Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PlaiSysUpdater v04 chrashed for me middle of the installation (downgrade to 9.2.0) and i launched again and it said just one file (firm) left and i launched just in case again and then nothing left. Now is it mean i am at full 9.2.0 now?
Most likely yes.

Reactions: Cava

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update for your Guide Bro:

mention "Make sure wifi is turned on on whole process on New 3DS" in the Guide.

in case of this step forgotten "Remove Battery and Put it back" to get the wifi on

Cause i really forgot to turn wifi on and when downgrade succeeded i was not able to turn wifi on, But a guy Alborto helped me. Without him i will be bricked forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opps sorry Bro i didn't Read well and as i was panicked i lost my mind. Thanks to Redferne to show my Mistake, Don't care about this post :P

Last edited by VirusX2, , Reason: My Mistake

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
ah i have a question!

i have 2 sd cards
one has all of my 3ds's game data, saves, eshop games that i have purchased and etc
another is a different sd card, pretty blank.

was wondering if i go through the guide with the blank sd card, at the end of the process can i simply grab my old sd card's data and move it on over and not have to reinstall any eshop games or anything?

also this is likely a really dumb and bad question but seeing as a9lh doesn't boot the 3ds without an sd card, does that mean we can't take the sd card out while at the home menu?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah i have a question!

i have 2 sd cards
one has all of my 3ds's game data, saves, eshop games that i have purchased and etc
another is a different sd card, pretty blank.

was wondering if i go through the guide with the blank sd card, at the end of the process can i simply grab my old sd card's data and move it on over and not have to reinstall any eshop games or anything?

also this is likely a really dumb and bad question but seeing as a9lh doesn't boot the 3ds without an sd card, does that mean we can't take the sd card out while at the home menu?
I actually have personal experience and can say yes to your first question. I did this recently with my sister's 3ds while installing a9lh to make life easier (she only had a 4GB in there). After installation all I had to do was copy the cfw files over to the old SD card (for me the /luma folder and the arm9loaderhax.bin) and the card worked perfectly with all of her previous games and save data.

As for the second question it won't reach the home menu without SD, but once you get past initial boot you can eject the sd card. I did that because I stupidly renamed arm9loaderhax.bin to luma.bin, and forgot to change the name of my boot manager to replace it before restarting (while on a trip without a computer to fix it). I booted my sisters a9lh 3ds, ejected, put mine in and installed the file manager and fixed it from there.

Reactions: wangtang32000

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a new 3ds xl yesterday and started the guide. It threw a Nintendo error screen in the middle of downgrading to 9.2, but would boot without the SD card. i renamed the Nintendo 3ds folder and it booted with the SD card. My sysnand backup was not the exact size as the one listed in the guide, but I dumped it twice and it was the same size both times.I continued on to setup rednand, but did not start part 4.

Am I OK even though my 9.2 sysnand is not exactly the size as the one in the guide? It is 1.84 gb, but not the 1.978 or whatever. It is 1.933 something.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a new 3ds xl yesterday and started the guide. It threw a Nintendo error screen in the middle of downgrading to 9.2, but would boot without the SD card. i renamed the Nintendo 3ds folder and it booted with the SD card. My sysnand backup was not the exact size as the one listed in the guide, but I dumped it twice and it was the same size both times.I continued on to setup rednand, but did not start part 4.

Am I OK even though my 9.2 sysnand is not exactly the size as the one in the guide? It is 1.84 gb, but not the 1.978 or whatever. It is 1.933 something.
1,933,312 KB is the size in KB. If on windows, right-click -> Properties, and get the size in bytes.

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
so i was looking through the guide again to see if anything was changed because i was planning to do my n3ds today and i've noticed the issue within step 2's PlaiSysUpdater.

Q1. i was wondering the status of this issue, has it been resolved yet?

im asking because the n3dsxl i have has ambassador + dsiware (zelda 4 swords) and many other things.

Q2. should i just go ahead and downgrade before going through the guide? i understand if i downgrade, im going to have to backup my saves.

Q3. what about paid dlc?(smash bros, mii plaza, themes) would i have to repurchase my smash dlc? is there anyway to backup the street pass data for mii plaza?)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an NNID linked to your 3DS, all of your eShop purchases (including DLC) will be tied to the NNID, not the system. You can relink the NNID after following the guide and redownload the purchased titles and DLC.

If you downgrade first without formatting, you run the risk of hitting a "soft brick", which is only fixable by using Safe Mode Recovery. That'll upgrade you to 11.0, which isn't good.

Not sure about backing up StreetPass Mii Plaza data, though.

Reactions: wangtang32000

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you plailect it worked perfectly! An option with dual boot and emunand for GW users could be added maybe? Or maybe it would be too confusing for some ppl.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i've ran into an issue, i was trying to Format System Memory on my 9.9.0-26u n3dsxl and my 3ds gives me an error when i try to downgrade.
i rather not upgrade my firmware just to format my 3ds to start this guide.. any suggestions?
What error, and what did you do exactly before the error (i'm a bit confused by how you worded it). Posting those would help us identify what your problem is.

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Part 5, Section IV of the guide and I have a little problem:
According to step 5 "your device should now be able to boot properly once more."....but it doesn't

So what now? Should I continue? I'm pretty sure that I copied the right emunand....tried boot without sd and after i turn it on, it shuts off in less than a second. Also I've followed the troubleshooting with no results :wacko::cry:

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
What error, and what did you do exactly before the error (i'm a bit confused by how you worded it). Posting those would help us identify what your problem is.
ah. well, it simply said it encountered an error when i was trying to format it. im assuming it wanted me to upgrade my firmware so i decided to try and use tinyformat instead of going through system settings.

sorry i don't remember the words exactly.

now that i look back on it, perhaps it was because it was linked to a NNID and wanted to have the latest firmware to connect and unlink?

Last edited by wangtang32000,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Part 5, Section IV of the guide and I have a little problem:
According to step 5 "your device should now be able to boot properly once more."....but it doesn't

So what now? Should I continue? I'm pretty sure that I copied the right emunand....tried boot without sd and after i turn it on, it shuts off in less than a second. Also I've followed the troubleshooting with no results :wacko::cry:
Once you have a9lh installed you will no longer be able to boot without an SD card, and will instead shutdown if you either don't have an SD card or don't have arm9loaderhax.bin on the sd card. Also, just out of curiosity, did you restore your backup of emuNAND_original.bin using Hourglass9? Without doing so your device will be on 2.1, which won't boot with any CFW (such as luma)

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, just out of curiosity, did you restore your backup of emuNAND_original.bin using Hourglass9? Without doing so your device will be on 2.1, which won't boot with any CFW (such as luma)

Yes....should I use an older version of it or restore a different nand backup? :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5