Fuck Laugh Tracks.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't watch [insert any show that has a time of day following the name of the host].

All I fucking hear is the laugh track...

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen one good sitcom on Nickelodeon since iCarly.
Have you tried watching channels not made for children?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't watch TV anymore really, as I lack cable, and don't give a shit about TV.
I agree with the dont give a shit part, but with the few good shows and this being gbatemp, you know you could get shows in other ways >.>;

Reactions: Subtle Demise

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They ruined a lot of old cartoons like Scooby Doo, and the Flintstones. Also ruined TV shows like the Fresh Prince and Seinfeld imo. I fucking can't stand laugh tracks. I don't watch TV anymore really, as I lack cable, and don't give a shit about TV.
Since when does Scooby Doo have a laugh track?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to post that. I hardly ever notice laugh tracks if the show is decent. I forget Seinfeld has a laugh track honestly. Married With Children is another good show that also has one. In that show it sometimes added to the comedic timing. The only annoying thing about that show having an audience was the hooting and hollering whenever Kelly Bundy made an entrance.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when does Scooby Doo have a laugh track?
Older one did.

I agree with the dont give a shit part, but with the few good shows and this being gbatemp, you know you could get shows in other ways >.>;
Ofc I do, but I just don't have any interest in getting them. :P

Original dub Flinstones had a laugh track? Really??
http://hanna-barbera.wikia.com/wiki/Laugh_track

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite audience tracks is in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where the audience goes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I think they had a real audience, though. One episode they made a 4th wall joke and the camera zoomed out showing the studio.

Oh there was one where Carlton goes around screaming and the audience can be seen. All of the audience and staff can be seen.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: SG854

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
My favorite audience tracks is in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where the audience goes WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I think they had a real audience, though. One episode they made a 4th wall joke and the camera zoomed out showing the studio.

Oh there was one where Carlton goes around screaming and the audience can be seen. All of the audience and staff can be seen.

That first clip made me laugh. And the 2nd one I had no idea the show was recorded in front of a live audience. I've watched reruns so many times on TV, I missed that episode somehow, or just forgot about it. Been awhile since I've seen it.

That 70 show was another good one that had laugh tracks.

I was going to post that. I hardly ever notice laugh tracks if the show is decent. I forget Seinfeld has a laugh track honestly. Married With Children is another good show that also has one. In that show it sometimes added to the comedic timing. The only annoying thing about that show having an audience was the hooting and hollering whenever Kelly Bundy made an entrance.
The Hootin and hollerin was the funniest part. OOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
American shows are filled with laugh tracks.
Pretty much all of them aren't good neither.

You people should watch some British telly!
No seriously, it's a hell of a lot better then American comedy.
I challenge your theory that British telly aren't filled with laugh tracks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uh Huh, Ok, Canadian Shows are also filled with laugh tracks Fun Fact.

Every comedy show has laugh tracks, it's part of the comedy.
However, American ones have an abundance of laughter to the point of things happening in scenes like a normal door opening and hearing the same laugh track you heard 5 seconds ago when the same door has been shut.

In all honesty, I never seen a Canadian comedy show.
Atleast, I don't think I have.

Is Black Adder british? That show is funny as FUCK.

Black Adder is British yes.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Every comedy show has laugh tracks, it's part of the comedy.
However, American ones have an abundance of laughter to the point of things happening in scenes like a normal door opening and hearing the same laugh track you heard 5 seconds ago when the same door has been shut.

In all honesty, I never seen a Canadian comedy show.
Atleast, I don't think I have.

Black Adder is British yes.
Eh, I havn't done much analyzing to see a difference between British and American Humor. American shows, I do like Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office US, Arrested Development, Seinfeld. And a few others. Simpsons, Animaniacs and Rick and Morty too if you look at cartoons. Sometimes I don't notice laugh tracks TBH for shows that have them.

Last edited by SG854,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Eh, I havn't done much analyzing to see a difference between British and American Humor. I do like Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office US, Arrested Development, Seinfeld. And a few others. Simpsons, Animaniacs and Rick and Morty too if you look at cartoons. Sometimes I don't notice laugh tracks TBH.

Hmm, comedy wise, there's little that I like that comes out of the US.
The Office US is one of the last things I seen, didn't know it was considered comedy tho.

Animated shows, King of the Hill all time fav.
Simpsons.. I haven't watched anything after Season 22 I think.
Rick & Morty, meh, the crude animation style puts me off off it and I have no interest in it.
Older animated shows from the 90's and early 00's but animated shows are different imho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol