Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes..i know...but from decrypt9 launched from aureinand Arm9loaderhax.bin? If aureinand blocks firm update could not be a problem?
Sorry. Your sentence is hard to understand. If you just restore a backup pre-a9lh there will be no problem. If I didn't answer your question just tell me and perhaps restructure your question please?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the guide. It worked for me.

A note though. When I began doing the backup for sysNAND, my card kept having problems, even after normal formatting, until I used DISKPART to "clean" the card (twice), then "create partition primary". After that, everything went smoothly. So, maybe a prep step involving a test with the card to make sure it'll write the backups, and if it doesn't, to choose some options on how to fix the issue?

Hellhacker1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I've used this before and it's a fantastic guide that is very easy to follow. I was wondering if someone could answer the following question for me: I'm about to install A9LH onto my sisters 3DS but she still wants to keep access to her Gateway Card. Am I correct in say that with following the guide I don't want to copy the RedNAND content over to SysNAND so as to keep SysNAND at 9.2? additionally, what patches in AureiNAND would I have to select AKA would I still have to choose updated SysNAND option?

Many thanks in advance

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, that's 4 o3DSes I've arm9 hacked. Not a single issue happened.

Thanks for guide :D I gotta arm9 another o3ds and a n3ds soon. I hope the downgrader doesn't mess up on the n3ds.

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello :) Currently i am following your guide point to point and it works wonderfully. I am now in "Part 3, 13 Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it" and i wondered if i should overwrite the boot.3dsx file from the copied card which only has ~480KB (i think thats the one from the homebrew starter zip) or if i should keep the one from the RedNAND part that has 7,63MB? tia

Edit: And which starter bin? the one from the sdcard or the one that the rednand part created? I booted with the bigger 3dsx now and i am on GridLauncher, still opened Cakes from there, applied the patches to boot to CFW and i am in the HomeMenu

Last edited by Tyrant82,

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is being weird and failing at downgrading NFIRM everytime. Files check out, downloaded the 2.1.0 update twice to make sure it wasn't corrupt. I wiped emunand twice with Tiny Format so it shouldn't brick or anything stupid.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay can someone tell me where exactly I should start?

My SysNAND is already 9.2 (EUR) I have reinand on another SD card, but I bought a new SD card for this
According to the guide I should start at part 2 step 18, but since my new SD is freshly formatted (64 gig) I don't have anything on it

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Okay can someone tell me where exactly I should start?

My SysNAND is already 9.2 (EUR) I have reinand on another SD card, but I bought a new SD card for this
According to the guide I should start at part 2 step 18, but since my new SD is freshly formatted (64 gig) I don't have anything on it

If you must use the new SD card then you will need to extract your old emunand from the old one, import it into the new one and then start at part 4.

I would suggest just start at part 4, do the install in your old card and then switch to the new card after the install is complete. A9lh is more simple when it comes to sdcards than emunand.

That's assuming you want to change to a9lh. If all you're looking to do is a simple memory card migration then you don't need this guide at all.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you must use the new SD card then you will need to extract your old emunand from the old one, import it into the new one and then start at part 4.

I would suggest just start at part 4, do the install in your old card and then switch to the new card after the install is complete. A9lh is more simple when it comes to sdcards than emunand.

That's assuming you want to change to a9lh. If all you're looking to do is a simple memory card migration then you don't need this guide at all.

I want to install a9lh, but I'm not sure how to approach this considering I want to keep my old SD card as a backup

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I want to install a9lh, but I'm not sure how to approach this considering I want to keep my old SD card as a backup

You want to use a9lh with emunand or you want to follow the whole guide and boot from sysnand but just have a spare SD in case the new one fails?

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You want to use a9lh with emunand or you want to follow the whole guide and boot from sysnand but just have a spare SD in case the new one fails?

I've been told once I have a9lh installed there's no need for emunand

And the new SD card is just for the purpose of a bigger size, but I want to make it my main SD card,
The old one has all my games and data

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I've been told once I have a9lh installed there's no need for emunand

And the new SD card is just for the purpose of a bigger size, but I want to make it my main SD card,
The old one has all my games and data

OK then yeah do your a9lh upgrade on the old card then when you're finished copy everything over to the new one.

Part of the process towards the end is backing up everything from the SD card then formatting it and removing the SD partition and then putting everything back on. In your case you can just put everything from the back up on to the new card instead as long as you format it first with a 3ds supported format (32kb etc). There are guides on how to format an sdhc for 3ds everywhere on Google, even on the likes of ign and Eurogamer.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK then yeah do your a9lh upgrade on the old card then when you're finished copy everything over to the new one.

Part of the process towards the end is backing up everything from the SD card then formatting it and removing the SD partition and then putting everything back on. In your case you can just put everything from the back up on to the new card instead as long as you format it first with a 3ds supported format (32kb etc). There are guides on how to format an sdhc for 3ds everywhere on Google, even on the likes of ign and Eurogamer.

Okay what about RedNAND?

My current situation is 9.2 Sysnand and Rei10.3 Emunand. Nands are unlinked
I read the RedNAND sections and there's a few things that I do not have installed,

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Okay what about RedNAND?

My current situation is 9.2 Sysnand and Rei10.3 Emunand. Nands are unlinked
I read the RedNAND sections and there's a few things that I do not have installed,

Alt version of emunand, don't worry about it. Wherever the guide says rednand you should read it as emunand. They're basically the same thing.

You won't need everything from the previous parts of the guide installed either just as long you download everything required for parts 4 and 5. There is some duplication throughout the guide to avoid mistakes. Just make sure that you can launch the homebrew app before you start anything else.

Last edited by BloodRose,

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alt version of emunand, don't worry about it. Wherever the guide says rednand you should read it as emunand. They're basically the same thing.

You won't need everything from the previous parts of the guide installed either just as long you download everything required for parts 4 and 5. There is some duplication throughout the guide to avoid mistakes. Just make sure that you can launch the homebrew app before you start anything else.

Well fuck apparently I would need to downgrade my Reinand, I have an issue here
The main reason I bought a new SD card was because of the fact that I can't upgrade my emunand (system crashes through sysupdate or nintendo updater)

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well fuck apparently I would need to downgrade my Reinand, I have an issue here
The main reason I bought a new SD card was because of the fact that I can't upgrade my emunand (system crashes through sysupdate or nintendo updater)

Try upgrading your emu to 10.7 first and see how that goes. Not sure why you would still be using emu 10.3. The guide says to is plaiSysUpdater instead and you will need to for this.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try upgrading your emu to 10.7 first and see how that goes. Not sure why you would still be using emu 10.3. The guide says to is plaiSysUpdater instead and you will need to for this.

I'm installing plaisys and it's not appearing on my home menu, when I open the homebrewmenu it just crashes (hbl)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...