Hardware G6 Lite

KYACRASH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the newbie question, but after reading the guide I wanna make sure I have this figured out before I buy everything. Ok, I have a DS Lite, and I want to play nds and gba roms on it. I'm pretty sure I want to get the G6 Lite, because of how it fits with the ds lite. Now if I get the passcard 3 and a secure digital flash card, is that all I'm going to need? Is there anything better I should get? Thanks.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as the above poster said you don't need any memory as the G6 Lite comes with onboard memory of 4Gb(512MB or 1/2 GB) You'll also need a Passcard 3 or a SuperKey. But the G6 Lite has such a small memory size I wonder if those should wait for other offerings from M3 or Supercard. They have both said they already have offering coming in the next month of two with memory support. I mean with my Supercard Mini-SD I have 2GB capacity with my Mini-SD card and with the SD versions you can go as big as the SD is at now, 4GB's I think. I mean Metroid Prime Hunters is 1Gb(128 MB) and Resident Evil was 512 Mb(64 MB). Thats not a lot of MB's for the money at just under a half a gig. With a few big games on the cart you'll have almost no memory for anything else. And newer games are starting to use the 512 Mb(64 MB) cart like MechAssault: Phantom War and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I would just suggest waiting, what does everyone else think?

FifthE1ement

KYACRASH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great, thanks for everyone's replies. I'm preordering it tonite! Normally I would wait as I'd like to see a review or two before I buy it, but I just got my ds and all I have is tetris!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn