Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is what it is... I hope there will be an easier way to downgrade 11.0 in near future. But from what i've been reading here and there, it can take a long time, and it's not sure if it even will become possible at all.

If you're on O3DS, you now have an excuse to get a N3DS ;) you can get A9HL on your N3DS and then do a system transfer to keep all your save data. Then sell the old 3DS to recoop some of the funds.

orangesoncom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi,

I have succeed installing a9lh with luma3ds 2 months ago.
my current firmware is 10.7.
can i create emunand with firmware 9.2 ?
i want to decrypt some cias file, and i didn't succeed with firmware 10.7

Regards

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Question about Part 5 Section I step 12

Since we already run EmuNAND9.bin as a Luma payload, do we still need to copy and merge the 3DS folder from the EmuNAND9 zip? Is that step actually still needed?

Because when I tried to run it (the EmuNAND9 on the 3DS folder) via Homebrew Launcher, it doesn't work.

Last edited by hiten,

Quinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you're on O3DS, you now have an excuse to get a N3DS ;) you can get A9HL on your N3DS and then do a system transfer to keep all your save data. Then sell the old 3DS to recoop some of the funds.
I'm allready on a N3DS.. Good idea, but in this case not an option to me. lol... Just have to cross my fingers and hoping there will be an option to downgrade 11.0 soon. In meantime i still can use my r4 gold card with my ds roms ;)

Last edited by Quinzz,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm about to try A9LH. but regarding the SecureInfo_A part, how can it have been modified other than changing regions? Just making sure.

Edit: Meh, can't imagine that I'd have modified it in anyway, so here goes, yoloswag let's try A9LH!

Last edited by Shadowfied,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a note for anyone who wants to do this, be prepared to set aside 2-5 hours of your time. In my experience it takes at least 2 hours, but can go up to 5 depending on if you already had an emuNAND and how quickly your 3ds can create a backup of sysNAND and emuNAND. It is a lot of work, but it is all very easy to do if you follow the guide. I personally had an emuNAND, but decided to back that up and start fresh from step one so I could follow everything in this guide to a tee. 99% of the guide is purely prep work and obtaining the files needed to install A9LH, so I recommend pulling up some netflix, youtube, or twitch to have some entertainment. Especially with the numerous NAND backups you will be preforming. In the end though the result is well worth it. And the guide explains everything very well.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Just as a note for anyone who wants to do this, be prepared to set aside 2-5 hours of your time. In my experience it takes at least 2 hours, but can go up to 5 depending on if you already had an emuNAND and how quickly your 3ds can create a backup of sysNAND and emuNAND. It is a lot of work, but it is all very easy to do if you follow the guide. I personally had an emuNAND, but decided to back that up and start fresh from step one so I could follow everything in this guide to a tee. 99% of the guide is purely prep work and obtaining the files needed to install A9LH, so I recommend pulling up some netflix, youtube, or twitch to have some entertainment. Especially with the numerous NAND backups you will be preforming. In the end though the result is well worth it. And the guide explains everything very well.
Can confirm this :P
Took waaaay longer than I expected, and everything time consuming was backing up NANDs and shit.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finished installing a9lh on my friends 3ds now, but im wondering what to do with all the back ups ive made, since the guide only mentions what to get rid of in the sd card itself.

I still have:
emunand formatted
emunand original
otp
sysnand
sysnand original
sysnand a9lhx

Im assuming the only things i should keep are sysnand original, otp and sysnand a9lhax correct? Just makign sure since they do take quite a bit of space and getting rid of what i dont need would be great

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finished installing a9lh on my friends 3ds now, but im wondering what to do with all the back ups ive made, since the guide only mentions what to get rid of in the sd card itself.

I still have:
emunand formatted
emunand original
otp
sysnand
sysnand original
sysnand a9lhx

Im assuming the only things i should keep are sysnand original, otp and sysnand a9lhax correct? Just makign sure since they do take quite a bit of space and getting rid of what i dont need would be great
Keep a hold of at least sysnand a9lhx on your system, and what I recommend is uploading all of those backups to something like google drive. You never know when you need those.

Also, on a separate note I've been reading through this thread and based on what I've seen I highly recommend that if anyone already has an emunand that isn't luma3ds that they should backup their emuNAND and then start fresh. It seems a lot of people are having issues downgrading their emuNAND to 2.1, but every person I've seen who switched over to luma3DS from another CFW/emuNAND have had it complete successfully first try. So if you are using an emuNAND you had created previously, try formatting and installing redNAND and using luma.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep a hold of at least sysnand a9lhx on your system, and what I recommend is uploading all of those backups to something like google drive. You never know when you need those.

Also, on a separate note I've been reading through this thread and based on what I've seen I highly recommend that if anyone already has an emunand that isn't luma3ds that they should backup their emuNAND and then start fresh. It seems a lot of people are having issues downgrading their emuNAND to 2.1, but every person I've seen who switched over to luma3DS from another CFW/emuNAND have had it complete successfully first try. So if you are using an emuNAND you had created previously, try formatting and installing redNAND and using luma.

ALL of them? Even the emunand ones? I dont think id ever need them again, but what ever works

Thanks for the answer, one more thing then im set. How exactly do i use the luma update app? I imagine i need to download the new update and put it on the sd card, but what do i put where exactly?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALL of them? Even the emunand ones? I dont think id ever need them again, but what ever works

Thanks for the answer, one more thing then im set. How exactly do i use the luma update app? I imagine i need to download the new update and put it on the sd card, but what do i put where exactly?
the luma update app only needs the cia to install. Once you install it you can delete the cia and it needs nothing else. All you have to do is open it and chose which version to download if there is an update (or if there is a new nightly you want to use). Afaik it should download it over wifi through the app so you don't need to manually download update files and place them on the sd card.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so it is an online updater.

WHen i first launched it it gave me a fatal error and i had to close it, but i tried it now so that i could give the error code if any, and all of a sudden it works.

Welp, that answers all my questions for now, thanks guy

Edit: Actually, ONE more thing. What exactly is updated luma for? I imagine i need to update it BEFORE i update my system firmware so that luma stays compatible correct?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so it is an online updater.

WHen i first launched it it gave me a fatal error and i had to close it, but i tried it now so that i could give the error code if any, and all of a sudden it works.

Welp, that answers all my questions for now, thanks guy

Edit: Actually, ONE more thing. What exactly is updated luma for? I imagine i need to update it BEFORE i update my system firmware so that luma stays compatible correct?
Afaik luma should always work no matter what version firmware you use. Though just for safety I always recommend dumping your NAND before updating using Hourglass9 just in case something isn't compatible. The updates are more for fixing minor bugs or adding features.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik luma should always work no matter what version firmware you use. Though just for safety I always recommend dumping your NAND before updating using Hourglass9 just in case something isn't compatible. The updates are more for fixing minor bugs or adding features.

SOunds, good, anything stopping me from using the nand i dumped beforehand? Thanks for the info

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I succeed installing CFW with the help from this tutorial. Thanks Plailect.
But I still have some queries.
Before I do anything stupid, I think it is best to ask in this forum.

These are some of my question.
1. Can I just login with my NNID now?
2. Am I still able to do transaction from eshop?
3. Can I still play from my original cartridges?
3. If I change the region later, what is the answer for question #1, #2 and #3?
4. With the current condition (before changing the region), I read in FAQs that I am able to play online eventhough I haven't tried it. How about after changing region, can I still play online?
5. If something bad happen, how can I go back to OFW v9.2?

I will follow the additional step from Plailect's Tutorial regarding the region changing.

edit:
I think I forgot my NNID and I have to make a new one, can I just make a new NNID?

Last edited by avocado,

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow should have done this awhile ago, I downgraded to 9.2 months ago so other then that step guide took me like 4 hours as time takes for all backups. It is very very easy and straight forward and layout perfect. If you can read you can do this.

btw was n3ds :)

thanks for the awesome guide

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow should have done this awhile ago, I downgraded to 9.2 months ago so other then that step guide took me like 4 hours as time takes for all backups. It is very very easy and straight forward and layout perfect. If you can read you can do this.

btw was n3ds :)

thanks for the awesome guide
I also had dowgraded to 9.2 months ago and was using rxTools + emuNAND. I didn't even know A9LH existed until just last week. Definitely a much better way to do things.

Reactions: MontyQ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: