Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what the save path is for the actual .sav files? I'd like to switch over to this using my flashcard save files...

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there needs to be a setting for ABXY to behave like the D-Pad. D-Pad is 8-directional which makes combination of up and right or left more natural, however its alot harder to press, oh lets say Y and B together at the same time with just your thumb. It makes a platformer like mario where you need to run and jump more difficult. Its not such a problem with static controlled games like RPGs, but with games that require more response, it seems kind of necessary.

But this emulator makes me more excited than ever to buy a HTC One Max

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where are the save files saved at?
I placed my .sav of the same name as the rom in the same folder, but it didn't work.
So I went in the app's data folder and tried placing the save file in the savestate folder, but it didn't read it either.

Hmm... It seems like the save files are stored in sdcard/Android/data//com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup/ and are using the same save format as DeSmuME.

Although when I copy my raw .sav file from DeSmuME and rename it to .dsv, it does not read it.
Save file is supposed to be in the right format, unless DraStic uses some weird format, but in any case I'd like to be able to import my save file from DeSmuME and play that. :/

Edit: Weird, when I drag & dropped my .dsv save file directly from DeSmuME, it worked.
The save file DraStic gave me when I saved in-game was exactly 256KB while my save file from DeSmuME was 512KB (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

How are you accessing the hidden folder? via windows explorer or are you FTPing into it or using something like anteres explorer natively on the android device? and any idea how you got your saves to work, I just converted mine from acekard 2i to desmumes filetype and they still cant load

Jaspiter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you accessing the hidden folder? via windows explorer or are you FTPing into it or using something like anteres explorer natively on the android device? and any idea how you got your saves to work, I just converted mine from acekard 2i to desmumes filetype and they still cant load

Woops looks like Shuny doesn't have .sav to .dsv >.> I always thought it did, wonder if my memory is slipping

Well you can use this instead: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/u...-file-type-converter-21-beta-real-f24893.html

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only other solution I can think of is saving the game using DeSMUme, generating a native dsv file. Since only a few games are the problem, it shouldn't take too long.

But then I would lose my save data? not worth playing on my phone if I lose savedata

Jaspiter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then I would lose my save data? not worth playing on my phone if I lose savedata

You have a Acekard saves, which should be in .sav format. Import the save in the Desmume and save your game in the emulator, it will generate a dsv file which is just your old .sav in dsv format. Put that in the backup folder.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a Acekard saves, which should be in .sav format. Import the save in the Desmume and save your game in the emulator, it will generate a dsv file which is just your old .sav in dsv format. Put that in the backup folder.
Hey! it worked, thanks for the help. I'll share what I learned:

If you are using a flashcart that automatically makes saves 512kb regardless of the saves actual size (acekard 2i w/ AKAIO for instance, many others as well) be sure to use a converter program that is capable of autodetecting the save size, import on desmume works for me, I had to use the option to import from the advancescene DB for mine to work for some. I then had to convert the raw exported format to .dsv still, but hey now my flashcart saves are working. YAY!

Reactions: Jaspiter

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, it works so good! Most games I tried run perfectly, but I'm having sync issues on Ouendan. The video and the music are not synched.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow, it works so good! Most games I tried run perfectly, but I'm having sync issues on Ouendan. The video and the music are not synched.

in the options, set the audio latency to low, might lag since it require more cpu power to process the audio faster.

(I haven't tested personally, but I think that's what you need to do)

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in the options, set the audio latency to low, might lag since it require more cpu power to process the audio faster.

(I haven't tested personally, but I think that's what you need to do)
While this makes the lag better, it doesn't eliminate it. No Ouendan on my S4 :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok