Hacking Flashcard Confusion

NecessaryExplosion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I just discovered this place after I bought a flashcard on ebay and have been struggling to make it work. I'm getting "errcode=-82" and "please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware" errors. Here's the card I received:

r4.jpg

I have since discovered that buying this card was probably a mistake. Reading "The BIG DS Flashcart F.A.Q. thread!" it seems like this is listed under the Budget clones section and it suggests that I may be able to install ysmenu. Reading the linked thread I'm unable to determine which section I should be using. Can someone help me out?

Or should I just return it? Or is it even made by www.r4ishdc.com because I don't see yellow 2020 carts on their site?

Last edited by NecessaryExplosion,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm unable to determine which section I should be using
R4i-SDHC[.com], of which r4isdhc.com is a lower quality clone

I don't see yellow 2020 carts on their site
http://www.r4isdhc.com/wp-content/themes/nds9/images/GOLD-PRO.jpg :)
Note that all of their flashcards since 2013 in the same series are the same, just case swaps

Or should I just return it?
Usually I would say yes, however the recommended balanced flashcard (r4ids.cn) is hard to find nowadays, the original R4 and premium DSTWO are well sold out, leaving only the overpriced Acekard 2i or more accurate TTDS clones (which I would still trust more than an r4isdhc)

Reactions: NecessaryExplosion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: