• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Florida appeals court denies 16 year parentless girl abortion request

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nature always comes back. But we think so negatively about it. Women are world champions in having children. Good for them.
I don't doubt the natural order of things, but the situation isn't always so nice as to allow women to have children on the drop of a hat given the burdens of society nowadays

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't doubt the natural order of things, but the situation isn't always so nice as to allow women to have children on the drop of a hat given the burdens of society nowadays
Yes, I think the needs of women are not properly adressed at all. What I don't like about the abortion debate is that it completely leaves a positive outlook on motherhood out of the picture. I think that is not a good culture to have.

Last edited by Creamu,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I think the needs of women are not properly adressed at all. What I don't like about the abortion debate is that it completely leaves a positive outlook on motherhood out of the picture. I think that is not a good culture to have.
A majority of women throughout the US backs Roe v Wade. I think they know how to address their needs. But once again a cabal of old men, plus one sycophant, refuses to make it happen.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we establish the standard, that engaging in voluntary heterosexual activities implies the consent to keep the baby that would clear things up alot.
As long as we can clear up whether posting on these forums consents to being shot to the head.

What I don't like about the abortion debate is that it completely leaves a positive outlook on motherhood out of the picture. I think that is not a good culture to have.
Why? If I was to force feed you cheesecake then would the ensuing debate satisfy you if I told you that eating cheesecake was a good experience?

Last edited by smf,

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
As long as we can clear up whether posting on these forums consents to being shot to the head.
Are you suggesting executing GBAtemp posters?
Why? If I was to force feed you cheesecake then would the ensuing debate satisfy you if I told you that eating cheesecake was a good experience?
I can't follow your train of thought.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you suggesting executing GBAtemp posters?

I can't follow your train of thought.
I'm not suggesting anything, you consenting does not place any obligations on me.
Can we clear up whether you consent to being shot though?

My train of thought is that just because the majority of people think something is good, then that isn't relevant to the person who actually doesn't want it (for whatever reason). People don't go through with abortions just because they hadn't been told how wonderful motherhood is. You sound like someone who has decided what is best for other people.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My train of thought is that just because the majority of people think something is good, then that isn't relevant to the person who actually doesn't want it (for whatever reason). People don't go through with abortions just because they hadn't been told how wonderful motherhood is.
This doesn't clear things up for me. I don't like your violent speech, let's leave it at that.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nature always comes back. But we think so negatively about it. Women are world champions in having children. Good for them.
World champions? Just... why? I'm beginning to wonder if you've any familiarity with the other sex.

Certainly a possibility. Going to another state to get the baby aborted is inconvinient but if it is so important to her she could just do that.
You do realize she is a youth without parents and income, and that travel outside of her state would cost her time and money, right? These are resources she doesn't have in great quantities, to say nothing of the laws being put in place in certain states to make it potentially a crime as well. This is a gross reply to a gross statement and you should be quite ashamed of yourself.

This doesn't clear things up for me. I don't like your violent speech, let's leave it at that.
This is why the thought of you being a mod is a bit terrifying. You're kinda quick to veer into conspiracy territory, don't follow conversations well, and have a false neutrality... on top of spamming the boards and your excitement to flex mod powers. Maybe consider taking a break so other people can start threads without getting drowned out by your copypasta and unresearched hot takes on things?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do realize she is a youth without parents and income, and that travel outside of her state would cost her time and money, right? These are resources she doesn't have in great quantities, to say nothing of the laws being put in place in certain states to make it potentially a crime as well. This is a gross reply to a gross statement and you should be quite ashamed of yourself.
Words to the wind I fear. Besides they lie with the full knowledge they are lying.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
World champions? Just... why?
Evolution. It took a long hard struggle for them to get there and they deserve to be applauded.
I'm beginning to wonder if you've any familiarity with the other sex.
It's just a basic fact of nature. Like trees grow with roots. Human evolution is centered around sex, I didn't make that decision.
You do realize she is a youth without parents and income, and that travel outside of her state would cost her time and money, right?
Well I didn't come up with this notion and only said that it might be possible and therefore the notion another user voiced is plausible.
These are resources she doesn't have in great quantities, to say nothing of the laws being put in place in certain states to make it potentially a crime as well. This is a gross reply to a gross statement and you should be quite ashamed of yourself.
I'm not.
This is why the thought of you being a mod is a bit terrifying. You're kinda quick to veer into conspiracy territory,
Well that depends on perspective.
don't follow conversations well,
As if every conversation here should be followed. Which one of the staff would do this?
and have a false neutrality...
I never claimed general neutrality
on top of spamming the boards
Spamming is against TOS you can report me an see if staff agrees.
and your excitement to flex mod powers.
I don't have mod powers. That would be a weird flex.
Maybe consider taking a break so other people can start threads without getting drowned out
Just do it. If the subject is covered I won't OP a copycat.
by your copypasta and unresearched hot takes on things?
If they are copypastad how can they be my hot takes? This incoherency demonstrates why I chose to go the savest route of opening threads, and this is reflected in their design. I can change them no problem, but the problem that it won't change the antagonism. It is what it is.

Last edited by Creamu,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!