Hacking Project Lilygo-T-Dongle-S3-PS4-Payload-Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashish999

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
That just looks like a clone and although it says the lcd screen is ST7735, these can contain different chipsets and need different drivers. I know this for a fact because I broke my screen and ordered a replacement, even though it fitted fine and was ST7735 it used a differet chip to drive it and I needed to get drivers from Adafruit, at first I though the display was faulty, because the graphics looked corrupted, but once I used the different drivers it was fine. Now I don't know what parts are in a cloned dongle, but as the one I am using came straight from lilygo's Ali express shop, I only use the drivers for those. That dongle you linked might work fine, but it is a clone and for the same price or cheaper you can get the original Lilygo board from Ali express for £8.55 ($13.32) with free postage. Why take the risk to save a few cents?
Cuz here country Bangladesh don't deliver products on Ali express...

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
What college did you guys go to? To follow these directions to get this sd card to work?
What are you on about? You just flash the 3 bin files I provided, reboot the dongle. Go to the admin page and click storage format, then click on the Sd card mount link, or just press the button on the dongle once. It's not really rocket science. As long as you formatted you sd card using the instructions on the previous page. The card takes about 3-4 seconds to show up on the computer or in the PS4.

YLlYWtL.png

4WaiGwP.png

Last edited by mrdude,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I’m going on about is not that. It is formatting the sd card I am having problems with. It will not let me activate it.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
What I’m going on about is not that. It is formatting the sd card I am having problems with. It will not let me activate it.
OK then so that's down to you knowing how to use tools to format your sd card. There are many partitioning tools available for free on the internet to do the same thing without needing to use windows built in tools if that is too difficult for you.

Here's a free tool that has a nice gui that can help you: You just literally need to right click on a partition/advanced/set active partition.
oGiWeTJ.png

https://www.aomeitech.com/aomei-partition-assistant.html

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks man. Yeah that was too difficult for me too follow lol and which bin file is psphive? The bootloader? Just curious

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Awesome thanks man. Yeah that was too difficult for me too follow lol and which bin file is psphive? The bootloader? Just curious
WTF are you talking about? Ignore psphive, it has nothing to do with the sd card. I am going to remove those psphive files as I am sick of people that don't know what they are doing using them.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it has nothing to do with the sd card. Sorry for changing the subject and not notifying you but psphive is need to jb the ps4 is it not?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I know it has nothing to do with the sd card. Sorry for changing the subject and not notifying you but psphive is need to jb the ps4 is it not?
No you don't need those files, just flash the dongle with the bin files and nothing else. Nothing else is required. (Make sure you format the dongle to remove all the crap files you have on it).

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok last thing. Can you tell me how I would go about updating my firmware to 1.05 please?

Attachments

• IMG_7942.jpeg
    IMG_7942.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 9

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok last thing. Can you tell me how I would go about updating my firmware to 1.05 please?
Just flash the bins, format the dongle, that's all you need to do. Use the bins from the OP. Clear your website cookies/old internet files. The new admin page has different colours to what you have and shows 1.05.

Last edited by mrdude,

Ashish999

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just flash the bins, format the dongle, that's all you need to do. Use the bins from the OP. Clear your website cookies/old internet files. The new admin page has different colours to what you have and shows 1.05.
Bro r u posted latest bins on ur very first post...?? Or new bins (SD card enabled) this zip??

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I know thanks. Yeah it’s badass. I was asking if you could hook me up with that version 1.05 so I can use it on my bin file

Attachments

• IMG_0233.png
    IMG_0233.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

Ashish999

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@mrdude one question which one is better, direct plug dongle or with hub? I mean if I select deep sleep after goldhen loaded. It's stable?? or not to select deep sleep after payload injections?? Cuz if I use direct on PS4 to dongle, deep sleep after goldhen loaded, for good to esp health??

mrdude_99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I know thanks. Yeah it’s badass. I was asking if you could hook me up with that version 1.05 so I can use it on my bin file
What do you mean - use it on your bin file? If you have another dongle (with 16mb or more flash) flash it's own bootloader and your own fat partiton file, then just flash the firmware.bin from the OP.

PS. Foxi banned my account because of this post: (I guess the words were just too much for him to handle)
gbatemp.net/threads/the-israel-and-palestine-conflict.642311/page-23#post-10364699

so I had to make a new account to reply :-)
Post automatically merged:

@mrdude one question which one is better, direct plug dongle or with hub? I mean if I select deep sleep after goldhen loaded. It's stable?? or not to select deep sleep after payload injections?? Cuz if I use direct on PS4 to dongle, deep sleep after goldhen loaded, for good to esp health??
Direct plug into the ps4 - disable sleep mode after payload has injected (but you can still use sleep after x amount of time). This is the best glitch method as the dongle can't turn off until the payload has been fully uploaded.

Last edited by mrdude_99,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 16mb bin file as in a bin file that I made for myself. Mine has v1.00. I would like it to have v1.05 like yours does. How can we make that happen? I tried flashing all yours and then mine but that didn’t work.

P.S dam that is f’d up. How long is the ban?

mrdude_99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
P.S dam that is f’d up. How long is the ban?
Forever ban, still it's easy just to keep making new accounts if this account gets banned as I don't have a static IP and then there's vpn's, disposable emails etc. 1.05 is in the firmware bin file you already have (which is posted in the OP), you already have that. It's nothing to do with the compiler as it's just a string of code in the source. You can't use your own firmware bin as all that would do is put your own firmware on and would then be nothing to do with this thread.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O wow that is truly messed up. Yep free speech is a thing of the past. Ok are you gonna release it on your GitHub then so I can customize?

mrdude_99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O wow that is truly messed up. Yep free speech is a thing of the past. Ok so what would be the order to flash all the bins including my bin file?
It doesn't make any difference the order you flash them, they are all written to different addresses on the esp32-s3 so don't overwrite each other. You only really need to flash the firmware bin file if updating, but for a fresh brand new dongle or one that's been flashed with a different partition layout then you are best just flashing all three files to prevent any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto