Flash2advance card without linker

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by tan-tan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. tan-tan
    OP

tan-tan GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    I just bought an old Flash2Advance 256mbit card. It didn't come with any linker, but i do have a DS flashcard. Any software that'll let me flash a ROM to a slot2 card?

2. doomsdayzzz

doomsdayzzz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    i have two of these cards but it seems like finding the parts is more trouble than its worth. there is a software called fas1 that ive been reading up on but youll need a DS and theres conflicting results on this application working with f2a carts.

3. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
  4. doomsdayzzz

doomsdayzzz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    just a question, is there any generic usb to gab cable out there that will allow me to flash this f2a cart? I have the serial cable but i dont have a serial port computer anymore... looking for another way to flash this cart besides the nds method with fas1

Edit:

Im on the verge of giving up and going to just buy a new 3ds with a supercard dstwo..

;[

Last edited by doomsdayzzz, Oct 17, 2016
  5. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    even getting the USB version of the F2A linker to work on a modern PC with an OS more recent than XP is a pita. I always have to run a Virtual machine in virtualbox to do that. but in the end, i no longer care. i just use my trusty ezflash IV, my Supercard miniSD and my Revo K101+ with the k-card. My f2A and the linker are sitting in the closet collecting dust.

btw, the FAS1 software for the DS does not work with F2advance cards.

6. junn

junn .

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Tokyo
    weird, i got FAS1 v1.5 to flash my F2A(256M) cart. it recognized as Turbo FA.
    00012.png

and like HDIDT said, Acekard 2i(AKAIO) also works.
    00011.png

7. doomsdayzzz

doomsdayzzz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    I sold 3 of my carts the other day. im relief theyre gone lol

8. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    That is weird. I am going to ry this tonight with my F2A (128M) again.

EDIT: can you upload the FAS ROM you are running somewhere? I do know that I tried in the past and it wouldn't work. MAybe you have a special version that was compiled with F2A compatibility?

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Localhorst86, Oct 24, 2016
  9. Localhorst86

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Just an update, I was surprised to see that 1.5f of FAS1 actually recognizes my F2A as a Turbo FA and actually flashes it. That is nice to know as fiddling with virtual machines on my PC is a hit and miss with the USB linker.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk