Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Read the troobleshooting part.

That was my case so i decided to continue and it worked (but i knew that i could revert back with hardmod so for me the risk wasn't that big)

Yeah, I just did. Looks like I had twin tmds for all of them. They all match the Sha256s listed so I should be good. Crossing fingers.

elfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got a noob question.
I can't install rxtools (it doesn't launch via hbl).
I need to access to it's decryption option. How can i do?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Completely success on an O3DS.

Just as some feedback I think you should link the the Troubleshooting bits a little higher up if validation fails (maybe before doing the validation ? Saves panicking).

And you should probably mention that you need an entry point for HBL on SysNAND for the arm9loaderhax and that Menuhax doesn't work in the preparatory area, I already have FBI on my SysNAND but if I didn't I could have ended up in a prickly situation there (since I was coming from a previous CFW , I went straight from Step 4 which may mean that I don't have convenient access to an entry point at all).

Also step 5 in Finalising Setup in Part 5 refers to NAND.bin which doesn't seem to have been crated in Part 4 / 5 , is this a left over from an earlier step or is this an older name ?

Last edited by Elaugaufein,

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checking, I had done the guide earlier when it was a9lh and emunand. So wanting to switch back and removing the Emunand from my sdcard, can I avoid the emunand9 part to reformat the card and just do it on my pc with a disk partition tool?
I believe I should be able to just remove the emunand partition and then resize the main partition.

Also how much more preferred is having the CFW on the Sysnand? I find the 3ds read/write speeds very slow. Often when I need to juggle emunands I can just put the card into my pc and use the emunandtool exe and can extract and inject withing 1-2 minutes as opposed to 8+ minutes.
However I would expect I shouldn't need to juggle emunands around as much once this is in place. Are game installs and what not faster from SD to internal NAND compared to SD to emunand on same SD?

Last edited by TheGlow,

Dayle Hall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me please. I got as far as Installing AureiNand and the guide changed. I got as far as patching the NAND to the Sysnand but i dont think it worked properly. I cant use the L & R buttons to boot to Decrypt9 nor do any other of the boot options work. I just get black screen. I can however boot it normally and get to the Homebrew Luancher via OOTHAX but when i try to Launch any of the apps like OTPHelper it just kicks me back to the Homebrew launcher page.

I want to restore my Sysnand so i can start the last page of the tutorial again but nothing is working. Any tips?

elfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello all

I've got a weird problem :

Everything work lke a charm with this hack, but super smash bros won't boot. it reboots my o3ds everytime i try to launch it

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all

I've got a weird problem :

Everything work lke a charm with this hack, but super smash bros won't boot. it reboots my o3ds everytime i try to launch it
What CFW are you using? If Cakes, then switch to AuReiNAND.
As Cakes has a compromise on the o3DS, you can either play GBA/DSiWare or games such as Smash Bros and Monster Hunter.
You can't do both.

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone help me please. I got as far as Installing AureiNand and the guide changed. I got as far as patching the NAND to the Sysnand but i dont think it worked properly. I cant use the L & R buttons to boot to Decrypt9 nor do any other of the boot options work. I just get black screen. I can however boot it normally and get to the Homebrew Luancher via OOTHAX but when i try to Launch any of the apps like OTPHelper it just kicks me back to the Homebrew launcher page.

I want to restore my Sysnand so i can start the last page of the tutorial again but nothing is working. Any tips?

I had a similar problem but it was coming from my sd card. But I think it's normal you can't launch anything like OtpHelper with homebrew launcher. When you followed the tutorial again, did you changed your version of AuReinand ? Do you have 3.8.1 or 3.9 ?
Because if you have the 3.8.1 you only need to rename the Decrypt9WIP.bin to arm9payload.bin but if you have 3.9 you need to create a "payloads" folder inside the "rei" folder and rename it to default.bin
But otherwise you can install .cia and launch them right ? Does your NAND looks the same as the emuNAND backup you made at the beginning ?

Last edited by milotic,

elfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What CFW are you using? If Cakes, then switch to AuReiNAND.
As Cakes has a compromise on the o3DS, you can either play GBA/DSiWare or games such as Smash Bros and Monster Hunter.
You can't do both.

I dont't really know how to switch from cake to aureinand.

I dont play gba/dsiware, can i switch between be able to play gba/dsiware or smashbros/monster hunter ?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to do this but now I am stuck at Part 4: Validate Emunand Downgrade. Im having
"Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED". I've been redirected on the troubleshooting page, but since I'm new with this, I don't want to proceed withoug consulting anyone first. I got 5 mismatched titles. Please help, anyone. Thanks in advance

TigerFestival87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys I have a silly question I hope someone can help me with.

When I read the OTPHelper log and it looks like this
"Checking title 0004013000002002...TMD hash mismatchChecking title 0004013000002102..."
is the mismatch for the first one or the second one?

TigerFestival87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5 tmd mismatches I read the troubleshooting and 2 of the mismatches have 2 .tmd extentions in each but 3 of them only have 1 .tmd extention. I checked the sha256 for all of them and they all match but the troubleshooting says if it has only 1 .tmd extention that it's a downgrade error but it happened 3 times in a row so I don't know if it's safe to downgrade my sysNAND even though all the hashes check out please if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5 tmd mismatches I read the troubleshooting and 2 of the mismatches have 2 .tmd extentions in each but 3 of them only have 1 .tmd extention. I checked the sha256 for all of them and they all match but the troubleshooting says if it has only 1 .tmd extention that it's a downgrade error but it happened 3 times in a row so I don't know if it's safe to downgrade my sysNAND even though all the hashes check out please if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Refresh, that's been fixed.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at the final stage of the emunand install, i have booted into the cakes emunand, and at the step where it wants me to update to the latest update via system settings, the update fails to download before it starts and reboots back to regular nand.. any ideas? the internet connection is fine on the emunand..

ronildo66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AuReiNAND_Options.zip contains: installeda9lh, updatedsysnand, usepatchedfw.

This 3 files are really needed? I can only see the need to use the "updatedsysnand". What is the usefulness of the other two files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy