Hacking COMPLETED Fusee-LEDE Dongle (6$ payload injector)

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to be sure:

When connecting to the wireless ssid, I am not getting assigned a DHCP address, but a zeroconf one. I assume there was no space for a DHCP server? What is the ip address of the device when connecting via WiFi?

I also assume there is no web UI for the "router" portion, right?

Btw: using a tiny OTG adapter makes this very portable:
View attachment 135114
Hi where have you buyed this OTG?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: Ita54_2

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
After further inspection there is a DHCP server built in but it requires configuring. I'll configure it so wireless functions are always available without ethernet and include it in the next release.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pra...sk-OTG-Converter-Adapter-For/32849739833.html
You might find cheaper ones as well, that's the exact one I bought.
The adapter sits in somewhat loosely so when I unplug it from the switch it stays in the console and I have to pull it out separately. I am thinking about fixing it in place with solder or some glue, but that would prevent me from easily changing the payload.
I got some of these too and I'm not sure how you got them to work. I can't seem to get them to work with this because of how loose they are (which is because of how the usb plug on the dongle sits, not the adapter itself to be clear).

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is what I use for PS4, it's not USB C but theres plenty of small adapters available

D2iiSre.png

It's available here for $4 USD --> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP...337.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7b374c4d9NWJAL

yeah i just flashed a D1 mini with the new external HDD payload
now if i could just fit it into an old magic gate PS2 memory card with a lipo and charge circuit
if only i could do tiny soldering i would take the ESP board off of the D1 mini CHG breakout board
and solder to it directly and add some header pins when the the magic gates memory card pins were for connecting it to a USB to serial FTDI breakout for flashing ,a tiny switch, and a JST connector for plugging in to charge the lipo

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i just flashed a D1 mini with the new external HDD payload
now if i could just fit it into an old magic gate PS2 memory card with a lipo and charge circuit
if only i could do tiny soldering i would take the ESP board off of the D1 mini CHG breakout board
and solder to it directly and add some header pins when the the magic gates memory card pins were for connecting it to a USB to serial FTDI breakout for flashing ,a tiny switch, and a JST connector for plugging in to charge the lipo
skip the lipo & charge circuit and just find the smallest button cell holder you can find. I haven't opened mine up but I am willing to bet with some poking around you could use 3.7 v lithium button cell. Memory card shell would be a nice touch. I think someone put something similar in a replica mario coin of some sort on here last week.

Reactions: weatMod

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got some of these too and I'm not sure how you got them to work. I can't seem to get them to work with this because of how loose they are (which is because of how the usb plug on the dongle sits, not the adapter itself to be clear).
I just put it in and it works. But come to think of it, I can see how some adapters might not work because they are too loose.
After all, they are designed to be plugged into the front of a male usb plug and the router has a female USB port.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just put it in and it works. But come to think of it, I can see how some adapters might not work because they are too loose.
After all, they are designed to be plugged into the front of a male usb plug and the router has a female USB port.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk
Yeah. I'm just going to get a short cable to plug the adapter into...I imagine that will do just fine. Maybe not as elegant, but it's not worth worrying about it.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After further inspection there is a DHCP server built in but it requires configuring. I'll configure it so wireless functions are always available without ethernet and include it in the next release.
Hm... thinking about it, a running DHCP Server would probably interfere with the ethernet connection of the device, i.e. you could no longer simply plug it into a wired connection and telnet/ssh in. Unless the DHCP server can be configured to only run on the WiFi interface.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skip the lipo & charge circuit and just find the smallest button cell holder you can find. I haven't opened mine up but I am willing to bet with some poking around you could use 3.7 v lithium button cell. Memory card shell would be a nice touch. I think someone put something similar in a replica mario coin of some sort on here last week.
yea because i think i only need to power it for like a minute anyways right , just long enough to log in and deliver the payload
i think the micro USB will also need to be removed to make it fit ,not sure what pins i will need for flashing this if i remove the micro USB
i am guessing 3.3v , gnd, rx and tx not sure if i need rst and anything else
i have flashed some esp8266 based wifi controllers before using a TTL USB to serial FTDI breakout and i only needed RX,TX ,GND and 3.3v , my FTDI has the switch for 5v or 3.3v logic, think i only need a 4 wire header with those pins
i will just put the pin header and switch where the pins for the magic gate are supposed to go

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... thinking about it, a running DHCP Server would probably interfere with the ethernet connection of the device, i.e. you could no longer simply plug it into a wired connection and telnet/ssh in. Unless the DHCP server can be configured to only run on the WiFi interface.

OpenWRT/LEDE uses the typical /etc/config/network methodology. This defines each interface independently. As such, the wired interface can be explicitly set at a fixed IP, and the wifi can either be configured to grab a DHCP address from an access point, or to provide DHCP addresses in access point mode, and the two will not interfere with each other. It's just a few bytes of config file away.

The wireless device is further controlled with /etc/config/wireless, and DHCP rules are defined in /etc/config/dhcp.

By default, LEDE/OpenWRT disables the wireless interface for security reasons. It is fairly painless to turn back on, and should be possible to alter in the build process's root tree structure in the /target folder of the source package. As such, it should be possible to build a flashable image with the appropriate changes already baked in at basically 0 additional cost.

Last edited by Wierd_w,

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OpenWRT/LEDE uses the typical /etc/config/network methodology. This defines each interface independently. As such, the wired interface can be explicitly set at a fixed IP, and the wifi can either be configured to grab a DHCP address from an access point, or to provide DHCP addresses in access point mode, and the two will not interfere with each other. It's just a few bytes of config file away.

The wireless device is further controlled with /etc/config/wireless, and DHCP rules are defined in /etc/config/dhcp.

By default, LEDE/OpenWRT disables the wireless interface for security reasons. It is fairly painless to turn back on, and should be possible to alter in the build process's root tree structure in the /target folder of the source package. As such, it should be possible to build a flashable image with the appropriate changes already baked in at basically 0 additional cost.
I see. I was looking into /etc/config/wireless to try to enable the dhcp server. I'll later see what /etc/config/network has to offer :D

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
To setup a basic independent wireless network first add to /etc/config/nework

Code:
config interface 'wlan'
   option type 'bridge'
   option ifname 'eth0'
   option proto 'static'
   option netmask '255.255.255.0'
   option ipaddr '10.0.0.1'

Alternatively use whatever IP address you want.

Then to /etc/config/dhcp:

Code:
config dhcp 'wlan'
   option interface 'wlan'
   option start '2'
   option limit '254'
   option leasetime '12h'
   option dhcpv6 'server'
   option ra 'server'

config dhcp 'lan'
   option interface 'lan'
   option ignore '1'

Then in /etc/config/wireless

Change option network 'lan' to
Code:
option network 'wlan'

I'm currently tinkering with it to share internet access between both interfaces. I've gotten to the point where I can resolve DNS addresses from the independent network but no actual data transfer as of yet.

Last edited by FGFlann,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To setup a basic independent wireless network first add to /etc/config/nework

[snip]

I'm currently tinkering with it to share internet access between both interfaces. I've gotten to the point where I can resolve DNS addresses from the independent network but no actual data transfer as of yet.

You need to define a forwarding rule between the interfaces in /etc/config/firewall

:P

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• firmware.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 128
Reactions: Ita54_2

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reboot router with the following command.
reboot
After rebooting, the router will automatically inject fusee.bin to your switch if connected with an USB C cable.
I followed these steps, and have been met with no success.
The payload is not injected on boot, and the SSID is not being broadcast anymore. I seem to have simply bricked the tiny thing. Any ideas? I don't have an ethernet port and don't really feel like dropping cash on an adapter on something that might not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum