Hacking Full Brick - Do Ya Feel Lucky... Well, Do Ya, Punk?

gloscherrybomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I fully bricked my wii by stupidly deleting IOS60 instead of reinstalling preloader. So, I realised I would have to pay the £80 and send it in to nintendo (launch wii so well out of warantee). Sent it in and they marked it as a minor repair, no signal output. Total cost, £0.00!

All I said was that it stopped working when power went off during an update to 4.0.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You are lucky, punk
tongue.gif
(well not really that lucky, i think nintendo has pretty generous service in most places
smile.gif
)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duh! You guys didn't know Nintendo was THAT nice?! BTW if you ever decide to buy a out of region Nintendo system and it's still under warranty, Nintendo will honor that warranty. I had a JP Pink and white DS that was imported to me with blown speakers and NOA fixed (not replaced the unit) the speakers and gave me a US serial number
biggrin.gif
I love Ninty! As for your brick, the same thing happened to me on Sunday (if you want further detail of my epic fail check out my profile and look for the post I made about bricking my system) and Ninty just got my system this morning. Someone said that he just got his system back form the same repair facility my system went to and they gave him a 3.3 unit back (that was about 2 days ago). I'm hoping for the same thing with my unit.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JumpMan3 said:
LightyKD said:
Riley said:
Good luck. Theyll probably install 4.0 just to piss you off
laugh.gif

Yeah I know, right
tongue.gif
I'm staying hopeful. Goodness knows I can use a bit of good news after the past 3 days
frown.gif

when i got mine back, they put 3.4

What facility did Nintendo have you send your Wii to?

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Daughter left her Nintendo DS lite in the public library with nintendogs in it..

Of coarse it got GANKED..

My wife called nintendo and explained what happened and they sent us a brand new ds lite with nintendogs too...

I purchase as much as I can from "Nintendo",, controllers, accessories, when I need something, I will NOT go to an "aftermarket" manufacturer... NINTENDO ALL THE WAY!

gloscherrybomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TheNewMouse said:
i bought a bricked wii for 40quid of gumtree...

might edge me bets and send it in lol was gonna keep it for spares but hey :-)

Mine went to portsmouth. mention that there is nothing displaying on the tv and you dont know why, and hopefully you'll have the same response.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whan I called Ninty about my bricked Wii on Sunday I just told them that I wasnt getting any picture and didnt know why. If you ever have to send a Wii back for a brick NEVER mention that you bricked it. Luckily my system has 9 months left in its warranty so it shouldnt bother NOA much.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
wah hahaha they fixed it for free even though they would have seen preloader and all the hacks on it
tongue.gif

...Whats wrong with that??? at least they're not like Microsoft and Sony where they would literally try to get you to show proof of purchase before doing anything for you
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro