Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good guide, except for the fact that it uses Sliderhack/Browserhack as a entry point. Twice. Eh....
I wish there was a way to keep Ironfall for the 9.2 downgrade, just to avoid the insane hassle of trying 20-300 times just to get the homebrew menu up, just so themehax can be installed.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@Plailect, (Regarding Region change tut) isn't it easier to just replace the NNIDsave.bin file with a blank one to remove the nintendo network ID from the console? I've bought plenty of O3DSes already and common issue I experience is the previous owner forgot to remove his/her nnid from the console so I just replace the .bin file with a blank one. It's as easy as pasting the blank nnidsave.bin file to the sd card and injecting it to sysnand via decrypt9.

Edit: can confirm, injecting a blank nnidsave.bin also deletes eShop's data automatically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by annson24,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good guide, except for the fact that it uses Sliderhack/Browserhack as a entry point. Twice. Eh....
I wish there was a way to keep Ironfall for the 9.2 downgrade, just to avoid the insane hassle of trying 20-300 times just to get the homebrew menu up, just so themehax can be installed.
You don't have to use it if you have other entry points. I used FreakyHax the entire time during my install of a9lh

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You don't have to use it if you have other entry points. I used FreakyHax the entire time during my install of a9lh
If I had any of the exploit games, I would use them. I used Ironhax a few years back to get Homebrew, but sadly, it did not survive the downgrade that was done at the later date. Tubehax was also rather nice, shame its not a default 3DS app.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had any of the exploit games, I would use them. I used Ironhax a few years back to get Homebrew, but sadly, it did not survive the downgrade that was done at the later date. Tubehax was also rather nice, shame its not a default 3DS app.
Well tubehax is completely dead on all firmwares anyway, as even if you download the old version you can't use it as it won't let you use the app unless you update.
In my experience, once you learn how to properly load sliderhax it works fairly well. I've gotten more than 75% boot rate when I need to use it, which is perfectly acceptable because you only really use it to install menuhax or another entry point.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Guide 4, section III paragraph is very unclear to me
Code:
Remove any TWL_FIRM modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
(if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)
To do this, use 3DNUS to download the stock TWL_FIRM as a CIA, then install it
New 3DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013820000102
Old 3DS / 2DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013800000102
I get that I am suppose to get a .CIA file, to remove the TWL_FIRM patching.
The input of 0004013800000102 isn't a particularly valid input for 3DNUS. And that is a problem.
And: Even going manually trough Yellow8's list, there is at the least 4 different 0004013800000102 updates for 3DS.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Guide 4, section III paragraph is very unclear to me
Code:
Remove any TWL_FIRM modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
(if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)
To do this, use 3DNUS to download the stock TWL_FIRM as a CIA, then install it
New 3DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013820000102
Old 3DS / 2DS TWL_FIRM Title ID: 0004013800000102
I get that I am suppose to get a .CIA file, to remove the TWL_FIRM patching.
The input of 0004013800000102 isn't a particularly valid input for 3DNUS. And that is a problem.
And: Even going manually trough Yellow8's list, there is at the least 4 different 0004013800000102 updates for 3DS.
I think you should also put the region i.e U/E/J

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've done this guide a long time ago.

However I was reading to see if something now comes up.

Now I've noticed on Step five this:

Copy emergency_SecureInfo_A, emergency_movable.sed, emergency_title.db,emergency_ticket.db, NCSD_header_[o/n]3ds.bin, and firm0firm1.xorpad

But I didn't get what generate those files.

Yes, I have a Hardmod, but I want to have this files if anything goes wrong! :D

So, how can I generate those files?

Thanks!

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm about to purchase a sky3ds because I'm getting tired of constantly looking for an exploitable cart every time a new exploit emerges. One question I would like to know if I can also use Sky3DS as an update cart? thanks in advance.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to purchase a sky3ds because I'm getting tired of constantly looking for an exploitable cart every time a new exploit emerges. One question I would like to know if I can also use Sky3DS as an update cart? thanks in advance.
Why do you need it? Once you have one exploitable cart that's all you will need for a while. Along with that why do you need exploitable carts when you have A9LH?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Why do you need it? Once you have one exploitable cart that's all you will need for a while. Along with that why do you need exploitable carts when you have A9LH?

Sorry for not giving the full details. In my country, I install A9LH as additional "source of income" (thank you devs). I currently have Ocarina of Time (US region) and because of that, I can only downgrade US regioned systems. I want to buy a used sky3ds to have an easier access with exploits on different regions.

EDIT: if sky3ds can also be used as an update cart (for versions lower than 9.0), that would be better. One cart to rule them all. (Might consider adding that phrase to my sig haha)

EDIT: solved.

Last edited by annson24,

KiyoshiGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi everyone,

Please give me some advises
I am stuck part 3 step 23.
After i formatted sysnand Luma wont boot to RedNAND anymore.
I deleted the config file on the luma folder and tried again.
This time Luma did boot but when i pressed start my 3ds rebooted and went to the homebrew channel.
I tried booting RedNAND an older version of Luma but still didn't boot

edit..never mind got it fixed the problem was in the menuhax config cause i had the no button option. So when i rebooted as i didn't press L button i went back to Homebrew Channel

Last edited by KiyoshiGAMER,

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already set up my own 3ds, but my sister has a downgraded 3ds using the gateway software.
Because of this, I cannot inject fbi into the health and safety app. It gives a app0 not found or fragmented error.

I've already asked about this in the flash cards and custom firmware section, but the only answer i got was to modify the ctrnand.
I would rather not do this, so I just plan on getting a cart to update the 4.2.0-9U 3ds to 4.4 to fix the downgrade.

However, is there another way to go about this problem? I'd rather not spend money unless I have to.

Zero.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, seems like my brother didn't update his emunand in Prailect's guide Part 4, section 1, 5th step....somehow, he reached Part 5 section 4 and even when he followed the troubleshooting guide still got a black screen....I remove the sd while it was turned on and it works, but it showed the "sd removed" message, then I plugged it back and it works like "normal"....then I restored the formatted_nand with no problems.
My point is....it's possible to update the originald emunand at this point? He obviously wants his stuff back from the emunand_original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs