Hacking FW, Moonshell and DSOrganize easy install

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
For those that are a little unconfident of updating Moonshell and installing DSOrganize here is a RAR file you can unpack to the root directory of your freshly formatted MicroSD card.

Once unpacked your R4DS will have the latest firmware (1.06final), the latest Moonshell (1.6 and it's much nicer!) and DSOrganize (2.45 beta) patched to run on the R4. The settings for Moonshell have also been altered to improve DPG playback.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1M91FF7E

And by request here's one with no DSOrganize!
smile.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDZ480OV

Or if you're having problems with MegaUpload or would just prefer not to use MegaUpload then the files are also hosted here :

http://r4ds.co.nr/

along with several other useful things!

FIRMWARE 1.06final DETAILS
----------------------------------
Update R4 v1.06 kernel 2007-1-27
1 ) Hiding the display of those files and directories with "Hiding" attributes
2 ) Using L button as same as touching the screen to adjust the brightness
3 ) Narrowing the display for transditional chinese characters
4 )Background light should be turn off while closing DS in save mode
5 )Soft reset included (L+R+A+B+X+Y) or touch the soft reset button with R to switch on/off this function
6 )Decreasing possibility to triforce boot screen and noise caused by using soft reset
7 )Improving the technique to issue of freezing menu while using soft reset
8 )Add feature of large text size in eBook
9 )Soft reset for multimedia will be applied on Moonshell 1.6 official release

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Not a problem, it's what being part of a console community is all about! I think these places are the last on earth where people actually help it each other out!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've noticed one thing about moonshell 1.6. It doesn't reset back to the R4 menu (Something this version is meant to do). It does do a soft reset but I get an error with moonshell. Maybe this will be fixed in the official R4 firmware release containing moonshell 1.6.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat! Thanks for the pre-compiled files. One thing tho. In the version that includes DSO, you also need to patch the "exec_stub.bin" file in the resources folder to enable homebrew file loading....I noticed it is unpatched.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Neat! Thanks for the pre-compiled files. One thing tho. In the version that includes DSO, you also need to patch the "exec_stub.bin" file in the resources folder to enable homebrew file loading....I noticed it is unpatched.

Nice one thanks, I'm still a little new at the DS stuff. Will find the info, patch it and re-upload! Any other suggestions for the install pack (without having to code!) are most gratefully received!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried applying the patch but it's still not loading up homebrew. I just launch the NDS file from the File Browser don't I? It gets to where it's about to launch the file and just hangs. Show's up an unknown adapter as well. Am I patchig it wrong? I'm just using DLDIPatcher GUI, the command line gives the same result.

It doesn't accept the command line as shown on the DSOrganize site. Am I using an incorrect version of the DLDI Patcher?

HayateSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys, i don't want to make a new topic just for wath i want to know so i'll put it here (sorry if it's off topic)

i've a problem running moonshle 1.6(final version) here, not exactly a problem

but wich changes i need to make to run it directly from the multimedia touch button? or i always need to lunch the .nds file?

thx in adv and sorry for the english lol
smile.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys, i don't want to make a new topic just for wath i want to know so i'll put it here (sorry if it's off topic)

but wich changes i need to make to run it directly from the multimedia touch button? or i always need to lunch the .nds file?

smile.gif

You need to rename the file to _DS_MSHL.NDS and remember to have it all in caps or the R4 menu system won't recognize it.

HayateSlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

smile.gif

You need to rename the file to _DS_MSHL.NDS and remember to have it all in caps or the R4 menu system won't recognize it.
oh thank you both for the fast reply

bow.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried applying the patch but it's still not loading up homebrew. I just launch the NDS file from the File Browser don't I? It gets to where it's about to launch the file and just hangs. Show's up an unknown adapter as well. Am I patchig it wrong? I'm just using DLDIPatcher GUI, the command line gives the same result.

It doesn't accept the command line as shown on the DSOrganize site. Am I using an incorrect version of the DLDI Patcher?

I tried it with the GUI version of the DLDI patcher, and it looks like it patched the exec_stub.bin just fine (found unknown interface, patched to R4), but I have yet to receive my R4 units to test. What I do know is that I used the command line version on the exec_stub.bin for the DSLink and it does work. Thing is, it will only load up small .nds homebrew files. I tested it with a homebrew Tetris game and it did indeed load up from the DSO file browser.

tepnomus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, thanks for putting the files together. For some reason the Chinese characters of my MP3s are not displaying like in the old version. Any ideas on how to make it show Chinese and Japanese characters in moonshell? Thanks in advanced.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone mirror this please on something that does not require a toolbar to install?
smile.gif

There's no toolbar need to download the stuff. Just type in the code in the top right corner, wait around a minute and click the button when it changes from Please Wait to Download. Mirroring it on a proper site would be good though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!