Hardware Gamecube link with EZFA/SC

Chris9620

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I have an EZFA flash cart, and a Supercard SD. Does anyone know if its possible to use a ROM on either of these carts to link to Gamecube games that use this feature? Harvest moon and metroid prime both have a feature where you play the game on the gamecube, and have the GBA with the cart plugged in. Is there any way to trick it so it thinks the official game is in the GBA rather than the ROM file?

Any help would be appreciated

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no EZFA here but if you burnt the required rom without a loader on the cart it may work.
If I recall metroid prime has two cube linkup features (one for a completed game and the other merely for having the GBA game around) so you may have to play around and get the save file onto the save memory of your cart.

One potential problem could be if the linkup game uses EEPROM or Flash to save games (carts only have SRAM and so may be accessed differently).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it is possible. Not having a Gamecube I've never done it but I read about it somewhere. The guy before me was right; make sure that the cart only has that one game rom on it and turn off multiboot when you burn it. (turns off the loader menu so the game starts like a normal game on a cart I think)

[Edit] and the EZ-FA site loads so bloody slowly that I still have no idea if it's covered in Madbob's FAQ. Curse you slow loading website! *shakefist*

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it definitely can be done...I did it with an EZFA and some Pokemon game years ago.
shy.gif

Psyfira has already said exactly how to do it.
lecture.gif

PS - Might not work for every game though!
unsure.gif

Chris9620

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried turning off multiboot, but the option to do it is unselectable (its faded text, so you can't click on it). I will try again, but does anyone know for sure how to turn off the multiboot option in EZFA? have I not done something right?

Ta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O