jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
that's the cheapest i can find the G6 lite $87 can anyone find it for more cheaper than that? without the website taking paypal as payment please
wink.gif
and yes bamboo gaming do it much cheaper but i can't buy from there is they use paypal to take payment
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hmm the $80 bucks one does not include the old gba dummy casing but the one with passcard does? it's important i have the gba casing, but nice prices
biggrin.gif

whoah shipping is $30 0_o and even with cheapest shipping it still comes over $105.86 (£53.00) i can buy @ £50...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dealextreme.com has the chinese G6 lite for $77.11 shipped, but it looks like it only comes with the white case and the GBA case.

sorry, i'm not interested in the chinese version, i want full english, but thanks anyway.

QUOTE(thegame07 @ Mar 25 2007 11:00 AM)why is the prices that expensive and you can get a slot 1 for half the price.

i don't know why the G6 lite is expensive but the website that i will be buying from seems to be the only decent price i can get in english, i will be using the G6 lite for GBA roms only (reason for normal sized gba dummy case to fit in gba sp), i already have a R4 for DS games.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
reason for normal sized gba dummy case to fit in gba sp
Buy EZIV MiniSD then, it's much better with GBA (instant boot via NOR and other cool things) and much cheaper. I bought one for my GB Micro, it's outstanding.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
reason for normal sized gba dummy case to fit in gba sp
Buy EZIV MiniSD then, it's much better with GBA (instant boot via NOR and other cool things) and much cheaper. I bought one for my GB Micro, it's outstanding.

ok... i know it's a good flash cart and all but i'm not interested because it requires a mini SD card and it has no real time clock, i am also unable to run the EZ flash client either on my computer so i've been put off the flash cart quite a bit, but the price is attractive though.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemons can be patched. The other reasons are just excuses though. MiniSD are SO cheap nowadays, and EZ4 client is just a standard windows application, if G6 patcher runs on your machine, this one should run too. Unless you have a Mac, but then you're out of luck with G6 too.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
when i run the EZ client to see what it's all about it just gives me a error message and won't run, i have a normal PC not a mac, and i need real time clock because there are certain pokemon that can only be catched at certain times of day, G6 client runs fine on my PC no problems.

ok so you say it's cheaper?

EZFlash IV $64.99 (£33.12) + shipping= $93.65 (£47.73)
MiniSD 1GB £8.99 + shipping= £10.19

total=£57.92 o_0 cheaper than a G6 lite? hmmmm

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Be sure to look for a MiniSD version, there's also a MicroSD one (EZ4 Lite/Deluxe/Compact).

I bought mine EZ4 MiniSD for 33 bucks (3980 yen). It may be even cheaper in other places.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You can get a GBA shell (sold seperately) for the M3 lite, or a microSD to miniSD adapter for the M3 mini, either option might be cheaper than a G6 if you already have a spare microSD card.

M3 lite has a terrible menu system compared to the G6 lite, i can't find any website that sells empty GBA cases either, not that i want the M3 lite with it's fugly menu.

fugly menu shown here:
http://www.scorpei.com/M3lite.html

review mentioning fugly menu:
http://www.iso420.org/nds/m3lite/index.htm

"GBA lacks fancy loader (Like the G6)"

EZ4 Deluxe/EZ4 Lite has no old gba case included, has very small ammount of space for gba games it's main use is for ram expansion for opera browser.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, be sure to read GBATemp's review of G6. Here's a nice quote from it:
QUOTE said:
Let’s start off with the bad first shall we? When version 4.0 came out the NDS side was drastically overhauled, how about the GBA side? Nope, still the same ugly loader for GBA games. It begs to question why the GBA loader did not get updated to fit into the graphical style of the slick NDS loader. The loader isn’t very spectacular, if anything it’s a bit of a pain to navigate as you are moving around a cursor to select buttons instead of just selecting the buttons directly. There’s a bug with original Gameboy games (.gb) that you copy over to the G6 Lite. Every game is given the name ‘Goomba’ (after the GB emulator). This causes a lot of confusion as you never know which game is which, something that definitely needs to be addressed.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shell out $87 (plus shipping) for a G6 lite then. You've ruled out all of the other options.

BTW, to call the G6's GBA menu "fancy" is to take a shit all over that word. It works, but it's neither pretty nor elegant.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Heh, be sure to read GBATemp's review of G6. Here's a nice quote from it:
QUOTE said:
Let’s start off with the bad first shall we? When version 4.0 came out the NDS side was drastically overhauled, how about the GBA side? Nope, still the same ugly loader for GBA games. It begs to question why the GBA loader did not get updated to fit into the graphical style of the slick NDS loader. The loader isn’t very spectacular, if anything it’s a bit of a pain to navigate as you are moving around a cursor to select buttons instead of just selecting the buttons directly. There’s a bug with original Gameboy games (.gb) that you copy over to the G6 Lite. Every game is given the name ‘Goomba’ (after the GB emulator). This causes a lot of confusion as you never know which game is which, something that definitely needs to be addressed.

G6%20IN%20GBM.jpg

hmmm, ugly menu it is! ¬_¬

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EZ4 Deluxe/EZ4 Lite has no old gba case included, has very small ammount of space for gba games it's main use is for ram expansion for opera browser.
What?! They're microSD based! You're thinking of the EZ expansion pack. EZ4 CAN NOT be used as the ram pack as of now.

I advise you to buy the EZ4 MINI SD BASED, it's cheap and great to use in GBA, period. If you don't wanna listen, I rest my case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER