Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The answers are not thorough or accurate enough to be of any real use (you can't bother to get filenames right?), and the attitude stinks.

Answer questions when people ask them, or point them to the answers, or don't reply at all.

edit: I didn't mean to be rude, it just bugs me when people reply negatively to noob questions, especially when the search function sucks as badly as it does here.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Other than that it was nice. If any people with new R4's have any questions about what restore was talking about and need clarification please ask. He has most of the issues people have in his post . He's just a little abrupt.

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone even caring what this guy has to say? He kept on complaining about the new firmware not fixing any games.
There should be another rule not to be a jerkoff about firmware updates just because it doesn't interest you.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
That aside, darksavior, he has a good point, even though he wants a sticky with this info just so he wont have to deal with people asking questions regardless of if they have been asked before.

I personally think it would do better in his sig space rather than a sticky, but thats just me...maybe condensed a little...alot...

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have a newb question so i will ask it here =D can R4 run aim DS?? my friend wnats to know before getting the $43 one!

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
reason why i wanted to write this is that people keep asking same questions over and over.. well maybe it is start of every forum...

rainiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks...
u pretty much answered everything i wanted to ask
smile.gif

i wldn't mind a little sarcasm, just phrase it a little nicer, alright?
after all, we all were once noobs
tongue.gif

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
personally dude i think your being a dick everyone is a noob at one point, and its best to try and find out most of what you need to learn by yourself.
mad.gif
no smily face for you.

rest0re

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
sure i remember getting my first pc and formatting hard drive just to test what format does
rofl2.gif
but i learned to use "search" option at forum so i dont need to ask questions again and again

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question, I formatted my 1 gig kingston on win98se and I can't get custom skins to appear even though I resave them as uncompressed bitmaps on my card's _system_ folder. It's even in the newest version(1.7 moonshell release/calendar edition) and won't display. I even tried using the old lady's windows XP to put them on there and save as .bmp but to no avail. So why, are my custom skins not working? I'm presuming it's got something to do with me formatting on 98SE..Thinking maybe I need to reformat it on XP and if so...fat16 or fat32?

Kazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a question, I formatted my 1 gig kingston on win98se and I can't get custom skins to appear even though I resave them as uncompressed bitmaps on my card's _system_ folder. It's even in the newest version(1.7 moonshell release/calendar edition) and won't display. I even tried using the old lady's windows XP to put them on there and save as .bmp but to no avail. So why, are my custom skins not working? I'm presuming it's got something to do with me formatting on 98SE..Thinking maybe I need to reformat it on XP and if so...fat16 or fat32?

They have to be in the /_system_/themes/ folder of the card, and in the /themes/ folder, each skin has to be in a folder named theme01, theme02, theme03, and so on.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They have to be in the /_system_/themes/ folder of the card, and in the /themes/ folder, each skin has to be in a folder named theme01, theme02, theme03, and so on.
This is only true if you want to have multiple skins on the microSD card. If you only want one skin, just put the files in the _system_ folder.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the being in just the systems file, then once again, not working, nor did it work when I assigned them to seperate theme folders. Is it limited to XP only or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn