G6 Lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by KYACRASH, Jun 26, 2006.

1. KYACRASH
    OP

KYACRASH Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2006
    Sorry for the newbie question, but after reading the guide I wanna make sure I have this figured out before I buy everything. Ok, I have a DS Lite, and I want to play nds and gba roms on it. I'm pretty sure I want to get the G6 Lite, because of how it fits with the ds lite. Now if I get the passcard 3 and a secure digital flash card, is that all I'm going to need? Is there anything better I should get? Thanks.

2. TheSpade

TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    Eastern U.S.A.
    Yes you need the Passcard 3. No, you don't need an SD card. Yes, you're all set.

3. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    Yes, as the above poster said you don't need any memory as the G6 Lite comes with onboard memory of 4Gb(512MB or 1/2 GB) You'll also need a Passcard 3 or a SuperKey. But the G6 Lite has such a small memory size I wonder if those should wait for other offerings from M3 or Supercard. They have both said they already have offering coming in the next month of two with memory support. I mean with my Supercard Mini-SD I have 2GB capacity with my Mini-SD card and with the SD versions you can go as big as the SD is at now, 4GB's I think. I mean Metroid Prime Hunters is 1Gb(128 MB) and Resident Evil was 512 Mb(64 MB). Thats not a lot of MB's for the money at just under a half a gig. With a few big games on the cart you'll have almost no memory for anything else. And newer games are starting to use the 512 Mb(64 MB) cart like MechAssault: Phantom War and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I would just suggest waiting, what does everyone else think?

FifthE1ement

4. lars

lars Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2006
    My suggestion: Buy the g6lite 2 times....

5. KYACRASH
    OP

KYACRASH Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2006
    Great, thanks for everyone's replies. I'm preordering it tonite! Normally I would wait as I'd like to see a review or two before I buy it, but I just got my ds and all I have is tetris!