Full source code for GTAV has been leaked publicly

GTAV-Review.jpg

Rockstar has been one of the primary targets for leaks this year, with early footage of GTAVI leaking out before even an announcement of the game was made, to the actual trailer for it leaking before its scheduled airing time. However, all that will seem like a slight pinch compared to what was leaked next.

Some private groups have been making rounds online with what seemed to be the full source code, complete with models and assets, of GTAV, and while the source remained private for a while, the entirety of the source code has been posted publicly, with some reports mentioning a full size of around 200GB.

Not only has the source code leaked, but it seems like, within the same leak, there's some files that point to potential Bully 2 and GTAVI mentions, and there's even lists of emails and full names of employees at Rockstar Games included within the leaked files.

Rockstar has already started taking down links to the downloads, but with the source already out and rapidly gaining attraction, there's not much they can do outside of just that.

As usual with these kind of events, any links related to copyrighted data are not allowed and will be promptly removed.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of PC users, maybe. I don't think it's actually going to die.
Nah, GTA V will become as relevant as GTA IV once GTA VI is out. Now, depending on how Online in VI is handled, maybe GTA Online from V will remain active. But perhaps they'll implement some sort of feature to transfer your character and content from V's Online into VI's Online, whatever that shapes up to be.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nah, GTA V will become as relevant as GTA IV once GTA VI is out. Now, depending on how Online in VI is handled, maybe GTA Online from V will remain active. But perhaps they'll implement some sort of feature to transfer your character and content from V's Online into VI's Online, whatever that shapes up to be.
Of course they will transfer over. For a fee!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they will transfer over. For a fee!
Oh, almost certainly. It'd be really cool if the Online of VI combines with the Online of V, in that they combine both maps and you can travel to either by plane or boat. Of course for that to happen, they would really need to polish up the map of Los Santos like crazy to look on par with how insane the graphics of VI are looking. If that were the case, then if such a feature were planned for VI's online, it almost certainly wouldn't be implemented until well after VI's Online launches.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GTA V will have loyalists developed over generations of nostalgia, and will always be more relevant than IV, in terms of people actively playing it.

If they do have a the feature to move character and content, then maybe. But I can't imagine GTAV servers being shut down anytime soon.

On that note, I wonder if the source code has useful info on how one might set up custom servers.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
GTA V will have loyalists developed over generations of nostalgia, and will always be more relevant than IV, in terms of people actively playing it.

If they do have a the feature to move character and content, then maybe. But I can't imagine GTAV servers being shut down anytime soon.

On that note, I wonder if the source code has useful info on how one might set up custom servers.
Can't you self host FiveM server today? Then again it's not a true server in that sence.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this will show up on a private torrent tracker of some kind or if that would be too hot for them. I kind of want it to look at it. Plus there's the thrill of having access to something you're not supposed to have. Or is that just me? lol

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, they can also improve the car physics/gameplay and its sound effects so it's not complete shit like it is in GTA V.

It's like GTA V was made for kids to play.
I thought Watch Dogs driving was shit lol, I didn't have problems with GTA V.
it was why do you think it has PVP in the online mode and all the micro transaction packs? aimed at tweens for sure
Well, I did play GTA V when I was 13 and had a blast with it, and my other friends at school did the same, it was pretty popular back then. I made my father play it and got bored instantly, my mother wasn't even interested. The game is definitely aimed at kids/teens
I mean if the 360 and PS3 can run it at a decent framerate, then the Switch should be able to play the OG gen build at similar framerates. However that would be with a professional team dedicated to the cause. Just the source code here in the hands of some homebrewers, yeah, you'd probably be looking at maybe 15fps or so as I said earlier in this thread. But it should still be feasible all the same. Having said that, as I've also said multiple times in this thread, even if someone in the scene does get a running Switch build, they almost certainly wouldn't distribute it anyway as they would just be asking for legal trouble.

Laugh emoji at this post if you agree. Glad to see Silvarez has my back on this one haha.
Switch has 8 times the RAM a PS360, a GPU that's literally 10 years ahead of those consoles (arquitecturally speaking) running at higher clock speeds and more cores (CUDA, ROPs, etc). The CPU is also a true CPU (A bit shit, but still blows out of the water the toys CPUs used by the PS360, specially the PS3, Cell was a cancer that had to die).
The Switch can definitely handle it, specially considering it has other games like The Witcher 3, PS360 can only dream of running it.

Wii U would have a bit more of trouble with the game, but if done correctly, it still has a bit more horsepower than PS360, so it should run at similar frame-rates with a bit more of graphics oomph.

Last edited by CrazySquid,
Reactions: Nezuh

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
In any case of "someone has leaked *game* source code" is a complete mess. But... this GTA5 leakage is something else, bigger, y'know?

I'm kinda split into two about it:
- part of me is interested and curious about the future mods to the game

- but the other side is worried (alot) about the game security, because this could mean that at any time some crazy dude could hack someones PC through the game.

But i hope I'm wrong about it

Reactions: JuanMena

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In any case of "someone has leaked *game* source code" is a complete mess. But... this GTA5 leakage is something else, bigger, y'know?

I'm kinda split into two about it:
- part of me is interested and curious about the future mods to the game

- but the other side is worried (alot) about the game security, because this could mean that at any time some crazy dude could hack someones PC through the game.

But i hope I'm wrong about it
People using exploits to execute malware don't need or use a game's source code for that. They take advantage of vulnerabilities in things like JavaScript or other known bugs in the game's netcode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto