Homebrew TotK Unexplored - Easily view all the unexplored collectibles in your TotK savefile

BigBear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
surface_legend.jpg

This homebrew app I created is made for easily viewing what hasn't been discovered in your Tears of the Kingdom savefile on your Nintendo Switch. The korok seeds that haven't been collected, the locations that are left to visit and the 16 other types of unexplored collectibles are shown on a map, where it's easy to see what you've missed.

This is an updated version of BotW Unexplored that has a few new features but also so many small quality of life improvements that make the app much more plesant to use.

Main Features
  • 18 types of collectibles can be tracked
    • Koroks
    • Shrines
    • Lightroots
    • Caves
    • Bubbuls
    • Wells
    • Chasms
    • Locations
    • Hinoxes
    • Taluses
    • Moldugas
    • Flux Constructs
    • Froxes
    • Gleeoks
    • Sage's Wills
    • Old Maps
    • Addison Signs
    • Schema Stones
    • Yiga Schematics
  • Legend to easily toggle what collectibles to see and also to switch between showing missing, showing completed or showing all collectibles.
  • Scan a Qr Code with your phone to see an image of the map to look at while playing. Only works if your switch and phone are connected to the same network.
  • Object info about collectibles. Name, position, and what type of korok it is (if a korok) to help find it and what cave a Bubbul can be found in (if a bubbul)
  • Backup system to be able to use the app while playing the game, as homebrew can't read savefiles of running games.
  • Easily manually mark collectibles as found if using the app while playing the game. The manually marked collectibles are removed next time the app can read your savefile to avoid desync.
  • "Korok paths" are drawn so it is easy to find koroks that involve flower trails, races and transporting a lonely korok back to its friend.
  • Quickly swap between the Depths, Surface and Sky layers.
  • Optimized the interface and experience for both touch and controller.

Screenshots
bubbul.jpg

qr_code.jpg

depths_legend.jpg

lonely_korok.jpg

Installation
Download totk-unexplored.nro from the latest release on my Github repository and put in your /switch folder. The app is also available on the Homebrew App Store as TotK Unexplored.

Latest version 1.0.1: The repo is found on lud99/totk-unexplored (can't post links)

Most things should be self explanitory, but here's some information just in case:
  • Use the left analog sticks or the touch screen to move around.
  • Use L and R or the Y-axis on the right analog stick to zoom in and out.
  • Press B to open the legend and use either the touch screen or the D-pad to navigate the menu (note that the analog sticks won't work here). Change pages with the left-right dpad or the X-axis on the right analog stick. Press Y, or click the "Show all" button normally, to change the mode to showing missing, showing completed or showing all collectibles.
  • Tap a collectibles, or move the cursor over it and press A, to see information about it. Here you can manually mark it as complete by pressing Y.
  • + to exit, - to switch profile.
  • Press X anytime to show a Qr Code .
  • Tap the layer icons on the right or use the Up-Down on the D-Pad to navigate between the layers.
Hope you people find this homebrew app useful!

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, I found BOTW Unexplored really handy when I was finishing up the last koroks, so will check this out later when the time comes!
Wish I had that when I 100%ed the map. Marcobledo save editor is great but this looks so so much better

Can it be used to see sonium spots ? Also I was thinking that a tesla overlay would be awesome but the qr code thing is a nice alternative. Really impressed by that, thanks for your work

BigBear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wish I had that when I 100%ed the map. Marcobledo save editor is great but this looks so so much better

Can it be used to see sonium spots ? Also I was thinking that a tesla overlay would be awesome but the qr code thing is a nice alternative. Really impressed by that, thanks for your work
Might be a dumb question, but what are sonium spots?
A few people have asked about a tesla overlay, but because homebrew can't read saves from a game while it's running it would be a little pointless. Not to mention memory limits and me not having any experience with creating them :)

But I am glad to hear that you find the qr code feature useful and that you like the app, it means a lot! (Big thanks to everyone else too!)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's completely my bad lol, in english I think it's called Zonaite ? Totally forgot the french version changed the word from Zonai to Soneau and all the other words that are derived from it,
Looking through the app I don't think there's a way to look for ores, but that's not a big deal anyway

Reactions: BigBear

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to add mappins to the save via this app?
Similar to what Marc Robledos save editor does, only directly on the Switch.

That's completely my bad lol, in english I think it's called Zonaite ? Totally forgot the french version changed the word from Zonai to Soneau and all the other words that are derived from it,
Looking through the app I don't think there's a way to look for ores, but that's not a big deal anyway
That's because in the original Japanese version they are called Zonau.
The European translations use the Japanese version as a template.
In German they are called Sonau.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Oh really.

I just finished the game a few hours ago, and through the credits ....
1690839497718.png

So I thought it could have been some weird self insert or something, but if you're right then it's really just a huge coincidence lol

BigBear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

It would absolutely be possible and not too difficult, but save file editing is not the direction I want to app to go in. But it is open source so anyone else is more than welcome to add the feature if they want to!

Reactions: [Truth]

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Whats the best way of utilizing this? Do I open up the game and then have it open as an applet? do I show whatever I need that is missing then scan the QR code and use that? I'm trying to find out what others are doing.

SquallDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First of all very fantastic app. Very helpful. However, is it possible that the map updates when a new save data is made. Cause currently, it only updates when i completely close the game..

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First of all very fantastic app. Very helpful. However, is it possible that the map updates when a new save data is made. Cause currently, it only updates when i completely close the game..
Read the blurb, it can't access the save data while the game is running. You can mark stuff as done yourself temporarily until the next reload.

piek50

Trophies
XP
Country
Suriname
Hallo buddy, i have use you're app today but the app can't be exit. It stay loading then i have to restart mine switch. I have try it three times. I'm on the latest FW16.0.3 AMS 1.5.4

Deetlemore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for this! I've been really enjoying the found feature, it can give you a good idea of where the undiscovered things are while still letting the plkayer do the exploring. It's especially nice with caves because it's tough to make out the icons on the in-game map.

Seruschl

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this great tool. Unfortunately i am not able to get an QR Code. When i press the x nothing happens. Does anyone knows what is going wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto