Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

R4WK1LL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone already talked about these, so I just want to confirm few things regarding save files:
1. I'm using SCDS2 on my NDSL, and all of the saves file can be loaded perfectly on DraStic just by renaming the file extension to .dsv, without the need to convert them manually (DraStic will do that automatically).
2. "Love Plus" has an issue with saving; but can be fixed by changing the save-file "size" value to '0x10000' (from the previous 0x2000) in "game_database.xml". Exophase already know about this, n probably gonna update it soon in the next version.
3. "Nintendogs: Best Friends" also has the same issue, n can be fixed by changing the save-file "size" value to '0x40000' and the "type" value to 'flash' (previously EEPROM).

Other games that has similar problem can be fixed by the same method, if you know some infos about those games save-file. I hope this helps..

..and a bit about Prof. Layton games:
1. As you may already know, "The Last Specter" has AP check. I play it using the patched one and can play normally both on the main game & "London Life" (where some other players stated otherwise).
2. "Unwound Future" has graphical glitch in cut-scenes.. so, if anyone have the same experience, please inform, so I know that it's not just me.. Thanx.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word to the wise!!! DO NOT uninstall and reinstall this emu without finding some way to back up your data. I had to do a uninstall today and lost all of my saves :( aside from that I'll continue testing the new update.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Word to the wise!!! DO NOT uninstall and reinstall this emu without finding some way to back up your data. I had to do a uninstall today and lost all of my saves :( aside from that I'll continue testing the new update.
This is assuming you are using an older version (cough cough). Newer official updates ask you to move your data to /sdcard/DraStic and all new installs will save there by default (rather than /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic which gets erased on uninstall).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is assuming you are using an older version (cough cough). Newer official updates ask you to move your data to /sdcard/DraStic and all new installs will save there by default (rather than /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic which gets erased on uninstall).

Been using the official version since day 1, this is the first time I have heard of this. Thanks for the heads up! On a lighter note. The screen garble in Phantasy Star Zero isn't that bad. I can now see top screen text during conversations.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, Bowser's Inside Story should be completely playable in the next release (source: I played through the entire game in a beta release)
As long as your rom boots, it should work. There are some tiny gfx/audio issues and 1 healing glitch that need to be fixed but other than that its good.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
By the way, Bowser's Inside Story should be completely playable in the next release (source: I played through the entire game in a beta release)
As long as your rom boots, it should work. There are some tiny gfx/audio issues and 1 healing glitch that need to be fixed but other than that its good.

Beta Release? How do we get those?
Also does this emulator have any auto AP patches or will I have to patch the games myself.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta Release? How do we get those?
Also does this emulator have any auto AP patches or will I have to patch the games myself.
I have an openpandora. And now its supported in the android version. This emulator doesn't usually have any AP issues (usually those trip up flash carts or desmume for improper emulation). For games that need AP Patching, you'll have to patch yourself.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have an openpandora. And now its supported in the android version. This emulator doesn't usually have any AP issues (usually those trip up flash carts or desmume for improper emulation). For games that need AP Patching, you'll have to patch yourself.

Thanks. Good thing theres always the ds scene rom tool.

Minor point, but I notice the usrcheat.dat from Drastic is slighlty bigger that the latest one from DS Scene Rom Tool, why is that?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kind of things should be posted elsewhere... I know the community is "completely built of pirates NO EXCEPTIONS ;O;" [sarcasm] but doesn't mean we can discuss cracked apps. Buy it and support if you can, but don't complain if the cracked versions don't work.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
These kind of things should be posted elsewhere... I know the community is "completely built of pirates NO EXCEPTIONS ;O;" [sarcasm] but doesn't mean we can discuss cracked apps. Buy it and support if you can, but don't complain if the cracked versions don't work.
People talk about issues getting their ISOs and ROMs to work all the time here, and GBATemp celebrates updates like when Wood gets more ROMs to run, etc.

Cracked app, AP-patched ROM, ISO with IOS-reloading patched out, same diff.

Isnt Exophase a member here and you are discussing on cracking his app?
As if none of the authors of other softwares/games people pirate and crack exist and can't google this forum?

If actions are fine when it's people you don't know but those same actions are bad when it's people you do know, you just might be a hypocrite. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!