Hacking COMPLETED Fusee-LEDE Dongle (6$ payload injector)

tonyo29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashing red means success
Go to page 19 of this thread and follow what mentioned to me. as I got the same result you have and managed by the help of the members to get it to work flawlessly
how can i inject the payload if winscp and putty cannot detect the 3g router,,thanks in advance

tonyo29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i change the payload in want to use cause when i inserted th usb with payload on it blinks blue but it didnt stop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Great. :) Now you can put the payload.bin of your choice on the flash drive and insert it into the dongle while it's turned on, and it will install the payload for you. It will flash blue twice to indicate success. Then you're ready to use it on your switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cannot put. The payload it didnt. Blink. Twice the blue. Light

tonyo29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have succesfully program my brand new dongle.. The thing is i bought a second hand that has sx os in it.. The thing is once i tried to enter a new firmware the one that you should hold the reset before power. On thier is two color that is steady blue and red.. And when i insert the. Usb with firmware. Bin. Nothing happens.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Edit:
I'm trying to do this on a supported device (I think). However, putty keeps on telling me that my Login is incorrect.

Tried various combinations already:
admin, admin
root, <blank>
admin, password
root, password
root, admin

nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
07fd12dca8213e40025c1b5d613eecb8.jpg

Last edited by annson24,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I cannot find the IP of the router when connected via LAN, but when connected via wi-fi, the IP is 10.10.10.249. That's what I use with telnet but I can't get past the authentication.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally I have flashed successfully my device and I have changed the payload.
I have also chaged the ip setup from static to dhcp.

I would like to ask how can I upgrade the firmware now? I used the firmware from the OP but I found new versions around...

Thx

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anybody else has username and password I can try?

Combinations I tried that doesn't work:
admin; admin
admin; password
admin; <blank>
root; <blank>
root; admin
root; password

Last edited by annson24,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else has username and password I can try?

Combinations I tried that doesn't work:
admin; admin
admin; password
admin; <blank>
root; <blank>
root; admin
root; password

May not be needed if you can flash with the stock web-gui-- you just wont get the swanky boot loader.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
May not be needed if you can flash with the stock web-gui-- you just wont get the swanky boot loader.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Been pulling my hair since yesterday. I tried flashing with the web gui but it's not working either. Although I only flashed various .bin files found here and the openwrt site, should I flash the .img file instead? IIRC, I tried flashing the 16M RAM uboot img file and it also gave an error, haven't tried the 32M RAM though. I'll try later after work.

BTW, can I PM you to ask for assistance if that doesn't work?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the reply. Been pulling my hair since yesterday. I tried flashing with the web gui but it's not working either. Although I only flashed various .bin files found here and the openwrt site, should I flash the .img file instead? IIRC, I tried flashing the 16M RAM uboot img file and it also gave an error, haven't tried the 32M RAM though. I'll try later after work.

BTW, can I PM you to ask for assistance if that doesn't work?

a5-v11-squashfs-factory.bin is the file you should try sending with the web gui.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it's this one openwrt-15.05-ramips-rt305x-a5-v11-squashfs-factory.bin, right? I tried that and it gave me an error. Forgot what kind of error though, will try again later and tell you what error it gave. Again, thanks a lot for the response. I truly appreciate it.

Yeah, that's the one. If you can't get root to flash over console, and it does not like the factory firmware bin, then you are stuck with having to solder on a header, and use a usb 3.3v uart cable to grab the root console that way.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, that's the one. If you can't get root to flash over console, and it does not like the factory firmware bin, then you are stuck with having to solder on a header, and use a usb 3.3v uart cable to grab the root console that way.
Cr*p, I've got 0 clue how to do that. Darn it, $20 well spent.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's only just been a day since it arrived. I'm not giving up just yet. And I'll try to study this uart thing.

Get a 3.3v FTDI cable. That is your serial uart you will connect to the router. Then, on the underside of the router's PCB, look for contact points labeled TX RX, GND

Connect the RX of the uart to the TX contact on the router.
Connect the TX on the uart to the RX contact on the router.
Connect the GND on the uart to the GND on the router.

Check device manager after plugging in the uart cable, and see which serial port it got assigned.
Open PuTTY, and choose "serial" as the connection type.
type in the serial port the cable had assigned to it (com1, etc)
use these connection settings (they are mostly standard)
115200 for rate
8 bit
1 bit parity
software flow control (we dont have DTS and CTS, so we cant do hardware flow control)

Once putty is started, turn on the router. You should see stuff happening almost instantly on router power-on, including seeing stuff from uboot.

wait for the router to finish booting, then press enter.

Do stuff on the console. :)

Last edited by Wierd_w,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Get a 3.3v FTDI cable. That is your serial uart you will connect to the router. Then, on the underside of the router's PCB, look for contact points labeled TX RX, GND

Connect the RX of the uart to the TX contact on the router.
Connect the TX on the uart to the RX contact on the router.
Connect the GND on the uart to the GND on the router.

Check device manager after plugging in the uart cable, and see which serial port it got assigned.
Open PuTTY, and choose "serial" as the connection type.
type in the serial port the cable had assigned to it (com1, etc)
use these connection settings (they are mostly standard)
115200 for rate
8 bit
1 bit parity
software flow control (we dont have DTS and CTS, so we cant do hardware flow control)

Once putty is started, turn on the router. You should see stuff happening almost instantly on router power-on, including seeing stuff from uboot.

wait for the router to finish booting, then press enter.

Do stuff on the console. :)
OMG. This is exactly what I need. Honestly speaking, I was in a panic a while ago because I didn't know where to start. Time to find me a uart usb then.

Btw, here's the error I'm getting qhen flashing via web gui:
0a37e1069c451354dfca39ab0e2dcf35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people...