamepad, the classic controller or the pro controller, just don't know if you can actually use a pro controller instead of the gamepad.
    The game is however far superior in the single player.

6. Portly_McFatter
    OP

Portly_McFatter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    I'm not really looking to trade any of them out or anything, just more or less wondering if there's some type of under-the-radar game or homebrew use I could get out of the two controllers. I guess from a utility standpoint, I'm not really missing anything by using the wiimote over the Pro Controller. Didn't think about the convenience of Mario Kart though.

Cool, I'll look into this. I've admittedly not had much time with the Wii U library. Between Rocket League and Humble Bundles my backlog is becoming tooooooooooooo much.