jnfirst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there,

I've hacked my WiiU about 6/7 years ago and I almost not used it since, but finally my son started to play and I'm getting more time to join him in the Nintendo party.
Some tutorials teach how to install GC and Wii games and I noticed that they don't work on my system, so I discovered that's my hack fault, since it uses RedNand (it has Haxchi installed).
I would like to change that, but I don't know which is the best option, CBHC or HaxchiCFW.

What you guys suggest? Is there a tutorial?
I've seen some about changing Mocha, but none of them started the rednand automatically and my system do that: after HBC channel/icon and it goes direct to "Iosuhax Rednand", I don't have to choose anything (but allows to play installed games).

I tried to post my screens, but as a new member I'm not allowed to.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english and newbie questions.

z3roplayz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

I saw your post and I want to help you out as much as I can. I have recently gotten into the Wii U hacking scene and running into problems is very common. Today's standers are to use a software called Homebrew. At this point, grab a full sized SD card with at least 2GB of storage and follow Jack Sorell's tutorial on YouTube. Also, that way I have figured out how to make USB Loader GX work on Wii U! (Its a software where you can run Wii games from your hard drive, thumb-drive, or SD card) Jack also can teach you how to use Haxchi with Homebrew. So, good luck and do your best!

Last edited by z3roplayz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your son is going to be using the system, I'd advise against cbhc. there's brick risk if the wrong thing is done like deleting the account associated with the haxchi game or formatting. it's pretty easy to change back, which is what I did. you'll have to reinstall your games though, since the tickets are in redNAND. you may be able to take them from redNAND, but redNAND is known to be unstable, so I wouldn't trust it. to go back to haxchi, redo your config.txt and reinstall haxchi. have it say default=sysmenu

Reactions: Alexander1970

jnfirst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey!

I saw your post and I want to help you out as much as I can. I have recently gotten into the Wii U hacking scene and running into problems is very common. Today's standers are to use a software called Homebrew. At this point, grab a full sized SD card with at least 2GB of storage and follow Jack Sorell's tutorial on YouTube. Also, that way I have figured out how to make USB Loader GX work on Wii U! (Its a software where you can run Wii games from your hard drive, thumb-drive, or SD card) Jack also can teach you how to use Haxchi with Homebrew. So, good luck and do your best!

Hey!

Thank you, I'll watch it and follow his tutorial, but first I'll have to change my start up config to be able to install the new cfw (that's what I have to discover how to do, but @godreborn gave me some clues). At least I already have Haxchi installed.

And II've been able to make an installable game, it seens to be ok, but it's not funcional on rednand.

Regards!

if your son is going to be using the system, I'd advise against cbhc. there's brick risk if the wrong thing is done like deleting the account associated with the haxchi game or formatting. it's pretty easy to change back, which is what I did. you'll have to reinstall your games though, since the tickets are in redNAND. you may be able to take them from redNAND, but redNAND is known to be unstable, so I wouldn't trust it. to go back to haxchi, redo your config.txt and reinstall haxchi. have it say default=sysmenu

Thank you for the advice, you're right! I don't think it worth the risk.

Deleting games doesn't seem so bad, I'll just lose some saves. I have all of them on external HD backup, so I can reinstall and have the oportunity to replay them again with my son.

Now that you said, I'll try to discover how to change the config.txt and reinstall it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to recover your saves using saviine, but I can't remember. unless you saved to NAND, the saves should be on the usb I believe. game, save, dlc, update, they all migrate together iirc.

jnfirst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you may be able to recover your saves using saviine, but I can't remember. unless you saved to NAND, the saves should be on the usb I believe. game, save, dlc, update, they all migrate together iirc.

I've seen a tutorial and I'll try to back it up! Thx.

One more question: I've just edited my Haxchi config.txt file as you said ("default=sysmenu"), but it didn't work and still automatically starts the Iosuhax Rednand.

This is my config.txt file:

a=wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadiine_gx2.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
x=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
y=iosuhax/fw.img
down=wiiu/apps/snes9x2010_libretro/snes9x2010_libretro.elf
default=sysmenu

I was able to initiate the HBC without entering the Rednand by pressing the "x" button. Do you think that reinstalling my Haxchi from there will solve the problem?

Thank you again and sorry to bother you.

jnfirst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, try it. did you reinstall haxchi at all?

Probably I'll try to extract the save files and reinstall haxchi next week, since I'll travel in a couple of hours (it's 03am here).
But as soon I get to handle the wiiu updates I'll let you know if it worked.
Thanks a lot!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like you found the tickets. I'm not sure about doing that, but if it works... the reason being the fact that redNAND is unstable, since parts of it were cut off when building it. if you made a nand backup using redNAND, you have to build another to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: