Fuck Laugh Tracks.

Rabbid4240

i dont know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I get this shit everywhere. Especially on Nickelodeon. "I have to pee." BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Someone gets hit in the head, BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Fucking hilarious. You see, they're using these laugh tracks to make you think the show is funny when it's obviously not. I haven't seen one good sitcom on Nickelodeon since iCarly, and that was made in 2007 when laugh tracks weren't that often. Now these things happen every. 2. fucking. seconds. What's really creepy, is that during laugh tracks, absolutely nothing happens. The actors just stand there until it ends. It's just so annoying, let me watch my goddamn show. I'll laugh whenever I want.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Laugh tracks are essential. I wouldn't know when to laugh without them.
Without them, shows become awkward and cringeworthy.

Typical example.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's padding, as well. The pauses the actors need to make for a laugh track fills airtime. Plus it's an insult to the viewer's intelligence in every level.
Exactly.
Legitimately funny stuff won't need a laugh track at all.
You only really hear them when jokes are forced.
Knowing that laughter is contagious, it tricks us into believing the "joke" was funny, when in reality, it isn't any more than some dumb statement your dad could have made on something trending.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Typical example.

So basically without them you realize that the show is just bad on it's own. Best example give, Big Bang Theory, which is just not a funny show.

Last edited by The Catboy,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Typical example.

If I could buy all the seasons of Big Bang Theory on Blu-Ray and turn off the laugh tracks, I would watch every single episode with a sick fascination as I endure the cringe and how truly bad it is.

I have always kinda wanted to do that.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well they can be handy for a reference point... At least you know when the writers believe something is funny. I struggled through the last season of South Park. Barr a couple of episodes I was was spending more time trying to work out just what exactly the writers thought was funny than I did actually following the stories. At least with a laughter track I'd have been able to go "oh. Well that wasn't funny" and move on

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They ruined a lot of old cartoons like Scooby Doo, and the Flintstones. Also ruined TV shows like the Fresh Prince and Seinfeld imo. I fucking can't stand laugh tracks. I don't watch TV anymore really, as I lack cable, and don't give a shit about TV.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They ruined a lot of old cartoons like Scooby Doo, and the Flintstones. Also ruined TV shows like the Fresh Prince and Seinfeld imo. I fucking can't stand laugh tracks. I don't watch TV anymore really, as I lack cable, and don't give a shit about TV.
Original dub Flinstones had a laugh track? Really??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: