Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Well, seems like my brother didn't update his emunand in Prailect's guide Part 4, section 1, 5th step....somehow, he reached Part 5 section 4 and even when he followed the troubleshooting guide still got a black screen....I remove the sd while it was turned on and it works, but it showed the "sd removed" message, then I plugged it back and it works like "normal"....then I restored the formatted_nand with no problems.
My point is....it's possible to update the originald emunand at this point? He obviously wants his stuff back from the emunand_original.

are you going for full setup or emunand setup?
(making the whole guide or just the first part)

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Emunand setup.

if you're running luma3ds to get to emunand do this:
1) Enter emunand through luma3ds
2)Go to system setting, update from there

if you have 9.2 sysnand you can do this to restore emunand_original:
1)go to sysnand
2)Enter homebrew launcher (if you use menuhax is like booting from sysnand)
3)run decrypt9
4)go to emunand -> emunand restore and select the emunand original file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure your nands are unlinked to avoid updating sysnand

Zero.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you're running luma3ds to get to emunand do this:
1) Enter emunand through luma3ds
2)Go to system setting, update from there

if you have 9.2 sysnand you can do this to restore emunand_original:
1)go to sysnand
2)Enter homebrew launcher (if you use menuhax is like booting from sysnand)
3)run decrypt9
4)go to emunand -> emunand restore and select the emunand original file

He passed the "configuring Luma" step, so i think he has a "half Luma" or something....So it's ok to boot with black screen...remove the sd...get the error message...insert the sd again, and the updating to the last version?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
He passed the "configuring Luma" step, so i think he has a "half Luma" or something....So it's ok to boot with black screen...remove the sd...get the error message...insert the sd again, and the updating to the last version?

do that and check in versio if it says emu or sys, if you get emu you can continue

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Sorry for the late reply, it says Sys 9.8
you are bootin into sysnand not emunand, what's your current setup?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

probably just save your nand backup and Nintendo 3ds file, format 3ds and sd and start guide from downgrade to 9.2

raven693

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I bought a New 3DS XL with OFW 9.0 and trying to follow Plailect's Guide to install arm9. Just want to verify if I need to upgrade to 9.2 first before I downgrade to 2.1. Or is it ok to continue with the guide as is? I have already installed menu hax but kinda stalled on if I should update to 9.2 or not.

Zero.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you are bootin into sysnand not emunand, what's your current setup?
Same as Part 5 Section III:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
  • "Force A9LH detection"
  • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM
probably just save your nand backup and Nintendo 3ds file, format 3ds and sd and start guide from downgrade to 9.2
I think he can't go back because he's on the last steps

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's all good. I was just thinking of ways to minimize the cleanup process.

However, I do think that the step about TWL modification removal could be expounded upon for the sake of error prevention. Nothing too expansive, just a set of substeps that go "If you have X installed, do Y to remove it" for each of the three major TWL mods (Sudokuhax/Whitelist/TWL_FIRM) that have been around.
Side note, I think that a little more information should be given about how to remove TWL modification in the guide and when exactly they should be removed. The three main types that have existed during the 3DS lifecycle are Sudokuhax as DS Connection Settings, DS whitelist, and patched TWL_FIRM.

I found your post. Exactly how do one figure out:
1. Which TWL patch is used?
2. How do you actually repatch TWL? The guide mentioned TWL_FIRM is a literal crapshot, and i can't get it to produce downgrade working results

CorrellRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am new and just got a 3DS XL on 7.1 and following ur guide, Im on 9.2.0-20U with RedNAND9 Emu 11, newest version, and now Im on next step 2.10 Downgrade (Im on U version OLD3DS system). All goes well until downgrade when shows NFIRM part and ERROR on bottom of screen, I do have my NANDS backed up so goes back to normal. What's wrong? Im sorry as I am new and just got a 3DS XL,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Same as Part 5 Section III:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
  • "Force A9LH detection"
  • "Show current NAND in System Settings"
  • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

I think he can't go back because he's on the last steps

sorry on the late reply. With setup i meant what versión is the sysnand and the emunand.

Zero.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry on the late reply. With setup i meant what versión is the sysnand and the emunand.
Someone helped me....I had to delete the menuhax folder in root:/Nintendo 3ds/####/####/ and it booted normally....now I have another problem....I've restored the emunand_original in part 5 and my emunand games dissapeared.... and instead of be on that emunand, for some odd reason....It boots into sysnand before emunand (I had gateway)....I've been since yesterday with that problem and I'm just fucking tired....Can i go back to step 1 even if I finished all the guide?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Press power and select at the same time when booting the 3ds to enter Luma's config and de-select auto-boot sysnand, then you should boot on Emunand ^^

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I now what is the problem did you format your SD card with Emunand 9 with the No Emunand option if yes...you don't have an emunand anymore and you have to recreate one with Emunand9, the other possibility is that you didn't restore your Emunand backup on Emunand and your Emunand is still at 2.1 and thus can't boot...

Zero.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I now what is the problem did you format your SD card with Emunand 9 with the No Emunand option if yes...you don't have an emunand anymore and you have to recreate one with Emunand9, the other possibility is that you didn't restore your Emunand backup on Emunand and your Emunand is still at 2.1 and thus can't boot...
First one, and yes, I know, that's why I finished the guide....what I don't understand is why I got that previous sysnand from before gateway....I'm tired....I only want to know what should I erase from the sd in order to delete the previous games and saves from the emunand_original.

Falcorion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just completed the guide for A9LH on my N3DS and have it updated to 11.0. Everything seemed to work like it should and I got no errors along the way except HBL seems to load and then hang on the black top screen and red bottom screen. It does the same thing if I try to use my OOT3D entry point.

Also, me being the genius that I am thought that maybe running Lumasupdater would fix the issue. So I opened the installed CIA and ran the "normal install" I believe it was called and now Lumasupdater crashes to the home screen every time I open it as well.

However, like I said everything else works as it should.

Any suggestions?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So I just completed the guide for A9LH on my N3DS and have it updated to 11.0. Everything seemed to work like it should and I got no errors along the way except HBL seems to load and then hang on the black top screen and red bottom screen. It does the same thing if I try to use my OOT3D entry point.

Also, me being the genius that I am thought that maybe running Lumasupdater would fix the issue. So I opened the installed CIA and ran the "normal install" I believe it was called and now Lumasupdater crashes to the home screen every time I open it as well.

However, like I said everything else works as it should.

Any suggestions?

do you have the files from starter.zip on your sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff