Emulation What is the best PS2 emulator for Android?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Nikokaro solved this problem on a little newer hardware, also with NetherSX2 if I remember correctly… while to my disappointment refusing to consider :creep:
5_yes_yes_yes-jpg.420782
↓↓↓
;)

Have to say: The thread title obviously caught the interest of general search engines. 5000+ views already 👍

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @KleinesSinchen and everybody. Yeah, I was only interested in playing SRW series titles: the english translated version of SRW OGs, on a mediocre snapdragon 679, via NetherSX2 of course, works great. Moreover on the same phone I can also play SRW GC (en patched) perfectly via Dolphin, to my great satisfaction. 😜 👍

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Moreover on the same phone I can also play SRW GC (en patched) perfectly via Dolphin, to my great satisfaction. 😜 👍
Currently I'm too depressed to do anything productive like preparing pictures. You just have to imagine a photo of a real GC or Wii at this point. :creep:

But to be serious: I'm really happy that you found a way that works for you!

One more thing, just for completeness and saving me from searching things up: How to setup NetherSX2? Is it complex?
A few weeks ago, when I tried myself, I just downloaded AetherSX with Aurora Store for a quick test (which wouldn't work anymore since it was remove from Play Store).

And no, I have no plans to use it myself (just to get an app on my tablet again, which gets stubbornly stuck until removing with ADB). Just interest in the complexity.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One more thing, just for completeness and saving me from searching things up: How to setup NetherSX2? Is it complex?
AetherSX2 needs to be modified with the NetherSX2 patch in order to play offline with all options turned on. Yeah, it is very complex to set: there are a myriad of options regarding 3d graphics to set. On Snapdragon 800 you will be able to play safely with the default settings. In my case, I had to simplify the graphics resolution to the bare minimum, but the result is still very good, and on a small smartphone screen you will not notice any substantial difference.
I attach for your convenience the two prepatched versions, which are now freeware.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/43jndohw2grvjx2/Nethersx2.7z/file

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AetherSX2 needs to be modified with the NetherSX2 patch in order to play offline with all options turned on. Yeah, it is very complex to set: there are a myriad of options regarding 3d graphics to set. On Snapdragon 800 you will be able to play safely with the default settings. In my case, I had to simplify the graphics resolution to the bare minimum, but the result is still very good, and on a small smartphone screen you will not notice any substantial difference.
I attach for your convenience the two prepatched versions, which are now freeware.
Thanks a bunch, downloaded those APKs already.

I know emulating PS2 on Samsung A52s is sluggish so I won't try it, but on a Pixel 7a (gonna buy) runs more or less smoothly.

Never imagined I'd end up playing Dreamcast, GCN, and PS2 via a phone. 😆

By the way, what's the best Saturn emulator? That's one console I'd like to play, but it's a pain in the ass to get the games to work.

Thanks.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the newer APK you uploaded and works wonderfully, I loaded up Tekken 4 and played smoothly on my Pixel 7a.

128GB might seem like a lot of storage, but for folks that store games it fills up quite quickly. And too bad it has no SD Card slot, dang. Oh well.

Thank you for the APK.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
128GB might seem like a lot of storage, but for folks that store games it fills up quite quickly.
DVD images are big – even huge for their time.

Maybe, just maybe, a phone is not the best device for emulating DVD based consoles. :creep: *Looks at 3.5" HDDs*

And too bad it has no SD Card slot, dang.
Yeah, why is that? 😡
Why do expensive phones have not expandable storage while most cheap phones do? And if there are two models with different memory size the bigger one is not just a bit more expensive… the difference allows buying a stack of micro-SD cards.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, just played a bit of PS2 on my Pixel 7a with the Backbone One and it was awesome, it felt like I was using a PlayStation device to play it. 😆

$200 for a streaming device? No, thank you. My phone can do a hell lot more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto