• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Florida appeals court denies 16 year parentless girl abortion request

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evolution. It took a long hard struggle for them to get there and they deserve to be applauded.
This is just insane. Please put your money where your mouth is, go to some aquarium with ancient varieties of fish life and applaud them for the contributions of their predecessors, and let us know how well this turns out.

It's just a basic fact of nature. Like trees grow with roots. Human evolution is centered around sex, I didn't make that decision.
This isn't some kind of deep fact you're bringing up, and it doesn't mean anything here. You aren't philosophizing or sharing some kind of insight, you're obfuscating for the sake of your right wing beliefs... and inexperience with women and their bodies.

Well I didn't come up with this notion and only said that it might be possible and therefore the notion another user voiced is plausible.
You spoke of it as an obvious response to an issue not seeming to care if it was the least bit plausible. Yeah, City's posts here are trash, gold star, but YOU humored him AND put the onus on the girl in the scenario if "it was so important". Consequently, drop dead you entitled man-baby.

Obviously. You seem to lack the ability to feel shame or admit mistakes. Cool. See above.

Well that depends on perspective.
The perspective of a lot of folks here is "Why won't this idiot leave?" You MIGHT be able to garner the favor of some overworked staffers by showcasing your ability to post multiple threads with a handful of replies in a day with barely neutral retooled titles of mostly right leaning topics that pick fights with anybody wielding common sense, but those of us who have to deal with you know better.

As if every conversation here should be followed. Which one of the staff would do this?
The ones who participate like you for starters, but for clarity while moderating it kinda helps to understand what is being said in response to what? I'm not Foxi's biggest fan (and I'm not tagging him because I see no reason to pester him with praise) but he does tend to at least read the topics he proceeds to moderate, and he's so opposite my viewpoints that I wonder if one day we'll have to meet over a volcano while finally agreeing that there can only be one!

I never claimed general neutrality
I don't... was referring to political/religious affiliation... this just brings up more questions. Are you openly anti-women, now?

Spamming is against TOS you can report me an see if staff agrees.
Oh, been there done that. Even if staff doesn't agree, it doesn't mean it isn't true.

I don't have mod powers. That would be a weird flex.
Anxiety to flex, comrade. Keep up. You've been giddy at the thought of reaching your "dream" of being mod here. Some of us dread what you'll do with any level of authority and your lack of a clue.

Just do it. If the subject is covered I won't OP a copycat.

If they are copypastad how can they be my hot takes? This incoherency demonstrates why I chose to go the savest route of opening threads, and this is reflected in their design. I can change them no problem, but the problem that it won't change the antagonism. It is what it is.
And we reach climax! This right here is my biggest issue with you. You lean hard crazy to the right, but you've learned juuuust enough to retool thread titles to sound neutral while still being antagonistic. This is where shame might be handy, because you obviously don't understand how this makes you ill suited to a role that relies on critical review with unbiased judgments.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This is just insane. Please put your money where your mouth is, go to some aquarium with ancient varieties of fish life and applaud them for the contributions of their predecessors, and let us know how well this turns out.
I applaud all life on earth that is willing to maintain itself. Everything else has got to go, it is what it is.
This isn't some kind of deep fact you're bringing up,
Just like I said in what you are quoting 'It's just a basic fact of nature.'
and it doesn't mean anything here.
It means everything everywhere you can find life.
You aren't philosophizing
No as I said, I'm giving you the most basic facts of evolution.
or sharing some kind of insight, you're obfuscating for the sake of your right wing beliefs... and inexperience with women and their bodies.
Again, I kindly ask you not to assume my gender.
You spoke of it as an obvious response to an issue not seeming to care if it was the least bit plausible. Yeah, City's posts here are trash, gold star, but YOU humored him AND put the onus on the girl in the scenario if "it was so important". Consequently, drop dead you entitled man-baby.
City has a perspective that is plausible. You know the facts on the ground as well as city does, that means not at all.
Obviously. You seem to lack the ability to feel shame or admit mistakes. Cool. See above.
What exactly?
The perspective of a lot of folks here is "Why won't this idiot leave?" You MIGHT be able to garner the favor of some overworked staffers by showcasing your ability to post multiple threads with a handful of replies in a day with barely neutral retooled titles of mostly right leaning topics that pick fights with anybody wielding common sense, but those of us who have to deal with you know better.
I understand you perspective.
The ones who participate like you for starters, but for clarity while moderating it kinda helps to understand what is being said in response to what? I'm not Foxi's biggest fan (and I'm not tagging him because I see no reason to pester him with praise) but he does tend to at least read the topics he proceeds to moderate, and he's so opposite my viewpoints that I wonder if one day we'll have to meet over a volcano while finally agreeing that there can only be one!
Okay...
I don't... was referring to political/religious affiliation... this just brings up more questions. Are you openly anti-women, now?
No
Oh, been there done that. Even if staff doesn't agree, it doesn't mean it isn't true.
It is true for you.
Anxiety to flex, comrade. Keep up. You've been giddy at the thought of reaching your "dream" of being mod here. Some of us dread what you'll do with any level of authority and your lack of a clue.
I take it.
And we reach climax! This right here is my biggest issue with you. You lean hard crazy to the right, but you've learned juuuust enough to retool thread titles to sound neutral while still being antagonistic. This is where shame might be handy, because you obviously don't understand how this makes you ill suited to a role that relies on critical review with unbiased judgments.
Okay, I always love getting harsh feedback, because I count on big words to be followed by big actions. I think my threads are great, and if you can make my threads look like you've described by opening your own threads, I can't wait to see them.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean, like forcing to complete a pregnancy when there is a lack of will to do so?
That was the point I was trying to make, yes.

Yes, and in so far that it keeps one from reproduction, it is a fact of nature that this one will be selected out.
Stupidity can be beneficial for reproduction.

Hence why there are so many dumb republicans in the US.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how Florida would handle such a case if we somehow knew that baby would grow up to be gay. Would the conflict in their morals cause the state to explode? Wouldn't that be great? Just doing the country a nice favor by getting rid of Florida once and for all.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder how Florida would handle such a case if we somehow knew that baby would grow up to be gay. Would the conflict in their morals cause the state to explode? Wouldn't that be great? Just doing the country a nice favor by getting rid of Florida once and for all.
They would wonder how a child of theirs, bought up by them, could possibly turn out to be gay.

Then they would blame democrats.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, let's throw someone that's not even an adult into taking care of a child. that sounds real smart.

oh, but the conservatives are gonna use this as "if you don't wanna get preggers, don't fuck" which is bullshit, but I digress.

This kid clearly thinks she's unfit to be a mother, why are we forcing motherhood on her? because beliefs and feelings are hurt?

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, let's throw someone that's not even an adult into taking care of a child. that sounds real smart.

oh, but the conservatives are gonna use this as "if you don't wanna get preggers, don't fuck" which is bullshit, but I digress.

This kid clearly thinks she's unfit to be a mother, why are we forcing motherhood on her? because beliefs and feelings are hurt?
I just think it's really weird that people on the right are so convinced that she absolutely MUST deliver this baby because it's more valuable than her or any physical and psychological damage she'll endure due to childbirth. Kinda weird.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think it's really weird that people on the right are so convinced that she absolutely MUST deliver this baby because it's more valuable than her or any physical and psychological damage she'll endure due to childbirth. Kinda weird.
100 percent this.

Lets waste our youth and turn them into another babymaker instead of letting them carry on with their lives.

or better yet. let's put more precedence on a yet-to-be-born individual that literally doesn't know it's head from it's ass than on a person who's lived for 16-17 years.

it's fucking stupid. and I don't understand wanting to advocate for an unborn rights when it wouldn't even remember a damn thing, but that 16 year old will certainly resent being forced to birth and likely carry that over to post-partum, and overall resentment to a child.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100 percent this.

Lets waste our youth and turn them into another babymaker instead of letting them carry on with their lives.

or better yet. let's put more precedence on a yet-to-be-born individual that literally doesn't know it's head from it's ass than on a person who's lived for 16-17 years.

it's fucking stupid. and I don't understand wanting to advocate for an unborn rights when it wouldn't even remember a damn thing, but that 16 year old will certainly resent being forced to birth and likely carry that over to post-partum, and overall resentment to a child.
Plus imagine how that kid is gonna grow up; if they stay with the mother then they're going to be remembered as the child forced on them by the world, and when they're old enough to understand they're going to have a ruined life with their reputation in the news cycle as "the baby forced to be born by out of touch old white men," and so on.

Put em up for adoption and then they'll not only hear all of the above, but then also live away from their birth mother too.

It is a fucking horrible situation for everyone involved, and the quality of life socially (generously assuming someone so young can actually give birth to a healthy child) is going to be absolutely miserable. I'd love to hear the outrage addicts on the right in this thread try to explain what they think could be good about this.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus imagine how that kid is gonna grow up; if they stay with the mother then they're going to be remembered as the child forced on them by the world, and when they're old enough to understand they're going to have a ruined life with their reputation in the news cycle as "the baby forced to be born by out of touch old white men," and so on.

Put em up for adoption and then they'll not only hear all of the above, but then also live away from their birth mother too.

It is a fucking horrible situation for everyone involved, and the quality of life socially (generously assuming someone so young can actually give birth to a healthy child) is going to be absolutely miserable. I'd love to hear the outrage addicts on the right in this thread try to explain what they think could be good about this.
yeah, but it seems like they stop thinking at "oh a girl is practicing a fully healthy sexual life, let's repress them and make it their problem for having sex" even though AMAB/men don't have to deal with that scrutiny. they can fuck like a truck and never get looked at like they're a problem. that whole "she shouldn't have opened her legs" argument pisses me off to be honest.

also it seems like to me that they seem to forget that we don't want to force people to have abortions, we're just want people to have access to the CHOICE.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but it seems like they stop thinking at "oh a girl is practicing a fully healthy sexual life, let's repress them and make it their problem for having sex" even though AMAB/men don't have to deal with that scrutiny. they can fuck like a truck and never get looked at like they're a problem. that whole "she shouldn't have opened her legs" argument pisses me off to be honest.

also it seems like to me that they seem to forget that we don't want to force people to have abortions, we're just want people to have access to the CHOICE.
Choice is not an option in this country anymore unless you have the influence/money to make it happen for yourself. Or at least that is how it appears to be anyways.

Reactions: Dakitten

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q