Hacking Forwarders are back!

MattyBummpo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

Trying to get some vWii forwarders to work. Having some successes (fceugx, USBLoaderGX, snes9xgx), having some failures (almost everything else). The wads work to success in YAWMM and the channels show up on the vWii menu but when I click start the screen goes black and console crashes so hard I need to unplug it. The paths are 100% correct. In fact one forwarder I used (genplus) even goes to a screen and says that it found the boot.dol and is loading it, but then freezes and crashes the console. Most of the wads/forwarders were taken from Mastershoes emu forwarder collection 2nd edition, then run successfully through Convert2vWii.

First, any suggestions as to why it could be having trouble loading the boot.dol for some of these forwarders?

Second, I'm certainly willing to try other forwarders - I see a bunch listed on this thread by Pepois but when the links are dead. Can anyone please pose the Forwarders are back-Pepois.rar for me to download.

Thanks!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do I find new links?
I know this thread is for forwarders that are installed to the vWii menu. But if you're looking for forwarders directly from the Wii U menu for these emulators and more which not only gives Pro Controller support, but Gamepad support as well, then you can download those all in a pack I've put together here here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ou0fbwfog6plzf4/Ultimate_Wii_U_Emulator_and_Loader_Pack.zip/file

And download this too: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5zm6msi25p495e6/Gamecube_(Nintendont)_Wii_U_Channel.zip/file that's a fix for the Gamecube Channel, I had ripped the other one wrong. This one will work, the one in the larger zip will just boot to a black screen if you try to launch it.

The channels will look like this:
r6Mzboz.jpg

The emulators/loaders in question are:
GBA - VBA GX, DS - Loadiine GX2 (that I only loaded with DS games) NES - FCEUGX, SNES - SNES9X GX, N64 - Wii 64 Rice, Gamecube - Nintendont, Wii + Wiiware - USBLoader GX, PS1 - WiiSXR, PSP - PPSSPP, SEGA Genesis, Master System, etc. - GenPlus GX, Neo Geo - GxGeo (pro controller support but no Gamepad support), Arcade+ (essentially everything else) - Retroarch

If this interests you, download, read the readme, and you should be able to get everything going. Please do read the readme though, there are things to note, for example, I even included a overclock channel in the pack to launch right before you launch the N64 or PS1 channel, but the channel was created with the haxchi method, meaning don't install it if your CBHC was installed over the same DS game (don't recall the game off hand, but it's noted in the readme, so again, read the readme if you want to include stuff like that, cuz it could brick your Wii U if you used that DS game for CBHC).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

dylanlisgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this thread is for forwarders that are installed to the vWii menu. But if you're looking for forwarders directly from the Wii U menu for these emulators and more which not only gives Pro Controller support, but Gamepad support as well, then you can download those all in a pack I've put together here here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ou0fbwfog6plzf4/Ultimate_Wii_U_Emulator_and_Loader_Pack.zip/file

r6Mzboz.jpg

GBA - VBA GX, DS - Loadiine GX2 (that I only loaded with DS games) NES - FCEUGX, SNES - SNES9X GX, N64 - Wii 64 Rice, Gamecube - Nintendont, Wii + Wiiware - USBLoader GX, PS1 - WiiSXR, PSP - PPSSPP, SEGA Genesis, Master System, etc. - GenPlus GX, Neo Geo - GxGeo (pro controller support but no Gamepad support), Arcade+ (essentially everything else) - Retroarch

If this interests you, download, read the readme, and you should be able to get everything going. Please do read the readme though, there are things to note, for example, I even included a overclock channel in the pack to launch right before you launch the N64 or PS1 channel, but the channel was created with the haxchi method, meaning don't install it if your CBHC was installed over the same DS game (don't recall the game off hand, but it's noted in the readme, so again, read the readme if you want to include stuff like that, cuz it could brick your Wii U if you used that DS game for CBHC).

Edit: apparently my Gamecube channel was ripped improperly and doesn't boot if you launch it. So if you do download this pack, don't bother installing the included Gamecube channel, I'll upload a fixed version soon. I can confirm all other channels do work though.

Thx

Reactions: Alexander1970

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

And download this too: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5zm6msi25p495e6/Gamecube_(Nintendont)_Wii_U_Channel.zip/file that's a fix for the Gamecube Channel, I had ripped the other one wrong. This one will work, the one in the larger zip will just boot to a black screen if you try to launch it.

r6Mzboz.jpg

Thank you for sharing.

A question: does the loadergx forwarder support external usb? IIRC, you make a choice between gamepad support OR usb support.

If you don't mind and have some spare time, a loadiine forwarder (without the ds thing) would be nice too.

snake2332

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz Thanks a bunch! Any chance you could inject the Wii + WiiWare (USBLoaderGX) installer into a different DS game? I think I'm not alone in having used Big Brain Academy for CBHC.

Also, newbie question that maybe you know the answer to (I've only had my WiiU hacked for a few days now), is there still a risk of bricking the vWii if you try to use a WiiWare WAD that was created for Wii, not vWii?

Thanks again!

snake2332

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MikaDubbz Thanks a bunch! Any chance you could inject the Wii + WiiWare (USBLoaderGX) installer into a different DS game? I think I'm not alone in having used Big Brain Academy for CBHC.

Also, newbie question that maybe you know the answer to (I've only had my WiiU hacked for a few days now), is there still a risk of bricking the vWii if you try to use a WiiWare WAD that was created for Wii, not vWii?

Thanks again!

Also, your Nintendont installs both fail for me. "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patch"

Noizecreep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

r6Mzboz.jpg

Hey man, just wanna say thank for this, seriously - this and the Wara Wara Plaza hack is great stuff!

I just want to check something - In your ReadMe file it says that everything you need to get the emulators up and running is included, but don't the emulators (apart from the PSP emulator) all need to be added to the apps folder of the SD card for use on the vWii side first? I could only see a few things in the apps folder in your pack. Maybe I'm not understanding exactly how this all works, but I assumed that these forwarders are all still essentially pointing to the app on the vWii in order to run them, or is this something different?

If I'm right then I assume I should also make sure that I have the correct files for Genplus, Snes9xgx etc in the apps folder in addition to your files (i.e the boot.dol files etc)?

Thanks again for this!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, just wanna say thank for this, seriously - this and the Wara Wara Plaza hack is great stuff!

I just want to check something - In your ReadMe file it says that everything you need to get the emulators up and running is included, but don't the emulators (apart from the PSP emulator) all need to be added to the apps folder of the SD card for use on the vWii side first? I could only see a few things in the apps folder in your pack. Maybe I'm not understanding exactly how this all works, but I assumed that these forwarders are all still essentially pointing to the app on the vWii in order to run them, or is this something different?

If I'm right then I assume I should also make sure that I have the correct files for Genplus, Snes9xgx etc in the apps folder in addition to your files (i.e the boot.dol files etc)?

Thanks again for this!

Some 'forwarders' were not put together by me, and those ones are actually self contained, I believe those being VBA GX, FCEU GX, SNES9X GX, and maybe Genplus GX. As such you can't easily update them by swapping out their apps in your sd card, but they also don't need to be in your apps folder either, others like Nintendont definitely do though. I could probably update those channels when I have some free time and make them proper forwarders, but I haven't seen much progress for those emulators since these versions were compiled, they have Wii U pro controller and Gamepad support and all seem to run at perfect speeds, so my motivation to update those channels is low lol.

Reactions: Noizecreep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1